[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Interesting observations from Sterlo as usual, the one guy on 9 I don't mind listening to:

If levi is to improve his defence he has to realise that he cannot 'catch and wrestle' with the middle forwards which outweigh him by at least 20 kg.

Turpin has realised this and goes into most tackles with his shoulder at waist height. He has been cutting people in half and it is really the best way for a smaller defender to tackle in the middle.

Cameron Smith could and some stronger hookers can do the 'catch and wrestle' but I think levi needs to adapt.

The Glenn meme is real btw. He was getting bootlaced by the tiny Walker all night. Stark contrast to TPJ giving him nightmares.

Ben Hunt didn’t cost us the game
Legit though. The whole team lost the game. The idiots were doing slow down plays with minutes on the clock. Could see the Cowboys try coming. As soon as that happened we may as well and did hand the win to the Cowboys as we had no one that can kick a field goal. I find it amazing that Hunt avoids kicking a field goal as his drop outs are more than decent. His coach\s should be correcting that years ago.

Legit though. The whole team lost the game. The idiots were doing slow down plays with minutes on the clock. Could see the Cowboys try coming. As soon as that happened we may as well and did hand the win to the Cowboys as we had no one that can kick a field goal. I find it amazing that Hunt avoids kicking a field goal as his drop outs are more than decent. His coach\s should be correcting that years ago.
Milford has kicked around 20 field goals, IIRC.

3 in 2015 (more than i remember) but while they were good practice they weren't clutch plays:
Round 11 31-18 with a field goal to finish the game.
Round 25 47-12
PF 31-12
The only 2015 play to win in extra time was Hunt running in to score instead of setting up for a field goal:

Imo goal kicking should be coached and there need's to be more than one person capable. Melb have (at least ) 4.

Thought I'd just check to see how many errors Kennedy actually makes. He's had ONE error, yes one (1) in the last four games according to Nrl stats. So, what and where are these imaginary errors?

You'd be a great father figure to have, you get behind a player and that's it.. thick or thin, regardless of what the facts are you back them to the hill.

Both Isaako and Kennedy have been very very ordinary, the only one on here who doesn't see it is you, do you listen to the games on the radio or something? Either Isaako or Kennedy could shoot a bloke in the head, the guy could fall dead on the spot and you'd say something like "it wasn't a real gun", unbelievable.

It's actually a waste of my time debating the facts of the matter because you obviously don't watch the games and you obviously rely on stat sheets to backup your claims, it was Ashton Sims v2.0. Let me guess, he was one of the greats too, right?

You'd be a great father figure to have, you get behind a player and that's it.. thick or thin, regardless of what the facts are you back them to the hill.

Both Isaako and Kennedy have been very very ordinary, the only one on here who doesn't see it is you, do you listen to the games on the radio or something? Either Isaako or Kennedy could shoot a bloke in the head, the guy could fall dead on the spot and you'd say something like "it wasn't a real gun", unbelievable.

It's actually a waste of my time debating the facts of the matter because you obviously don't watch the games and you obviously rely on stat sheets to backup your claims, it was Ashton Sims v2.0. Let me guess, he was one of the greats too, right?
You don't get it, he is more than prepared to acknowledge when the players **** up. What gets his back up when a player is singled out and the mistakes are exaggerated.

The Glenn meme is real btw. He was getting bootlaced by the tiny Walker all night. Stark contrast to TPJ giving him nightmares.
Happens every single week with every single halfback.

I was, and still am an Ashton fan. He was a good player. But that drop...I just choose not to discuss it, even worse being at the game next to a mate who always hated him.

I don't understand why he came on and avoided the ball on the last. The only thing he has done well in recent years is put up good bombs, but we stuck with Kelly putting his low up and under type kicks, achieving nothing. It would be poor of Walters to tell Milford to avoid kicking on the last, so I don't believe that was the plan at all. Milford was avoiding hard work, like usual.

You don't get it, he is more than prepared to acknowledge when the players **** up. What gets his back up when a player is singled out and the mistakes are exaggerated.
Do you think the Kennedy mistake was exaggerated? Because Huge believes it didn't contribute to the loss.

I don't understand why he came on and avoided the ball on the last. The only thing he has done well in recent years is put up good bombs, but we stuck with Kelly putting his low up and under type kicks, achieving nothing. It would be poor of Walters to tell Milford to avoid kicking on the last, so I don't believe that was the plan at all. Milford was avoiding hard work, like usual.
You seriously belive he was avoiding the "hard work" of throwing up a bomb? It was clearly instructed for Kelly to do the kicking.

I think Milford has fallen that far down the pecking order that he was probably on to keep things as simple as possible to not disrupt the team. Just back up, run hard and make your tackles. As usual though, he just coasted and basically did nothing as you've said.

You seriously belive he was avoiding the "hard work" of throwing up a bomb? It was clearly instructed for Kelly to do the kicking.
Well he has form. Took him a while to even bother getting his hands on the ball. Instructing the one half left on the field would be terrible coaching and while Walters has his deficiencies, anyone who has ever coached would know that would be stupid. You'd 100% want Milford kicking if he's on the field playing in the halves.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Thelmus
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Allo
  • the_next
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.