[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

I think Milford has fallen that far down the pecking order that he was probably on to keep things as simple as possible to not disrupt the team. Just back up, run hard and make your tackles. As usual though, he just coasted and basically did nothing as you've said.
There's just no way you don't utilize the only thing he's good at anymore. How would putting up a bomb disrupt anything any more than having your other half off injured already has?

I think Milford has fallen that far down the pecking order that he was probably on to keep things as simple as possible to not disrupt the team. Just back up, run hard and make your tackles. As usual though, he just coasted and basically did nothing as you've said.
Milford played no small part in that terrible Kennedy drop ball too.

Not excusing Kennedy but it was a lazy pass that hit Kennedy on the hip and you can tell by the positioning of everyone that the right option was to just take a lazy dummy half run and hold onto the ball/succumb to the tackle

I was, and still am an Ashton fan.
Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

Do you think the Kennedy mistake was exaggerated? Because Huge believes it didn't contribute to the loss.
Once again I do not believe that he has necessarily said that. He more focussed on the actual direct cause of the loss, being Flegler giving away a penalty for a high shot.

In my view Kennedy's drop did contribute to the loss, as did about six to eight other failings/errors by him or his team mates. Every loss is a team loss, there will be multiple contributions and contributors.

Once again I do not believe that he has necessarily said that. He more focussed on the actual direct cause of the loss, being Flegler giving away a penalty for a high shot.

In my view Kennedy's drop did contribute to the loss, as did about six to eight other failings/errors by him or his team mates. Every loss is a team loss, there will be multiple contributions and contributors.

But it was wet and he tried to catch it just a little bit too sweetly.

Not excusing Kennedy but it was a lazy pass that hit Kennedy on the hip and you can tell by the positioning of everyone that the right option was to just take a lazy dummy half run and hold onto the ball/succumb to the tackle
The problem was the pass went directly to Kennedy instead of infront squaring Rhys up. Still the passing zone was fine (it was chest area), Kennedy should have kept his eyes on the footy.

The pass was on, Kennedy was set for it and the Broncos would want to centre the ball for the set.

Still wasn't the best performance from Milford. He had a couple of nice touches, including one where he turned a terrible pass from Kelly into a half-break. However him getting caught up in the ruck for the Taukeiaho try and his terrible kick to Copley just tipped the scales against him.

The problem was the pass went directly to Kennedy instead of infront squaring Rhys up. Still the passing zone was fine (it was chest area), Kennedy should have kept his eyes on the footy.

The pass was on, Kennedy was set for it and the Broncos would want to centre the ball for the set.

Still wasn't the best performance from Milford. He had a couple of nice touches, including one where he turned a terrible pass from Kelly into a half-break. However him getting caught up in the ruck for the Taukeiaho try and his terrible kick to Copley just tipped the scales against him.
Yeah Kennedy definitely should have held onto it. I’ve already had my whinge about that - just pointing out it was fairly average from Milf too.

Yeah Kennedy definitely should have held onto it. I’ve already had my whinge about that - just pointing out it was fairly average from Milf too.
Not the best pass, but it wasn't as bad as you described it either which is why I piped up.

Also thought you were being harsh on Glenn too. Actually thought he was one of the Broncos best and while he had the benefit of lining up against Walker he was strong on both sides of the ball. Produced a turn over, came up with back to back try saving efforts and followed up Oates/Meads' efforts nicely.

Fans have been quick to put the boot into him but credit where it's due.

Not the best pass, but it wasn't as bad as you described it either which is why I piped up.

Also thought you were being harsh on Glenn too. Actually thought he was one of the Broncos best and while he had the benefit of lining up against Walker he was strong on both sides of the ball. Produced a turn over, came up with back to back try saving efforts and followed up Oates/Meads' efforts nicely.

