Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This side needs first and foremost a player who can take control of the plays, someone with a quality kicking game and the judgement to know the time to kick, like Cam Smith. This is really for mine what Milford ought to be doing, he ought to be that pivotal player and I can't for the life of me work out why he doesn't do it for more than 10 minutes a game.

Also, I really think Macca was utter CRAP tonight at a time when he needed to stand up and be the other leader and game manager.

That is where this team really falls down - we have no one to follow, and no one to really lead

Bulldogs were very good and were the better team regardless of what is said about the referee's or our blokes.

I think they deserve some credit, especially Jackson and Lewis who were immense.

Yeah they were very good, but it doesn't detract from an argument about bad refereeing. That no try was wrong, and we didn't get a penalty in the second half until like the final ten minutes of the game. Still deserved losers.

Edit: Quoted edited post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't it said that some of the players were out on the piss during the week? Sounds like Coach is being way too soft on them. Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes that is influencing his commitment.

Has that not always been Bennett's MO tho?

He doesn't tell the boys not to go out an enjoy themselves?

Has that not always been Bennett's MO tho?

He doesn't tell the boys not to go out an enjoy themselves?

I don't know myself but I'm hoping you're right, because if you're not it doesn't look good.

*sigh*

I honestly didn't have any hope for making the GF for most of this year but just when I started to think otherwise.....

I'm sure the players started believing the hype too. People were saying the bulldogs would be walk overs. Complacency is a funny thing

Same thing happened against the Warriors. Why is it that we suddenly feel like we can win just by showing up?

I know we have an inexperienced team and there will be inconsistency but there's something seriously wrong with our mental approach to certain games. It is something that has to come down to coaching.

So what was up with joffa and tpj tonight? Both didn't see much game time and both were underwhelming.

TPJ thought he was going to run over the top of Lewis. Anyone who has watched Lewis play knows that is very unlikely to happen. He's dropped every big unit that has run at him. Two teams in a row have attacked the wrong side of the bulldogs.

we had the three-hit combo of Boyd not grounding the ball, Isaako missing the penalty and the failed short kick off.

But then Korbin had a quick double (almost treble) right before half time. How did we not kick on from there, taking that into the sheds?

That’s the problem with this team. We don’t know how to control that will or ability to come back. It’s 50-50 at best right now.

Pangai shouldn’t be playing until he’s fully fit. Roberts looks cooked. Kahu will be lucky to see first grade again.

Pack was lacking, and while I’m not calling for his head, this is where McGuire really needs to step up and lead, instead of pulling opponents’ hair. Curious as to why we stopped the Lodge/Offa switch.

This game was lost with Isaako's missed penalty, Oates brain dead knock back for the Dogs first try, and Boyd fucking up a sitter of a try.

Those three incidents combined early on and their heads dropped like a sack of shit. Mentally weak as piss.

Last edited:
Obviously a dire performance but we were coming off a couple of good wins. Hope to learn from it.

Bennett saw it coming..... it is a concern that he wasn't able to get us up for it though.

Same thing happened against the Warriors. Why is it that we suddenly feel like we can win just by showing up?

I know we have an inexperienced team and there will be inconsistency but there's something seriously wrong with our mental approach to certain games. It is something that has to come down to coaching.

It comes down to not having a spine, literally and metaphorically.

I can only wonder what this side would be capable of with a Cam Smith clone in the middle, harnessing, directing and empowering the enormous talent in this Broncos side.

At the moment, it is a collection of unguided missiles

Last edited:
TPJ thought he was going to run over the top of Lewis. Anyone who has watched Lewis play knows that is very unlikely to happen.

It sortof felt like that was the whole gameplan early on, and when it didn't work we looked totally clueless about what to try next and then we were just out-enthused.

Poor show.

Sims had the best 20 minutes of his last 4 years. Where is that every other game?

TPJ tried but looked injured should have been rested. Glenn should’ve stayed in Brisbane recovering was a waste of a player. Lodge doesn’t look 100%. McGuire looks like he needs a week off training.

But all symptoms of the coaching decisions this year combined with soft mentality (yes hard for young guys but really can expect fluctuation not looking like you had half a carton pre game). Players playing injured (yes low on troops but if you aren’t fit you aren’t fit, we have a few subs who can hold their own), players playing out of position unnecessarily. Going back on good decisions (I.e Isaako moved halfway wtf). Not rewarding performance (wtf was Offa not starting). Absent halfback blunting our 2 biggest weapons in Roberts and Milford. Absent tactics -cause Boyd is at centre now can’t even do a sweep apparently...

Worst part was watching the battle of a couple of the most useless attacking hookers in the NRL. Both lost....

This game was lost with Isaako's missed penalty, Oates brain dead knock back for the Dogs first try, and Boyd fucking up a sitter of a try.

Those three incidents combined early on and their heads dropped like a sack of shit. Mentally weak as piss.

Jinx

Active Now

• Allo
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.