[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Such a stark difference from ch9 where Fittler (Former Rooster), Gallen and Moylan said diddly squat about the episode.

Frikkin outrageous that the main broadcaster sees shit like that as fit for purpose.

League for me died another wee bit on Friday night with that abortion of a refereeing decision.
Trust me Fox was worse, this was a review with a different team, in the game they had Anasta and Cronk licking Roosters balls all game if they are going to have these shit panels at least split up who is on especially if 2 of them played for one of the teams it was unbearable to listen to.

Great to see the Fox guys digging in. Their site still needs some adjustment though given the articles about some of the other games today.

The Sharks "should be filthy" after a "horrendous call duds" them. "Horrendous call costs Sharks a win" the videoclip screams. Yet watching it, the ref is screaming "HELD, HELD, HELD" long before they push him back ingoal.

Now, I don't agree with the decision, I'm with the talking heads, there was always momentum in the tackle and his feet didn't leave the ground so that's fair game. I also agree there's a lot of inconsistency around this particularly when sidelines and in-goal lines are in play.

HOWEVER - the ref's call was clearly audible, multiple times, yet they went on with the tackle - like it or not, that's a penalty every day of the week, they didn't leave the ref any choice. AND, there was still 10 minutes to play. Compared to the effort on Friday night, referring something which could not be referred under the rules, which actually did influence the result as it changed the lead with what, 2 minutes on the clock?

Yet we don't get an article shouting "DUDDED" from the rooftops like the Sharkies, oh no. We get "Teddy’s terrific challenge clinches craziest win of the year" and "Radley slapped with BIG ban after penalties mar Roosters’ win in Broncos ‘drama-fest’". Articles about how great the Roosters were or how tough it will be for them without Radley. Sweet **** all about a Broncos squad sitting 15th who probably fielded a team worth the same or less as the Roosters. Featuring comments like: “What’s Radley supposed to do?” and "This got worse the further it went on, but you can’t avoid that...he has to try and tackle him there" from the illustrious Braith Anasta.

Fucking spare me, the agenda is out of control. **** the NSWRL.

Trust me Fox was worse, this was a review with a different team, in the game they had Anasta and Cronk licking Roosters balls all game.
Another two that I don’t give a tinkers cuss about their ‘opinions’.

Great to see the Fox guys digging in. Their site still needs some adjustment though given the articles about some of the other games today.

The Sharks "should be filthy" after a "horrendous call duds" them. "Horrendous call costs Sharks a win" the videoclip screams. Yet watching it, the ref is screaming "HELD, HELD, HELD" long before they push him back ingoal.

Now, I don't agree with the decision, I'm with the talking heads, there was always momentum in the tackle and his feet didn't leave the ground so that's fair game. I also agree there's a lot of inconsistency around this particularly when sidelines and in-goal lines are in play.

HOWEVER - the ref's call was clearly audible, multiple times, yet they went on with the tackle - like it or not, that's a penalty every day of the week, they didn't leave the ref any choice. AND, there was still 10 minutes to play. Compared to the effort on Friday night, referring something which could not be referred under the rules, which actually did influence the result as it changed the lead with what, 2 minutes on the clock?

Yet we don't get an article shouting "DUDDED" from the rooftops like the Sharkies, oh no. We get "Teddy’s terrific challenge clinches craziest win of the year" and "Radley slapped with BIG ban after penalties mar Roosters’ win in Broncos ‘drama-fest’". Articles about how great the Roosters were or how tough it will be for them without Radley. Sweet **** all about a Broncos squad sitting 15th who probably fielded a team worth the same or less as the Roosters. Featuring comments like: “What’s Radley supposed to do?” and "This got worse the further it went on, but you can’t avoid that...he has to try and tackle him there" from the illustrious Braith Anasta.

This is the shit that hurts the most.

Did I read it properly? Flegler didnt even get a citation for that 'head high' tackle, not even a fine?

Did I read it properly? Flegler didnt even get a citation for that 'head high' tackle, not even a fine?

you read it correctly ...

he also didn't get charged after being put on report for leading with the arm (which im pretty sure is what his most recent suspension was for)

If you can stomach it, just watch Annersley's media briefing tomorrow.

he'll talk about the Sharks being dudded far longer than the incident in our game (Actually he'll probably talk about the Radley one for a while). He'll ignore the fact that this decision came of the back of a captain's challenge that the Roosters were not permitted to make under the NRL's own rules. (because no-one in the media has brought it up)

Actually, FWIW, i do think that Perenara did know that couldn't be challenged, because he pretty much cleared everything straight to the play the ball drop. only to be told by Klein to go back and check the contact.

you read it correctly ...

he also didn't get charged after being put on report for leading with the arm (which im pretty sure is what his most recent suspension was for)

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

So there was like 4 games this weekend decided by multiple penalty goals. What is this, rugby union?

