# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Manly Sea Eagles 44
Brisbane Broncos 14

At least we beat them by a bigger margin.

That's one positive.

Take your meds, boys.

If nothing else, this loss is a blessing in the long run.

Hey, at least we didn't concede 50 therefore ruling us out of the premiership race.

This is the wake up call we needed.

This feeds into why I have had a niggling doubt about them being genuine premiership contenders. Hopefully, it is just a one off forgettable poor game. It will be telling to see how they come back against the Dogs next week.

Pretty disappointing result, not just the loss but more so the scoreline in the end.........fark I hate Manly!

I kind of knew it wasn't going to be our night when Manly scored those early tries through a bit of luck and things in general just weren't going our way, but ultimately we were pretty much out enthused tonight. We really missed Moose and Blair.

The things we have relied on a lot this season (our defense, completion rate and discipline in penalties) were woeful this game. The very limited chances we had in attack we didn't look awful, but we were on such a back heel that we were looking a bit panicky at times. Some decisions from the referees were woeful I have never seen so many dubious tries not go to the video ref, considerinf how many oh so obvious tries do. Shrug. The best teams bounce back from this. Let's see if we do.

Manly were pretty red hot tonight. Probably would've beaten anyone. They need to maintain that for the next 6 weeks with Lyon pulling trick shots out of his arse, mataeo' try LOL. We were probably 10% off . Good to see Thaiday at the back end.

That Mateo try, he was dead set held for 6 minutes and his elbows hit the ground. Triple movement. Also why was Stewart allowed to drop knees into Oates making him lose the ball? We were shit tonight but is there any other sporting competition in the world where the referees just guess everything?

Who was it who said something about dead cat bounce? Manly played with nothing to lose and it showed. They bounced that fuckin' cat like the greatest cat bouncers the world has ever seen.

Oh well, tough day at the office but it's certainly not season over. We're still 1st on the ladder and after 8 rounds of winning we finally got the wake up call that we needed. After a few games facing easy opposition yet still coming up with a high error rate we've finally (literally) dropped the ball too much. The next 5 games will really highlight the difference between Bennett and Griffin as coaches IMO.

This loss doesn't hurt as much as I don't seem to have the same level of hatred for Manly as others on here do. I've only been (intensely) following this fine sport since 2011 so at this stage in my NRL following I tend to hate all teams with equal passion :)

Good night fellow BHQ members...

The scum just showed everyone how to beat our style of defense, particularly our left side and the dodgy Glenn/Milford combo... although it must be said there aren't a lot of teams capable of doing it.
Their halves and Lyon were at their very best, they got the bounce of the ball, the rub of the green, etc...

Hopefully this is the loss we needed to have and Wayne is able to get the boys up for the Dogs and back to our best in the run to the finals.

I'm glad that despite everything going against us, we kept trying and didn't hang our heads down.

P.S. Boyd stopped chasing early twice in their runaway tries. Wonder if he's nursing an injury...

The scum just showed everyone how to beat our style of defense, particularly our left side and the dodgy Glenn/Milford combo... although it must be said there aren't a lot of teams capable of doing it.
Their halves and Lyon were at their very best, they got the bounce of the ball, the rub of the green, etc...

Hopefully this is the loss we needed to have and Wayne is able to get the boys up for the Dogs and back to our best in the run to the finals.

I'm glad that despite everything going against us, we kept trying and didn't hang our heads down.

P.S. Boyd stopped chasing early twice in their runaway tries. Wonder if he's nursing an injury...
The good teams, like the good players continue to evolve.

Ugh...

Fingers crossed this is the wake-up call the Broncos needed. As positive as the past few weeks have been, there's been some signs there that the Broncos were slacking off at times and it really came to the fore here.

It was every word under the sun.

Disgraceful, unacceptable, disgusting, Hadley-esque

You name it.

Got to give em a chance to recover but I've got to say, it isn't looking good moving forward.

Ugh...

Fingers crossed this is the wake-up call the Broncos needed. As positive as the past few weeks have been, there's been some signs there that the Broncos were slacking off at times and it really came to the fore here.

It was every word under the sun.

Disgraceful, unacceptable, disgusting, Hadley-esque

You name it.

Got to give em a chance to recover but I've got to say, it isn't looking good moving forward.
"Hadley esque" nicely coined

This is one of those games that we just forget about, have a good rest, and move on. We looked fatigued, and incredibly sluggish right from the get go. Our passes were sloppy, we lacked energy off our line, and at times looked a little disinterested.

We lacked the urgency and trust in the man either side of us in defence, and we weren't working as a unit as we have done so well throughout the rest of the season. Some luck went their way very early and it set the tone for the rest of the match, coupled with the mountain of possession against us and a few dubious calls by the refs, but in the end we didn't turn up with the right attitude.

You could see it was just one of those games that we wouldn't win, and although there aren't many positives to take out of such a performance, it will prove to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise. We needed a loss as we definitely would not have of been able to sustain a winning run for the remainder of the season and into the finals.

Its a lot better this occurred earlier rather than later when we were heading towards the final's series. We can get that out of our system, rest up and re-focus and build towards a strong finish to the rest of the regular season. It was the wake up call we needed to eradicate any sense of complacency to ensure we don't peak too early and instead build towards our best football and time our run so that we peak at the right time - ie. when it matters most, the finals.

Seriously, this was the worst performance I have seen from the broncos since mid last year.
Boyd - back to his effortless Newcastle ways
Kahu - classy, put him at fullback if Boyd is nursing an injury
Hodges - as an individual he is awesome, as a captain he's shit
Reed - he's been made look good all year by his inside, without his inside performing he is NOTHING! Bring Copley in.
Maranta - the best back of tonight has came so far.
Milford - wasn't his night, tried hard and that's it.
Hunt - again, a night to forget.
Wallace - cat in the first half, lion in the second
McC - are you sure you wanna let parcell go Wayne?
Thaiday - again cat in the first half, lion in the second
Gillett - I think Oates should get a starting run next week, I've had enough of Gillett.
Glenn - poor attack, poor defence
Parker - if we had 13 Parkers we would win by 100.

Nikorima - tried to add spark to ashes, can't blame him
Ofa - really impressed, he is our future
Dodds - no impact what so ever
Oates - to all you people who thinks his a winger! He is not! Being a winger is more than barging returns. You must simply catch and hold the ball. But played well in the second half when in the back row.

Speaking of commentators...

Tonight reminded me why I much prefer Vossy as a neutral. :laugh: I can't hack it when he starts 'reffing' our games.

My face when he was blowing up about Hunt's surrender tackle after an obstruction...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/592/my-brain-is-full-of-****.jpg

Active Now

• Morkel
  • maddo
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Jedhead
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.