Fans have been quick to put the boot into him but credit where it's due.
Thanks for keeping me honest, Pete. Lexi has been far improved. Fairly well handled by Walker once or twice and I felt he could’ve done more to prevent the try where Kelly got ran over. Definitely much better than earlier in the year though.

Thanks for keeping my honest, Pete. Lexi has been far improved. Fairly well handled by Walker once or twice and I felt he could’ve done more to prevent the try where Kelly got ran over. Definitely much better than earlier in the year though.
I watched the game intently and noticed Walker was leaving well before the ball had cleared the ruck. In fact if you watch the Roosters closely a lot of them are leaving when the ball is being planted on the ground and not actually played. So Walker often had momentum in the tackle.

Conversly if you watch the Liu try again, Kelly for whatever reason starts inside the in-goal and doesn't push out until the ball is played. Glenn could have pushed over, but he was involved in the tackle. It's one of those cases where Niu should have got Hetherington or whoever was defending on the otherside to push across.

I thought it was a really smart play from the Roosters to isolate Kelly. Turn it back inside with Manu to get a quick play the ball and keep a prop forward down the blind to target Kelly one on one.

Strangely I thought Kelly's defence was one of his better aspects in an otherwise dusty performance. I have no idea what happened to his kicking game, he was landing them on the 10m line consistently in that opening trial.

You'd be a great father figure to have, you get behind a player and that's it.. thick or thin, regardless of what the facts are you back them to the hill.

Both Isaako and Kennedy have been very very ordinary, the only one on here who doesn't see it is you, do you listen to the games on the radio or something? Either Isaako or Kennedy could shoot a bloke in the head, the guy could fall dead on the spot and you'd say something like "it wasn't a real gun", unbelievable.

It's actually a waste of my time debating the facts of the matter because you obviously don't watch the games and you obviously rely on stat sheets to backup your claims, it was Ashton Sims v2.0. Let me guess, he was one of the greats too, right?
This is why conversation is pointless with you. Your last line, when have I ever described RK as 'a great'?

If you'd leave out the petty point scoring and blatant misrepresentation things would be different. There's enough negative ***** in this world, I'm not going to add one more. Yes, I'm labrador loyal but think I lay blame when necessary too.

Looking at the Kennedy drop from another perspective. Lets call it the football gods perspective.

When was the last time Brisbane had a favour like that given to us? A situation where the game is pretty much done and dusted and the opposition drops the ball stone cold and follows up with a penalty pretty much in front of the sticks.

I swear to god one of these days we will be on the right end of a non controversial plain and simple opposition error that hands us the game.

Looking at the Kennedy drop from another perspective. Lets call it the football gods perspective.

When was the last time Brisbane had a favour like that given to us? A situation where the game is pretty much done and dusted and the opposition drops the ball stone cold and follows up with a penalty pretty much in front of the sticks.

I swear to god one of these days we will be on the right end of a non controversial plain and simple opposition error that hands us the game.
Tigers offside at marker in overtime about three years ago. It’s the only one I can think of.

Yes yes yes yes. I said that as well. I also said RK fucked it up but made allowance for the facts on the night. It was wet, it was a poor pass, Kennedy was in an unexpected second stint, Milford with his experience should have just done as you suggested. Next ptb RK could have simply done the same until our game manager or captain took charge of the area.

Finally Flegler could have not gone high. Sure Milford and Kennedy contributed to the loss, in fact you could argue that every single error and missed tackle led up to the loss. I just find it hard to blame just one person or mistake for the loss.

So here's an interesting article. I mean, if refs are using 6-again calls to even up matches (subconsciously or consciously), what else are they guilty of?

So here's an interesting article. I mean, if refs are using 6-again calls to even up matches (subconsciously or consciously), what else are they guilty of?

Also, if they are being used to even up games...why aren't they evening up? The amount of blowouts this season is ridiculous.

An excellent read, Roy Masters is a gem of a journalist.

Just further proof V'landal is channeling his inner Vince McMahon.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mighty Bronx
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.