I dont want to be too critical of the bloke, because he is young and still learning but what i noticed about our backline movements was that the play either died with nui, or the centres (who had no room from the defensive line to work with). This appears to be because when he does the 'sweep' play, he stands too shallow so doesn't have time to pass it to the outside men, or he tries to beat the defender marking him and force an overlap. If he doesn't beat his man he only then passes it leaving the centre and winger with no room.

In addition to watching the game, this can also be seen in the stats. Even though we predominantly attacked the right cobbo and coates had very few metres which to me suggests they saw very little of the ball. Mead and oates got theirs from regular hit ups (which cobbo and coates didn't do as often).

Like I said, he will probably learn in time. If I was in the club, if I could not get slater on regular staff, I would employ him for a minimum of 2 months to work with nui, cobbo or other fullback options in the off season. He could teach our fullback prospects the skills to be elite (given the core skills of some of them, this could be possible).

In know he played for the storm but if it improves our players now, Slater has shown himself to be a great mentor to other young players/fullbacks in the storm and elevate their games; munster, hughes, drinkwater, papenhuyzen and hynes. I hope this is looked into.

If you can stomach it, just watch Annersley's media briefing tomorrow.

he'll talk about the Sharks being dudded far longer than the incident in our game (Actually he'll probably talk about the Radley one for a while). He'll ignore the fact that this decision came of the back of a captain's challenge that the Roosters were not permitted to make under the NRL's own rules. (because no-one in the media has brought it up)

Actually, FWIW, i do think that Perenara did know that couldn't be challenged, because he pretty much cleared everything straight to the play the ball drop. only to be told by Klein to go back and check the contact.
Annesley will announce that after reviewing the game, he and the MRC have petitioned PVL and as a result, Flegler will be made to serve Radleys suspension on his behalf.

I dont want to be too critical of the bloke, because he is young and still learning but what i noticed about our backline movements was that the play either died with nui, or the centres (who had no room from the defensive line to work with). This appears to be because when he does the 'sweep' play, he stands too shallow so doesn't have time to pass it to the outside men, or he tries to beat the defender marking him and force an overlap. If he doesn't beat his man he only then passes it leaving the centre and winger with no room.

In addition to watching the game, this can also be seen in the stats. Even though we predominantly attacked the right cobbo and coates had very few metres which to me suggests they saw very little of the ball. Mead and oates got theirs from regular hit ups (which cobbo and coates didn't do as often).

Like I said, he will probably learn in time. If I was in the club, if I could not get slater on regular staff, I would employ him for a minimum of 2 months to work with nui, cobbo or other fullback options in the off season. He could teach our fullback prospects the skills to be elite (given the core skills of some of them, this could be possible).

In know he played for the storm but if it improves our players now, Slater has shown himself to be a great mentor to other young players/fullbacks in the storm and elevate their games; munster, hughes, drinkwater, papenhuyzen and hynes. I hope this is looked into.
I like something Cronk said last night about Dearden. Instead of getting in a rut and trying to do everything, pick a couple of things you do well and concentrate on them. Then slowly add more skills to your kitbag. Probably something Tesi needs to take on board.

Totally agree
Slater would be great to get in to mentor the boys but if he's employed by the storm (not sure if he is) I doubt they would let that happen.
We also have 3 former fullbacks that weren't to bad in lockyer Hunt and Boyd.

As per usual, no mention on 9 about the Flegler rubbish and Johns rambling on about one of his mancrushes should not be penalised for his dangerous contact on Kelly:

I really loved James Graham's question - Who are we targeting this game towards? Who are we trying to please? This current mess is not catering to fans of rugby league, no one wants to see the mess this comp has become.

As per usual, no mention on 9 about the Flegler rubbish and Johns rambling on about one of his mancrushes should not be penalised for his dangerous contact on Kelly:

I really loved James Graham's question - Who are we targeting this game towards? Who are we trying to please? This current mess is not catering to fans of rugby league, no one wants to see the mess this comp has become.

So the drugged up immortal sees nothing wrong with a player almost being crippled while attempting to kick a fg? If is was Newcastle’s half back or Rooster’s half back him, Cronk and Fittler would be screaming for the offender to wiped for months and would bleat on about our little guys needing protection.

But because it was Broncos they don’t give a toss. That much is plainly obvious.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Bish
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brocko
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.