[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
To get off the negativity for a sec, Willison, Robati, Riki and Cobbo have me excited for the next few seasons of footy.
They have all the ingredients needed for a stellar group of players, and just need some gametime to refine their craft.
Tend to agree. Cobbo was pretty damn good. Riki needs to .ift his game a bit though. The effort from him and Levi was truly pathetic. Willison and TC look likely, hey? All four definitely seem to have solid futures.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Tend to agree. Cobbo was pretty damn good. Riki needs to .ift his game a bit though. The effort from him and Levi was truly pathetic. Willison and TC look likely, hey? All four definitely seem to have solid futures.

If you are wanting to be fair though, you should your apply your own logic to Riki. You keep saying Kennedy shouldn't be hung out to dry for his costly error but at the same time you want to crucify RIki for his one.

I'm not blaming the loss on Kennedy either just so we are clear but it was a crucial error at a crucial time, just as Riki's was.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Nope, he has been shit. You can pretend an error is just an error, but his was a game losing error. You can compare his missed tackles to other players missed tackles on a stats sheet and ignore his have led to linebreaks up the middle and tries. You can blame the weather and his salary as much as you like, you can also start your whataboutism crap, it doesn't matter.

He dropped the ball that kept us in our end which resulted in us losing the game. The fact you need to bring in so many excuses and reasons for his errors shows how shit he is. At his absolute best, purple patch career best form, he was a serviceable bench prop.
No, the game wasn't over when Kennedy dropped the pass. It was however effectively over when Flegler gave away yet another head high penalty so it was Flegler who cost us the game. When you compare the results of the two actions one, Kennedy's had no bearing on the game, certainly not any more than say a kickoff out on the full had a bearing. What was the direct result of HeadHigh Flegler's action? Correct, loss of game. All other circumstances simply led to the moment. Flegler, 100% was the single and immediate reason we lost.

You want to lump the loss on Kennedy because you were wrong about him and most can see your humiliation.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020

Jump to the 4min mark and let me know what you think of a fresh Kennedy defensive effort.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If you are wanting to be fair though, you should your apply your own logic to Riki. You keep saying Kennedy shouldn't be hung out to dry for his costly error but at the same time you want to crucify RIki for his one.

I'm not blaming the loss on Kennedy either just so we are clear but it was a crucial error at a crucial time, just as Riki's was.
No, not really and yes, I was being reactionary about Riki and Levi. My bad there. I really don't think it was a single incident that cost us the match. I think it was pitiful captaincy and very very poor management of the last 10-15 minutes of the match (particularly poorly managed last three minutes)

In the past Lockyer would have put his stamp on the game and controlled us.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
No, not really and yes, I was being reactionary about Riki and Levi. My bad there. I really don't think it was a single incident that cost us the match. I think it was pitiful captaincy and very very poor management of the last 10-15 minutes of the match (particularly poorly managed last three minutes)

In the past Lockyer would have put his stamp on the game and controlled us.

Yep agree with all that and to be honest, I don't mind it because this season is gone but these lessons will be invaluable for the side moving forward, lessons to not miss that one tackle, not drop that one ball when the game is on the line, not provide any reason whatsoever to be screwed by a ref at a critical moment but also, that this side has what it takes and eventually, those moments will also go for them as opposed to against them if they heed these lessons.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Jump to the 4min mark and let me know what you think of a fresh Kennedy defensive effort.
He wasn't really involved was he though. He'd been called offside so couldn't make a tackle could he? Second point, it was one of the rugby league world's best backs who stepped him, hardly surprising.

I suppose you think he should have given the ref a reason for a six again or a penalty. What happens if he does and they still score? You, like a bitch will start screaming, Fucking Kennedy, why did he give away six, why did he give a penalty?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yep agree with all that and to be honest, I don't mind it because this season is gone but these lessons will be invaluable for the side moving forward, lessons to not miss that one tackle, not drop that one ball when the game is on the line, not provide any reason whatsoever to be screwed by a ref at a critical moment but also, that this side has what it takes and eventually, those moments will also go for them as opposed to against them if they heed these lessons.
Well said. I just feel outraged when blokes in the team consistently **** up yet it is ignored. Coates had three glaring errors, one which led to a try, Riki missed 5 tackles! Like if we are serious just look at efforts of Riki and Kennedy.

Riki: 80 mins. 74m, 25 pcm, 2tb, 33t, 5 mt, 0 error.
Kennedy: 40 mins. 77m, 31 pcm, 3tb, 34t, 2 mt, 1 error.

Kennedy outworked Riki in half the minutes.

Considering how little we pay for Kennedy I'd say he more than measures up.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Well said. I just feel outraged when blokes in the team consistently **** up yet it is ignored. Coates had three glaring errors, one which led to a try, Riki missed 5 tackles! Like if we are serious just look at efforts of Riki and Kennedy.

