Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I'd much rather go into the finals with a loss under our belt than on a 10+ winning streak. However conceding so many points is just pathetic. Last night hopefully gave the players a reality check and should refocus them. But did it have to be against fucking Manly?

As bad as the start was, that effort by Wallace on DCE should have sparked them into action.

Seemingly that appeared to be the case on the next set as the Broncos made good ground. However, the last tackle play led me to believe this was going to be a long night.

What happened was, Hunt put up a giant bomb for Kahu to chase and right as JK got inside the vicinity, he was met by a determined Taufua who got him with his forearm and his body weight to boot.

Not only did it take a 'go-to' play off the table, it gave Manly a weakness as they exposed Corey Oates with a bunch of short-kicks while Kahu was out, giving them opportunities and territory they shouldn't have had.

In fact, in a lot of ways, the game last night was the reverse of the Round 13 clash. If you can remember, the Manly back three had a shocker defusing kicks. This time, the likes of Boyd, Maranta & Oates all struggled.

Unfortunately i missed this game but I'm kind of glad i did. I'd hope to not be feeling as negative as the lot of you.

It's not the end of the world and like wayne said, we just didn't show up with the right attitude. Can happen.

I said in the pregame how much we'd miss Blair. He's been a native success especially since we're not really paying him. . Wow. We'll miss him again next week.

From just watching the highlights, manly were smart to expose our idea of "boyd being an extra man in the D line". Perfectly executed DCE grubbers really put a whole in that concept. Vet smart. We'll work that out and get better.

Everyone who's now jumping on reed and macca need to shut the f up. Clear agenda riding.

We are still a great threat now more than ever come finals.

All those saying we miss Blair -> we don't miss a player that puts late dog shots on, puts his team under massive pressure from the resulting penalty, puts his team under even more pressure by going on a holiday for two weeks while our best prop is out for the season. Blair can **** off. Wallace is another walking error count/penalty give-awayer. nrl.com missed tackle stats : Hunt 8, Glenn 4, Gillett 4, Macca 3, Reed 3.

Parcell surely needs to come in against the bulldogs. Copley as well. Beyond that, Oates to start. Joffa at least as many minutes as Wallace.

Looks like you're well mad about Blair.

Either he's shit, so his suspension is a good thing, or he's good so we miss him. You can't have it both ways.

Geez......so that's it for the season is it?

FMD, the reality is, it's one loss.

To be fair, it is understandable why fans are writing off the season.

The late season fade out has been an issue in the past.

But I'm not too worried. Broncos have been a bit off their game the past few weeks and I think this loss will fire them up.

To be fair, it is understandable why fans are writing off the season.

The late season fade out has been an issue in the past.

But I'm not too worried. Broncos have been a bit off their game the past few weeks and I think this loss will fire them up.

Not really. . It's usually the Origin period but ok

There were about 4 fluke trys last night and one maybe two length of the field of dropped balls! It was a case of Murphy's Law last night!

It is just one loss and not the end of the world. But it does identify some things. Like standing flat and letting the attack come to you...you can't say "it's just one loss" here, because if it failed against Manly, it could easily fail against other teams too.

It is just one loss and not the end of the world. But it does identify some things. Like standing flat and letting the attack come to you...you can't say "it's just one loss" here, because if it failed against Manly, it could easily fail against other teams too.
Not sure that's true... Manly is one of the few teams with the players (especially halves and backline) capable of putting our style to the sword. Storm would be another one, with a healthy Slater and Cronk, and Cowboys with Thurston, Morgan and Coote, but not much else...

The Roosters don't have the halves those teams do, but Ferguson, Jennings, RTS etc are too dangerous to allow them to get that close to our line.

I haven't been a big fan of the "sit back on our heels" defence strategy all year.....but hey, it was working ...what do I know.

More concerning is that last night, it wasn't working and we did **** all to change it.

Dead set that one hurt, they didn't even use any lube.

There's no one player to blame for the loss, the entire team looked like they had the flu while Manly were just having an absolute blinder. I swear Jamie Lyon could've stuck his hand down a porta-potty and pulled out a diamond ring while our entire team could've fallen into a bucket of titties and come out sucking their thumbs.

I wouldn't be too worried about it happening again unless we make a habit of preparing for games by smashing mirrors under ladders in front of black cats.

I wouldn't be too worried about it happening again unless we make a habit of preparing for games by smashing mirrors under ladders in front of black cats.

Broncos social media dept. are missing a trick here :laugh:

I never thought I'd say it, but we really missed Blair tonight.

He adds some much needed aggression to our pack.

He is also very good at pressuring the opposition halves. How good would it have been to see him wipe that smug look of DCE's face

This. Blair's importance to our team can't be quantified in terms of how well we seem to play. It's in how well our opposition seem to play. Diligence at marker, communication in defence, and as you said, pressuring the playmakers, is his contribution. Without him, Manly, albeit with nothing to lose, looked like comp favourites.

Mentally so glad that this particular game was this week - I was at a wedding and missed the whole thing. Had a couple of people come up at halftime and say it was 20-0..

The highlights show me a red-hot, emotion charged Manly side scoring at least 4 all arse, typical Jamie Lyon tries before we even opened our eyes. Then Mateo scores a no try and it's 30 point ball game. It's not the "back to the drawing board" that a few are talking about here.

Seems much more like "the loss we had to have". At 32-8 (if Parker kicks the conversions its 32-12) and if Milford scores it's then 32-18 with 22 to go. I'd back us in from there.

Write it off. Move on. Big test for the forwards next week v Bulldogs. Confident that Bennett can turn them around. He knew they were flat, it wasn't unexpected for him which is a relief.

This. Blair's importance to our team can't be quantified in terms of how well we seem to play. It's in how well our opposition seem to play. Diligence at marker, communication in defence, and as you said, pressuring the playmakers, is his contribution. Without him, Manly, albeit with nothing to lose, looked like comp favourites.

BUT HE DOESN'T DO HIT UPS AND SCORE TRYZ

yeah we were pretty shit but it was just one of those games really, I don't think we'll dwell too much on the result, probably just individually analyze a few things and that'll be that.

you can't be 100% on your game every week, it happens, you move on.

All those saying we miss Blair -> we don't miss a player that puts late dog shots on, puts his team under massive pressure from the resulting penalty, puts his team under even more pressure by going on a holiday for two weeks while our best prop is out for the season. Blair can **** off. Wallace is another walking error count/penalty give-awayer. nrl.com missed tackle stats : Hunt 8, Glenn 4, Gillett 4, Macca 3, Reed 3.

Parcell surely needs to come in against the bulldogs. Copley as well. Beyond that, Oates to start. Joffa at least as many minutes as Wallace.

L0L, Parcell isn't allowed to play due to the second tier salary cap, copley is a lost cause this season, he needs to regroup and come back bigger and better next year. We seem to thrive with Oates coming off the bench, and Wallace has the potential to be as good as McGuire, just needs a bit more confidence in his game, scored some good tries lately running hard nice lines.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.