Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I have to wonder why McGuire faces suspension for a hair pull, when Milford only faced a fine ...

Could it be that the NRL think McGuire is more important to our chances

Or simply that the NRL don't know the meaning of the word consistency

The NRL know as much about consistency as we do

10 years from now, no one will remember or care why we had a 12-8 record, all they will remember is we had a 12-8 record.

Making excuses for mediocre performances only acts to perpetuate acceptance of mediocrity.

I truly believe very few supporters expect perfection and if they do, it’s more because they love the team so much and want them to win every game rather than being naively unrealistic. But that said, some of the crap we’ve dished up in the last few years would have to make even the most objective supporter question the club.
This is the most common sense, realistic post I've read on here in awhile.

We don't expect perfection but our expectations are very high just due to the fact of the success we've had. Not even the Henjak/Griffin era has eroded these high expectations.

We simply know the standards of our club and our team. We know if we play to our potential every year then we're a big chance to take home the trophy. The only issue we have is attitude, we have such a bad attitude and a weak fragile mentality that until we overcome this, then and only then can we do something in the NRL.

Last night's game was the last straw for 2018. To come out and play like a pack of soft ***** when our top 4 spot was on the line, they were missing their best forward Klemmer was a disgrace. To dish that up to the loyal supporters and to play like that for themselves is horrible. That attitude is what I don't like, it's not that we don't have the team to win the comp or the tactics, the issue is ALL mental. We are a team who lacks supreme mental fitness and a strong mental desire to win at all costs. How do we have to be? Look at the Melbourne Storm. They are unreal. Up for each and EVERY game for YEARS so there's NO REASON we should be mentally weak if we truly want to be premiership contenders but sadly...we don't want to pay that price so we, the fans, should accept and settle for mediocrity? Some of you forget who the Broncos are. It's not seeking perfection, it's seeking the REAL Broncos.

I have to wonder why McGuire faces suspension for a hair pull, when Milford only faced a fine ...

Or simply that the NRL don't know the meaning of the word consistency

Probably because this is the second time McGuire has been caught doing it. Also, if you think McGuire is more important to our chances than Milford then I just don’t know what to say to that...

Last edited:
Dee and Browny pretty much read my mind. I think we just have to accept that with a youngish team we are going to have this inconsistency for a while, but it does shit me to tears. I regard this premiership as being open to just about anyone to win, including us, but for our attitudinal issues.

This is definitely Thaiday's last chance to win another premiership and getting close for Boyd as well. I just can't get why professional footballers knowing there are a limited number of games to go, and that they are in with a real shot if they give it a red hot go, show up and put on performances like they did last night and against the Warriors. It does my head in.

Dee and Browny pretty much read my mind. I think we just have to accept that with a youngish team we are going to have this inconsistency for a while, but it does shit me to tears. I regard this premiership as being open to just about anyone to win, including us, but for our attitudinal issues.

This is definitely Thaiday's last chance to win another premiership and getting close for Boyd as well. I just can't get why professional footballers knowing there are a limited number of games to go, and that they are in with a real shot if they give it a red hot go, show up and put on performances like they did last night and against the Warriors. It does my head in.

You can put it down to youth, or you can put it down to figures within the team treating the club like a paid holiday.

That tap on for the short drop kick summed up everything wrong with the way we played.
Lack of communication, chancey all or nothing play, and a failure defend when it went wrong.
Instead of doing the hard yards we came into the game, thinking the Bulldogs were going to lie down.
I'm not sure why the broncos fail to recognise the importance of treating our opponents with respect, but they better start learning that lesson soon or face an ordinary finals series.
We need to win 4 in a row against teams looking to do the same, bringing their A game to every match.
The way we approached that game needs to be given plenty of introspection and correction, or we'll struggle to get to week 2 of the finals.

Yep and when we started to get back on top we got complacent again and the bulldogs absolutely pulled our pants down. The drop out debacle is such a ridiculous play in hindsight. Who made the call to do it and why at that stage of the game? It's so bizarre

Probably because this is the second time McGuire has been caught doing it. Also, if you think McGuire is more important to our chances than Milford then I just don’t know what to say to that...
Show me where I said that I thought McGuire is more important to our chances than Milford

Show me where I said that I thought McGuire is more important to our chances than Milford

Wow, I think that is the exact opposite of what just happened.