Riki: 80 mins. 74m, 25 pcm, 2tb, 33t, 5 mt, 0 error.
Kennedy: 40 mins. 77m, 31 pcm, 3tb, 34t, 2 mt, 1 error.

Kennedy outworked Riki in half the minutes.

Considering how little we pay for Kennedy I'd say he more than measures up.
Ignored?? Everyone endlessly bags Coates and his errors. Riki copped heaps of criticism about his flaws mid season.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ignored?? Everyone endlessly bags Coates and his errors. Riki copped heaps of criticism about his flaws mid season.
I'll give you an example of deliberate and wilful blind eye action. Last week Haas was bungled into touch on play one. The worlds best frontrower, 10+ metres in from touch on the wrong side of Bronco territory is simply pushed over the sideline.

Guess how many times that was discussed on here?

Now imagine if it was say, Flegler or Kennedy.

Yes, Coates cops a lot on here but I didn't mean him. There's plenty that are making regular mistakes but Kennedy isn't one. He's hardly made a mistake. One in the last four games.

Riki has missed 10 tackles in the last two games. He was good in the game prior to that.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Annesley didn’t even address the challenge, just said it was a high shot & bunker had to penalise.
Well that's a lie... bunker only have to rule on it if it's a reportable offence.

The official play by play on NRL.com indicates that Tupouniua's interchange after the incident was HIA and not a free on for reportable, therefore the high contact wasn't sufficient enough to warrant being put on report. Combine that with the fact that you cannot challenge that a high shot was missed means that the officials royally fucked up and dont even know the rules ie. the number 1 fucking criteria required by a referee

20210816 190617

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
At least the chat about the forward pass a few weeks back was amusing; Kennedy just had a shocker and I’m sure he’ll learn from it

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'll give you an example of deliberate and wilful blind eye action. Last week Haas was bungled into touch on play one. The worlds best frontrower, 10+ metres in from touch on the wrong side of Bronco territory is simply pushed over the sideline.

Guess how many times that was discussed on here?

Now imagine if it was say, Flegler or Kennedy.

Yes, Coates cops a lot on here but I didn't mean him. There's plenty that are making regular mistakes but Kennedy isn't one. He's hardly made a mistake. One in the last four games.

Riki has missed 10 tackles in the last two games. He was good in the game prior to that.
Haas has a fair bit of credit in the bank, maybe because he’s had about 45 elite games in a row but that aside it was mentioned. It just didn’t go for 8 pages because you weren’t trying to pointlessly defend him like you do the shitter players.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Haas has a fair bit of credit in the bank, maybe because he’s had about 45 elite games in a row but that aside it was mentioned. It just didn’t go for 8 pages because you weren’t trying to pointlessly defend him like you do the shitter players.
Point completely missed. As normal.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
What was your point?
Okay. Have you ever heard the old Shakespearean phrase "more honoured in the breach etc"?

If you understand that then the rest is easy. It's about perceptions and not reality. Here's a couple examples.

One poster was patiently explaining to me that Kennedy's performance had been poor lately( we're talking 4/5 weeks odd) and that was why KW was giving him fewer minutes each week.

What's the reality? Kennedy's minutes have increased substantially over that peroid!

Another poster pointed to Kennedy's 'missing tackles, giving away penalties and constant errors'

Reality? One error in the last four games, very low missed tackle rate and **** all penalties. In every single area RK's team mates leave him for dead in the '**** up' section. Frequently his more highly paid, preferred and fancied team mates have mountains more missed tackles and errors.

Just look at the two stats I provided on Riki and Kennedy.
RK played half, yes half the minutes Riki did and still beat him in every single stat (aside from the good opportunistic try)

My point is people are just remembering the '**** one goat'. If anything highlighted my point clearly I haven't seen it. What Riki did in 80 minutes, Kennedy exceeded in 40 minutes.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Okay. Have you ever heard the old Shakespearean phrase "more honoured in the breach etc"?

If you understand that then the rest is easy. It's about perceptions and not reality. Here's a couple examples.

One poster was patiently explaining to me that Kennedy's performance had been poor lately( we're talking 4/5 weeks odd) and that was why KW was giving him fewer minutes each week.

What's the reality? Kennedy's minutes have increased substantially over that peroid!

Another poster pointed to Kennedy's 'missing tackles, giving away penalties and constant errors'

Reality? One error in the last four games, very low missed tackle rate and **** all penalties. In every single area RK's team mates leave him for dead in the '**** up' section. Frequently his more highly paid, preferred and fancied team mates have mountains more missed tackles and errors.

Just look at the two stats I provided on Riki and Kennedy.
RK played half, yes half the minutes Riki did and still beat him in every single stat (aside from the good opportunistic try)

My point is people are just remembering the '**** one goat'. If anything highlighted my point clearly I haven't seen it. What Riki did in 80 minutes, Kennedy exceeded in 40 minutes.
Haven't got a dog in this fight but just wanted to point out that Riki plays predominantly on the edge and Kennedy in the middle, so that could explain the stats.........carry on

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.