Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Some inconsistency in our forwards (to be expected), but the worry was the attitude brought into the game.
As I keep saying, if we put opponents in their own half and try to get some repeat sets early we can dominate (as was shown, but unfortunately by the dogs).
They had a really smart kicking game and our team was very lazy in defence, especially early.
They kept put pressure on us, forcing our back to make (and often fail) clutch plays). That and some defence that let some ordinary playera make big yards (with no threats of offloads, they should have been stopped dead in their tracks) gifted them the game.

We all predicted it. Consistently inconsistent

We don’t attack anymore we don’t offload we don’t move the ball all we bloody do is 1 our shit all the time. Even when we need points we weren’t chancing our hand. Bennett has the whole team on a leash and he’s completely destroying our season. TPJ would be the most skilful forward in the comp but isn’t even aloud to offload. We have 1 of the best attacking teams in the Comp but Bennett is holding them back. We need Walters back so he will allow us to use the ball when he was at the club.

We don’t attack anymore we don’t offload we don’t move the ball all we bloody do is 1 our shit all the time. Even when we need points we weren’t chancing our hand. Bennett has the whole team on a leash and he’s completely destroying our season. TPJ would be the most skilful forward in the comp but isn’t even aloud to offload. We have 1 of the best attacking teams in the Comp but Bennett is holding them back. We need Walters back so he will allow us to use the ball when he was at the club.
Nope.

Nikorimas chip over the top for Milford was pretty chancy.... i'd like to see more of that...particularly for Roberts.

Wow, I think that is the exact opposite of what just happened.

We didn’t lose because our creativity is being stifled, we lost because we thought we’d just be able to run through them and score an easy 50 points. That was of course until we dropped the ball every second set.

Instead of defending the errors, we just clocked off and waited until the next set to score, but bang, we conceded points and it all started over again. We tried the flashy stuff without gaining field position or momentum, thinking it’ll just happen again, and it just resulted in poor passes and more errors.

Playing conservative, tucking the ball under and just running hard and tackling hard is what we SHOULD have done to dig our way out. We went the easy way and got owned.

This time 2015, we made the GF that year and we lost to manly pretty bad this time of the year, week after lost to dogs.

Last edited:
I hate losing, but I can accept it when the effort is there. We have put in some awful performances this year in terms of effort and enthusiasm. I’d say a quarter of our games this year we have rocked up with a poor attitude and got rolled. I think one of the problems is we don’t have a leader, Boyd is an awful captain, but unfortunately we don’t have anyone else. We need someone to be able to recognise when the team is struggling and be able to fix it. There have been a lot of positives this year, milfs kicking game improvements, Matt lodge, and obviously our young forwards. But we need a captain who can lead this young team the way it needs.

Shitty game though Milford played really well. Going to be a tough run home but what we’ve shown in recent weeks, we are capable and can win all games. Fun times ahead actually.

Well it has taken me 21 rounds to figure out the 2018 Broncos.

They are like a flaky friend. You like them but know it is only a matter of time before they let you down.

I'm still amazed by sims game. He was running hard and offloading. Should have had a hat trick

We sucked but it's not like we haven't sucked this year. I thought the dogs were ripe for the taking after our gritty performance last week.

Milford did ok, couple of nice kicks but a couple of shockers as well. Wasn't it twice he hit it out on the full? Kodi was targeted a lot in D.

Lachlan Lewis played a blinder though, I was pretty impressed.

He probably wasn't expecting the big dummy to bat it back when he can get two hands on the ball. Honestly Boyd gets blamed for the weirdest shit around here..

Agree but Boyd wasn’t going to catch the ball, wasn’t in position to help Oates going out, wasn’t there for a pass, not sure what he was trying to accomplish. Who was there to tackle the opposition if they caught it not Oates or Oates spills it? The whole left side has to be pulled over and the centre placed there because of defensive expertise has to control that side does he not?

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.