We didn’t lose because our creativity is being stifled, we lost because we thought we’d just be able to run through them and score an easy 50 points. That was of course until we dropped the ball every second set.

Instead of defending the errors, we just clocked off and waited until the next set to score, but bang, we conceded points and it all started over again. We tried the flashy stuff without gaining field position or momentum, thinking it’ll just happen again, and it just resulted in poor passes and more errors.

Playing conservative, tucking the ball under and just running hard and tackling hard is what we SHOULD have done to dig our way out. We went the easy way and got owned.

THIS is absolutely so spot on, and again highlights what is for mine, the most crucial problem with this team - the lack of a real on-field leader who can re-focus the team to clock back on, who can control the game with well judged kicking, someone the young players can look up to and who will direct them. Youth is not the issue. Leadership is.

As I said before, this is too much a hugely talented side full of unguided missiles.

It's been downhill pretty much since Locky and Hodgo left

Last edited:
I think that this game was a smokescreen to an extent. I think next week the Broncs will lose too. The second pre-season is well-documented.

This side is in the 8 and will not move up much even with wins. The motivation was clearly lacking and without the leadership to turn it around, this side has that kind of self-destruction in it unfortunately.

However, we’ve all seen what they can do when switched on. In two weeks from now as the rev up for the finals, look for the real statement of intent.

Either this comp won’t know what hit it or this team is done. There will be nothing in between.

On the Korbin Sims no try, the bunker got it right unfortunately.

Here's the thing, the fine print says the bunker only needs sufficient evidence to overturn. They don't need to be 100% conclusive. That was made up by the media and the commentators. It just needs to be sufficient and that right there is sufficient enough to say the arm carrying the ball touched the ground.

Vlcsnap 2018 08 03 23h46m19s580

What I reckoned did happen. Ben Fuckin Cummins is a demon to us. Whenever he's the referee, for some reason we dish out utter crap.

Majority of the guys are either lethargic or with poor attitude or both. They didn't turn up at all ffs.

I certainly didn't expected a win like we had against Titans or the Panthers instead, a win like we had against Sharks would've been damm good for the ladder sake. A wasted opportunity that will put a huge dent to our confidence. It's like 2 very good wins & then a poor game.

TPJ & Glenn do not deserve to be on the field at all. They should've been surely rested.

Maybe you need to learn how to read then... because nowhere in that sentence does it say that was my opinion

THIS is absolutely so spot on, and again highlights what is for mine, the most crucial problem with this team - the lack of a real on-field leader who can re-focus the team to clock back on, who can control the game with well judged kicking, someone the young players can look up to and who will direct them. Youth is not the issue. Leadership is.

As I said before, this is too much a hugely talented side full of unguided missiles.

It's been downhill pretty much since Locky and Hodgo left

But surely a team of professional footballers can get the basic task of ball security right. All year they have been consistently spilling the ball when they get tackled.

OMG! I cannot personally take a Broncos loss especially, the one we just had. Sure its only a game but, it's everything to me. It's bloody Friday afternoon & the weekend hasn't started yet, I feel real depressed.

Top-4 spot would've been ours by end of Round-25 had we won the game against Dogs & the rest. It may still be a chance but, whole lot of things need to go in our favor which, I doubt they will.

Not sure TPJ will be at his best for rest of the rounds. What happened to the team? They are so lethargic in the effort & they simply thought that by just turning up at ANZ stadium, we get a 'W' at the end of the game???

There has to be some kind of self retrospect among the playing group. You guys practice or improve your skills for 3 or 4 days (at most) per week & only DO the job for 80 minutes in a week. Is it so fuckin difficult to get your head around and put things into perspective for 80 minutes/week? Sorry guys, we are approaching end of season & you all have to improve a hell lot and play for freaking FULL 80 minutes.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • azza.79
  • Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.