Round 21 Discussion

I'd give him a hearty handshake but not below the waist

Raiders +13.5 backers about to cop a rough beat ... would've felt pretty safe at 18-0 (effectively 31.5-nil)

I wasn't watching this game, but the stats say Thurston has 5 errors!? Was he really shit or something?

Thurston made errors....but was in everything as usual.

Certainly one that got away from the Raiders though....they were great early on.

I wasn't watching this game, but the stats say Thurston has 5 errors!? Was he really shit or something?

He wasn't at his best.

Came up with the big play when it mattered but I thought he was a bit quiet. I think it had something to do with him going down injured twice. It had an affect on him.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights and the thing that struck me is how ineffective the high shot ( ball and all attempt ) is. Time and again players go high and try to tackle the part of the body that's most heavily muscled. The Cows would have scored half the tries they did if blokes would put their shoulders into the runners hips. At the heart of that loss was poor tackling. Contrast that with Robson who pulled off at least three spectacular try stopping tackles and low and behold, the Sharks snatch the win. Ricky might know how to coach a team to score but clearly not how to defend.

I'm happy with the late changes ahead of the Dragons/Knights clash.

It's always nice to see other players given an opportunity to impress. Nathan Ross has been killing it in the NSW Cup for sometime and really should have been given an opportunity much sooner than now. Not sure if I like him debuting on the wing, but I'm sure he'll take whatever opportunity will come his way. Lachlan Fitzgibbon was a really solid cog in the Knights NYC pack last year and given the Knights predicament, deserves an opportunity to showcase his wares.

They come in for Chanel Mata'utia and David Fa'alogo which shouldn't be big losses for the Knights.

Unfortunately for the Knights, they'll miss Tariq Sims for this clash. Houston (ugh...) will come into the starting side with Tapine making his way onto the bench.

For the Dragons, Justin Hunt returns to reserve grade with Dylan (I ruined Yow Yeh's career) Farrell coming into the side. Creagh goes to the bench for Will Matthews, in a move that screams 'we don't have any props or impact off our bench'.

Really important game for both clubs. A win here for the Knights will restore some pride in the club, enabling them to scapegoat Stone while the Dragons need to win if they're going to be any chance of mounting a charge towards the finals.

I think this game will be a bit more interesting then what some think. The Dragons are keen to strike back with a win and are fighting for a finals spot, some debutants playing who will look to impress and teams after sacking their coach have a habit of turning it around.

Not sure why defenders don't tackle the bloke going for high ball.

If you're going to put in a piss weak effort to contest the ball, why not just use the numbers you have to your advantage and tackle them?

Too easy for the Dragons.

That was good from Knights.

They have threatened to score a few times. This time it finally came off.

What hope is there when the refs can't even get a knock on call right.

Unread

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Swordfish
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Battler
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • heartly87
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.