[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Every fan thinks their team is getting dudded by the refs. It's the fan syndrome. And there's even the odd coach who carries on like a dickhead every time he loses. How much respect does anyone give him for that?

I think the fan's of a club with the coach who comes up throwing barbs in the presser has the respect of the fans as he is probably saying exactly what they are thinking

If you're an opposition fan you think he's a piece of shit

I think the fan's of a club with the coach who comes up throwing barbs in the presser has the respect of the fans as he is probably saying exactly what they are thinking

If you're an opposition fan you think he's a piece of shit

Also depends who said coach is. If Bellyache was ever to cry about the refs post game I'd laugh in his face. There are some teams which, for whatever reason, seem to get away with that which others don't.

I had a chuckle today when I realised that we're still not the Cowgirls getting knocked out of the finals two years running by dodgy decisions (the hand of god and I forget what happened the next year). Coupled with the fact they're not likely to be making the finals again anytime soon!

The Gillette ‘trip’ getting scores level and losing in extra time

Also depends who said coach is. If Bellyache was ever to cry about the refs post game I'd laugh in his face. There are some teams which, for whatever reason, seem to get away with that which others don't.

I had a chuckle today when I realised that we're still not the Cowgirls getting knocked out of the finals two years running by dodgy decisions (the hand of god and I forget what happened the next year). Coupled with the fact they're not likely to be making the finals again anytime soon!
They will forever have us covered.

Seven tackle set iirc

Tallis brought up the Captain's Challenge on Triple M.

Kent flat-batted it 'rules are rules' and explained that there was a quirk which allowed them to go all the way back to the previous play the ball. Didn't necessarily defend the rule or the bunker's jurisdiction but explained that's just how the game is officiated.

No mention that you can't challenge an act of foul play.

I'm just keeping a note of this since the media has a strange relationship with the Broncos.

It’s still full of NSWRL vitriol, probably even from before Super League as we were winning comps back-to-back.

There’s a lot of ‘oh well the Broncos got jipped. Who cares it’s the Broncos’ (particularly as we suck atm), along with all these thoughts of us having all the advantages in the world, which is true to an extent, as has been shown we get cherry-picked by other teams and the only response is ‘how did they let player x walk away?’

You can hear it in every commentator’s voice that they don’t want us to win, and every journo knows slamming us gets the clicks and sells papers.

The amount of shadenfreude directed at Brisbane is unparalleled. I do believe we are the most hated club. However we still get the rough end of the draw because we rule the TVs in SEQ. Perhaps we even rate just as well when we suck because people are loving seeing a score put on us.

Even another SEQ team wouldn’t change anything, in fact it’s make it worse as the NRL would have a new golden child that is a direct competitor to Brisbane. They’ll hand them a premiership inside the first two seasons, no doubt about it.

Michael Ennis is so angry he can’t even talk about it. The big league wrap unanimously think the broncos were robbed.
even hooper. Wonders never cease.
I was just coming here to post this.
Was great to see how disgusted they all were with that call.
Not one of them defended it and all were unanimous it was a terrible decision.

I hate how Klien/Perenara walk away without any kind of reprimand from this.

Like...Hooper...said something...that should be...common sense? League really is dead and buried.

Such a stark difference from ch9 where Fittler (Former Rooster), Gallen and Moylan said diddly squat about the episode.

Frikkin outrageous that the main broadcaster sees shit like that as fit for purpose.

League for me died another wee bit on Friday night with that abortion of a refereeing decision.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ffs...
  • BooKhaki
  • Ondi
  • Galah
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Mustafur
  • Maroon4life
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.