Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

he had a bad run of injuries early on and didnt have much luck. he was a top liner in 2014. he had been injured majority of this year but tonight was a reminder of his footy skill.
thats a harsh call saying he hardly went anywhere...he is better than what we have.

bennett was looking for a replacement for hodges. he saw that in roberts more than copely. dont forget bennett really wanted gagai before he got massive offer from knight.
from what im hearing gagai is coming next year. imo gagai is much better fit for the team than roberts and is the ideal replacement for hodges

I have suspected for some time that our players are not as fit as they should be. No doubt they we're fit enough at the *beginning of the season but for the last two months they have looked off the pace.*<br>*Maybe they put in a big pre season and have just slackened off during the season. Thaiday and Milford both look to be carrying a few extra kgs. Just how hard are these guys training?<br>*<br>

Doesn't matter how fit you are if you keep giving away penalties and dropping balls. You try tackling big monsters over and over. It'll gas anyone. Plus we never force repeat sets.

It's late at night, and Wayne Bennett sits alone in his office.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

'Right, time to make some changes.'

If you listen to the fans, soon you'll be sitting in the stands with them.

'Wait, maybe I should stick with what I'm doing.'

If you always do what you've always done...

'No, I should make those changes!'

If you listen to the fans...

'Oh, balls.'

[head explodes]

How?

What's happened behind closed doors??

Who knows.

I have a difficult time believing it has had more of an impact than injuries, representative commitments, the current state of depth and the flow-on effect that has had on the roster.

You could see tonight's result coming a mile away.

Wasn't through a lack of effort, just too many new faces, battered bodies and egos among the lot.

With Gillett, McGuire and Thaiday due back next week I predict a much better result for the Broncos next week and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish the season with a wet sail.

It won't be enough to win a premiership, but should be enough to put them in good stead for 2017.

I agree with this. Having Glenn in the centres is BAD. It upsets the combination with Milford. Gillett's value is immeasurable in so many ways, attack and defence and structurally.

Nevertheless, as I said elsewhere, comparing this side to last year's, the loss of Hodges and Walters is really really showing in so many ways.

Wayne needs help.

Last edited:
It's late at night, and Wayne Bennett sits alone in his office.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

'Right, time to make some changes.'

If you listen to the fans, soon you'll be sitting in the stands with them.

'Wait, maybe I should stick with what I'm doing.'

If you always do what you've always done...

'No, I should make those changes!'

If you listen to the fans...

'Oh, balls.'

[head explodes]

Yes!

I have suspected for some time that our players are not as fit as they should be. No doubt they we're fit enough at the beginning of the season but for the last two months they have looked off the pace..Maybe they put in a big pre season and have just slackened off during the season. Thaiday and Milford both look to be carrying a few extra kgs. Just how hard are these guys training?

It's in the current RLW, but Anthony Griffin has poached Alex Corvo for the Panthers next year.

Not sure if that is relevant to the current issues, but it's likely to be an issue in future.

The whole 'Bennett never loses anyone he wants to keep' statement is a myth.

Wayne did the right thing by tapping Parker on the shoulder. But who taps Wayne on the shoulder? He's only tarnishing his legacy. What more does he have to achieve in the game?

I agree with this. Having Glenn in the centres is BAD. It upsets the combination with Milford. Gillett's value is immeasurable in so many ways, attack and defence and structurally.

Nevertheless, as I said elsewhere, comparing this side to last year's, the loss of Hodges and Walters is really really showing in so many ways.

Wayne needs help.

Kevvie is coming back to help...

Which ones would all say were right/wrong?

1. Boyd (Barba/Hoffman)
2. Oates
3. Reed/Opacic (Copley)
4. Roberts (Copley)
5. Kahu (Drew)
6. Milford (Norman)
7. Hunt (Taylor)
8. McGuire
9. Macca (Granville/Parcell)
10. Blair (Hannant)
11. Glenn (Teo)
12. Gillett
13. Parker/Arrow

14. KNik (JNik)
15. Thaiday (Dodds)
16. Joffa/Ese'ese (Wallace)
17. TPJ

These are all just off the top of my head and while some of them are obvious no-brainers, some of our retentions compared to those let-go are real head scratchers. Obviously some of these are before Bennett's time...but not many. A lot of that comes down to the head coach doesn't it?

And that Hunt (Sherwin) - Taylor (Thurston) analogy I suggested at the time of Taylor going are just not leaving my mind.

Which ones would all say were right/wrong?

1. Boyd (Barba/Hoffman)
2. Oates
3. Reed/Opacic (Copley)
4. Roberts (Copley)
5. Kahu (Drew)
6. Milford (Norman)
7. Hunt (Taylor)
8. McGuire
9. Macca (Granville/Parcell)
10. Blair (Hannant)
11. Glenn (Teo)
12. Gillett
13. Parker/Arrow

14. KNik (JNik)
15. Thaiday (Dodds)
16. Joffa/Ese'ese (Wallace)
17. TPJ

These are all just off the top of my head and while some of them are obvious no-brainers, some of our retentions compared to those let-go are real head scratchers. Obviously some of these are before Bennett's time...but not many. A lot of that comes down to the head coach doesn't it?

And that Hunt (Sherwin) - Taylor (Thurston) analogy I suggested at the time of Taylor going are just not leaving my mind.

At this point it's looking like this. Losing Taylor to keep Hunt and Granville to keep McC are looking more and more like big mistakes every week

I'm serious worried about hunt. The only thing that could lift him up after the gf loss is winning the gf this year. But now I'm sure he's psychologically cooked. He's done.

So to all those who say???? Who had a bad attitude tonight????

I'll still cling to hope until we are in the ground, so I hope the Dragons get up tomorrow night.

WHY isn't Milf running? Fat? Lazy? Scared?

At this point it's looking like this. Losing Taylor to keep Hunt and Granville to keep McC are looking more and more like big mistakes every week

Yep to me these are the two decisions that really matter as well, I think it has cost us some premierships, in the plural. This is a big call as well but Teo in the side last year and we are defending premiers.

I'm serious worried about hunt. The only thing that could lift him up after the gf loss is winning the gf this year. But now I'm sure he's psychologically cooked. He's done.

He threw his hands up in the air in exasperation at his complete inability to kick the ball where he actually wants it to go, on at least 3 occasions tonight.

He appears absolutely bereft of ideas on how to improve that part of his game and it seems possibly as a consequence and at least not helped by last year, the rest of his game is falling away too.

Anyone know when Knick is back? Maybe it is time to drop Hunt to QCup, give him some time away, let Milford and Knick have a crack at running the show and maybe spark some form and let Hunt work with Kevvie for a few weeks to try and get it back where t should be.

He isn't solely to blame, but he is playing awfully at present.

Look at the last season when Bennett was coaching the Knights. Mid season Kevin Walter join the knight. The won last 12 games. So Walter gone join Broncos on Monday. If they perform well and win the game against dragon next Thursday. What will that meant to Wayne? I am looking forward next match against dragon. Just because of Kevin Walter. Tonight game young player played well, Tom opacic, TPJ, Herman eseese. There is no leader at moment in Broncos.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ell.d33
  • Manofoneway
  • Hurrijo
  • Jazza
  • Mighty Bronx
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • Allo
  • Manlyman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.