/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Without a doubt.

I just think people posting that the sky is falling tonight, were 7 days ago fist pumping about how good we were.

Probably same people who will be crestfallen once we go out unceremoniously in the 2nd week of the finals after a great week 1 game.

No excuse! How the **** does a team become complacent at this time of the year and in the position they’re in? Unacceptable from professional athletes.

I didnt mean to say they were complacent. Fatigued maybe? It's hard to get up for games against lesser opposition. As we've proved time and time again.

We've got the cowboys next week, which will be a cracker.

Then we've got rabbits, then roosters, then manly at home.

Put me down for 4/4.

Last edited:
He's not able to stay on the field long enough. We're only getting half a game out of him at best.

1. For all the money, TPJ & Glenn or atleast one of them would've been rested to recover from niggling injuries. That way, they would be fresh with the break they get. Both of them are shadows of themselves tonight.
2. When Lodge came off the bench against Penrith & Sharks, why he had to start the game against Dogs?
3. The NO try for Sim's 3 try was real killer but certainly not the sole cause for poor defense & attitude. Instead, it should've motivated the players more in 2nd half. Again, poor attitude & defense.
4. Roberts need to sort out his game.
5. Kahu, Isako & Oates needs to be aware of what's happening around them during the game. They're very lethargic. Probably, the reason Kahu was hooked in 2nd half.

All in all, it's a golden opportunity missed to get WITHIN top 4. For now, it seems a distant reach. Would most definitely be among 5-8.

Next Thursday we are playing Cowboys who, are also at bottom of the ladder. But, will we dish out the same crap against them or turn up with some mongrel & attitude? Only time will tell.

Very disappointing tonight. Didn't need to win by 30+ but, a comfortable win would've been lot better.

Last edited:
I didnt mean to say they were complacent. Fatigued maybe? It's hard to get up for games against lesser opposition. As we've proved time and time again.

We've got the cowboys next week, which will be a cracker.

Then we've got rabbits, then roosters, then manly at home.

Put me down for 4/4.
We’ll smash the Cows, just beat Souths and lose to the Rooters and Manly!

1. For all the money, TPJ & Glenn or atleast one of them would've been rested to recover from niggling injuries. That way, they would be fresh with the break they get. Both of them are shadows of themselves tonight.
2. When Lodge came off the bench against Penrith & Sharks, why he had to start the game against Dogs?
3. The NO try for Sim's 3 try was real killer but certainly not the sole cause for poor defense & attitude. Instead, it should've motivated the players more in 2nd half. Again, poor attitude & defense.
4. Roberts need to sort out his game.
5. Kahu, Isako & Oates needs to be aware of what's happening around them during the game. They're very lethargic. Probably, the reason Kahu was hooked in 2nd half.

All in all, it's a golden opportunity missed to get WITHIN top 4. Next Thursday we are playing Cowboys who, are also at bottom of the ladder. But, will we dish out the same crap against them or turn up with some mongrel & attitude? Only time will tell.

Very disappointing tonight. Didn't need to win by 30+ but, a comfortable win would've been lot better.

Agree with all points but what did Roberts do wrong?

BroncosHQ fans are so jeckle and Hyde. Last week was rainbows and butterflies in here. Tonight thenlive game chat was a haunt of vice and villainy with blokes spitting venom, in-fighting and a touch of racism. Guess the fans are a reflection of the teams consistency. Still was pretty shocked the few times I popped my head in. Either way, was a shitty effort by the boys but who cares. We were never really gonna make the top 4. Let’s lose a few more and make sure the big dogs underestimate us come finals time.

It’s not all of BroncosHQ, it’s the same handful of usual suspects that are always throwing tantrums and chicken little-ing

As good as we were the previous 2 weeks, we were equally as bad tonight.

Never really looked in it and always looked a step behind the Bulldogs. It’d be great to say this was just one of those losses that happens sometimes, but sometimes is happening way too often this year.

Not many can hold their head high tonight, but what really concerns me is that some of our players look like they desperately need a rest.

Fingers crossed we bounce back and go on a tear, but even the biggest optimist wouldn’t think that’s probable.

The guys were tired, it has been a huge couple of weeks for them and last week would have sapped them. Add to that the famous Bennett second pre-season and it really isn’t a surprise.

People blaming the coach for tonight’s game are kidding themselves.

Add to that the famous Bennett second pre-season and it really isn’t a surprise.

I was attributing that to the warriors game.

I'm a Bennett fan, he identified this as a problem game. But he didnt get us ready......

The guys were tired, it has been a huge couple of weeks for them and last week would have sapped them. Add to that the famous Bennett second pre-season and it really isn’t a surprise.

3 games in 12 days. That's going to take a bit out of any side IMO. Would have like us to be a little more competitive though.

I was attributing that to the warriors game.

I'm a Bennett fan, he identified this as a problem game. But he didnt get us ready......

There is only so much a coach can do. I know it’s a crazy concept but sometimes the 17 blokes that take the field have more of an impact on the game than the bloke sitting up in the box and they need to shoulder most of the fucking responsibilty. If guys like Oates spent less time worrying about moving positions half way through his fucking career and more time learning how to catch the fucking ball that would be good too.

At least tonight's result confirmed what most of us have known since March. They are only making up the numbers for 2018. Sure, they will make a little noise and may even progress to Week 2 of the finals but it was never going to be a premiership year.

There are better days ahead though but one has to be patient, the next decade will be much more fruitful than the current one.

I suspect some of the "live game" chat participants on this page won't be able to wait that long with many checking into the psych wards around Brisbane's outskirts as we speak.

Fingers crossed we bounce back and go on a tear, but even the biggest optimist wouldn’t think that’s probable.

If anything, I'd say that's actually pretty likely. The same pattern just keeps on repeating this year, we tend to go well after a big loss (and then we go back down again afterwards).

Last edited:
If anything, I'd say that's actually pretty likely. The same pattern just keeps on repeating this year, we tend to go well after a big loss (and then we go back down again afterwards).

Yep.

We suffer a bad loss, then we tend to win well. The next game or two are close games where we just grind out a win and then we lose badly again.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • simplythebest
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Lostboy
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Griffo
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.