[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

There is a lot to be happy about in the back end of the year in regards to improvement and change in mentality. The guys we have here seem to want to be here and fight for the jersey. I hate that we lost to a call like that, the Captains call should be about challenging the call that the ref has made not trying a hailmary on things that have passed. I was also unhappy with the suss call of advantage when Cobbo ran 10 meters and the play broke down, they never call that. But the biggest error was Kennedy dropping that ball, that is just unacceptable.

Looking forward to next year there is really a lot to be positive about despite W-L ratio.
Yeah, we are definitely playing with a bit of starch in defence and look like we sort of know what we are doing now. It's just a missed tackle here and a dropped ball there that is hurting us. Happy with the commitment and attitude.

Best game I've seen Coates in awhile.
That bat back for the Riki try was all class. And he threatened all night making that Roosters edge nervy that 1st half.
Some people talking shit cause he definitely was not the worst out there.
What? The bat back was good but he didn't even try to take hit ups from our own half and when did he look like doing anything with the ball in hand?

That's poor wording on my part, I meant Klein considered it a part of play 2 and since the play the ball wasn't correct play 3 had never started.

My expectation is that the NRL will explain that they technically challenged the wrong call, but had they challenged the knock on then the video referee would have detected the high shot and retroactively ruled on it.

This is why I hated the rule in the NYC.
If there wasn’t a knock on they’d have passed left and kept going. So how could the play in which the alleged head high happened, still be “live”?

It’s ridiculous. Either the play was still live in which case a challenge can’t be made, or the play had ended with the knock on, in which case only the knock on decision can be challenged…

They are deadset just making sh*t up as they go along to suit the outcomes they want to achieve.

Which is why I’m done with it.

Blaming the ref is shitty enough, but concocting a competition wide conspiracy is the very pits of being a poor loser. Have some dignity, man.
Just ignore it, mate. Let us have our thing. One could argue that it is the way of the oppressed to accept their lot in life. Either way, the result stays the same. Not much dignity in a wooden spoon regardless.

Anasta saying it wasn't a clear reportable high tackle is all you need to hear to know it was a fucking bullshit call.

Heartbroken tbh.

We still do dumb shit, miss dumb tackles and drop the ball at the worst possible times, but we just didn't deserve to lose like that.

That's poor wording on my part, I meant Klein considered it a part of play 2 and since the play the ball wasn't correct play 3 had never started.

My expectation is that the NRL will explain that they technically challenged the wrong call, but had they challenged the knock on then the video referee would have detected the high shot and retroactively ruled on it.

This is why I hated the rule in the NYC.
Klein calls tackle 3 as Mead gets off him and then he plays the ball

Broncos do get screwed over though. Always have one of the toughest schedules because we get tv ratings. The sooner they stop calling it a draw and start calling it a schedule the better. Because it’s not a draw, they schedule who plays who and we do get cucked most years.

if the game continued the way it’s going it would be dead in 10 years. Surely tv ratings are awful. Even for a double header we had less than 15000 people… I used to watch every game every round but now I barely manage to watch the broncos game and usually don’t make it past the first 20-30 minutes of other games because of bad refereeing or the score being 30-0

I agree. We still have plenty to learn and are a young side, but i still feel some of the things we do are just plain dumb.
add Reynolds Capewell Carrigan to that side and while i don't think any are elite in a tedesco or turbo way we win more than we lose. Really good base to build on. With a favourable draw, some stability in selections etc we have a good side. Still missing the game breaker though. imo that has to come from within and there are a few coming through

He didn't play better then Oates tbh, yeah Oates made the one error but his meters where solid. You know it's possible to say something positive for once right, never seen anything but dribble from you every time.
Copley scored in a massive space Oates left vacant being out of position. Oates dropped one cold too. Oates was ordinary.

So to clear a few things up.

It was an incorrect play the ball that stopped the play.
The challenge was for a head high on Sitili Tupouniua
Klein deemed that the play was still live because Butcher never played the ball.

Yeah so incorrect decisions all round... Klein also the first ref ever to change his own on field decision, even though it was correct.

Expecting the NSWRL broom will be out on Sunday during the big league rap when it's all about "the roosters with so many injuries" and Annesley just ignoring that it ever happened at all, because it was broncos and happened on Friday night, and surely everyone has forgotten about it by now... oh that's right no one in qld watches this show anymore

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.