POST GAME Round 21 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Every genuine contender for the premiership this year has copped a flogging at some stage unfortunately it was our turn tonight.

I never thought I'd say it, but we really missed Blair tonight.

He adds some much needed aggression to our pack.

He is also very good at pressuring the opposition halves. How good would it have been to see him wipe that smug look of DCE's face

We went up against a side that wanted the win more. Players were playing for their future at the club, they were more hungry and they do have some very good players in their side.

We had an off night. It happens.

We'll bounce back next week.

The press conference was hard to watch. Obviously it was right next door to the Manly dressing room...

Last edited:
I must be the only one on here not too worried about the result tonight, for starters Manly played terrific, they would've beaten anyone tonight. We played poorly, specifically the amount of errors and poor 5th tackle options, but it's not the end of the world, we're still in a good spot to win the minor premiership and challenge for the premiership.

We did miss Blair & McGuire a lot tonight, it was very noticeable that our middle of the field defence and runs were much softer than usual.

I like that Milford is constantly trying to get line-breaks and line-break assists, but I don't think it's worth the 3-6 errors he provides or causes every game, he needs to reign it back in considerably.

The only thing more pathetic than how lethargic the team looked last night is how quickly people have used the loss to jump back onto their ridiculous agendas.

To single Macca and Reed out of that clusterfuck is just stupid

That was the kick up the bum we needed to have. Manly just to good last night but it's not the end yet, we'll see how they bounce back against the dogs before I start to worry. Plus it was Saturday night, WTF were the broncs doing playing, felt strange to me hahaha.

All those saying we miss Blair -> we don't miss a player that puts late dog shots on, puts his team under massive pressure from the resulting penalty, puts his team under even more pressure by going on a holiday for two weeks while our best prop is out for the season. Blair can **** off. Wallace is another walking error count/penalty give-awayer. nrl.com missed tackle stats : Hunt 8, Glenn 4, Gillett 4, Macca 3, Reed 3.

Parcell surely needs to come in against the bulldogs. Copley as well. Beyond that, Oates to start. Joffa at least as many minutes as Wallace.

I will withhold judgement on whether this was a damaging game till next week predicated on how they play against the Bulldogs.

I'm loving this season so far but to me we have been slightly overachieving as far as our position on the ladder.
The Chooks and Cowboys look the sides to me followed by Souths then us. This year will probably end up being a great learning curve with a prelim final loss.

Thus endeth the come to us defence strategy.How did it work for so long?

We played terribly and lost.

It's not the end of the world.

All those saying we miss Blair -> we don't miss a player that puts late dog shots on, puts his team under massive pressure from the resulting penalty, puts his team under even more pressure by going on a holiday for two weeks while our best prop is out for the season. Blair can **** off.

Speaking of agendas.. wow, that's right up there with the most invalid one I've seen. He's been one of our best players for the last month and his discipline this year has been far better than what most expected, we missed him out there last night, whether you can see it or not.

All those saying we miss Blair -> we don't miss a player that puts late dog shots on, puts his team under massive pressure from the resulting penalty, puts his team under even more pressure by going on a holiday for two weeks while our best prop is out for the season. Blair can **** off. Wallace is another walking error count/penalty give-awayer. nrl.com missed tackle stats : Hunt 8, Glenn 4, Gillett 4, Macca 3, Reed 3.

Parcell surely needs to come in against the bulldogs. Copley as well. Beyond that, Oates to start. Joffa at least as many minutes as Wallace.

Lol. You know you don't have to change the whole team after a single loss. And we should definitely drop every bronco who's ever suspended. I'm sure we'd be very competitive. Much more than we are now.

Thus endeth the come to us defence strategy.How did it work for so long?

This.

But there's more to explain the performance and most has been already posted here.

I realized today that this team has exceeded all expectations to get to where it is on top of the table: new coach, new young 5/8, still working on combinations etc etc. I forgot about that and expected too much. In hindsight, I am happy with our team and how well we have done and what Bennett has achieved in such a short time.

Expectations are a dangerous thing when not tempered with reality, and last night was the reality check we had to have. Whatever happens from now on, I will at least know that next season, we will have an even better, stronger side. Until then I will just continue to enjoy the footie we play, rant and rave when or if we lose and smile when we win.

But our defensive strategy sucks and Manly exposed its shortcomings.

For the people screaming about how our defensive structure is ruined pull your farking heads in we have a 79% win rate this year and +145 for and against based on this structure. One game does not destroy a whole season just because it suits your agenda to say so. Some of those tries were bullshit 1 in a million type NBA jam style plays. one was a double movement and another a knock on. We played bad tonight but nothing was in our favour, we did well to at least get a few points of our own and get a bit of composer back towards the back end of the game. This place is hilarious at times.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Payneinthehaas
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dexter
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.