[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Because we get hit with 6 agains... which are not classed as penalties anymore 😉
As it transpires, we get pinged and restarted less than every other team other than Cronulla. The conspiracy against us is not only bullshit, you might accuse us of being favoured. Melbourne and Canterbury have been getting their arses kicked:

As it transpires, we get pinged and restarted less than every other team other than Cronulla. The conspiracy against us is not only bullshit, you might accuse us of being favoured. Melbourne and Canterbury have been getting their arses kicked:

Not saying there’s anything in the conspiracy thing but we all know how easy it was to “manipulate“ penalties to even them up when they wanted.

Pretty bittter pill to swallow last night. That's a few times now you've felt we were the better team and didn't deserve to go down. Think the first game against the cows and also the panthers. I think this ends any debate over who is worse out of kevvie or seibolds broncos.

Unfortunately last night, much like most of the season we've been the victim of what i call momentum bias. i'm not suggesting its something officals do on purpose but its a phenomenon that happens accross all sports where by the team or player with the momentum or is generally accepted to be the better competitor seem to get the 50/50 calls and the ball bounce in their favour.

It's similar to what happens to people in every day life when your down you just seem to get kicked. Bad things happen in threes. You cop a speeding fine the same day your rates, licence and school fees are due. This however is in a sporting scenario.

You would find if we came against the dogs again we would likley have the calls go our way as we are going better then them as a whole.

Nothing you can do about it exept take heart that not only are we competing but we are almost knocking over top 8 teams. And our biggest issue the last 2-3 seasons, our defence, is improving.

Just saddle back up, keep turning up doing the hard work, have faith in your systems and give it another crack next week. Its all you can do.

Radley is facing 3-4 weeks for his incident on Kelly.

Gamble facing 2-3 weeks for a crusher tackle.

It baffles me why a head high can be a sin bin but what Radley did isn’t. What he did can end careers but it’s not treated as a serious offence. The only reason he’s getting 3 weeks minimum is because of prior charges.

Radley is facing 3-4 weeks for his incident on Kelly.

Gamble facing 2-3 weeks for a crusher tackle.

It baffles me why a head high can be a sin bin but what Radley did isn’t. What he did can end careers but it’s not treated as a serious offence. The only reason he’s getting 3 weeks minimum is because of prior charges.
And if gambles crusher is the one I'm thinking it wasn't even picked up in real time so can't have been that bad..

Doesn't mean anything on their own. A 6 again on tackle 4/5 is worth 20 6 agains on tackle 1.

If there was a stat on total extra tackles gained from 6 agains, I'd look at that with a lot more interest.

Half of Melbourne's 6 agains are blatant offisdes and hold down on tackle 1 to kill the momentum of the other team.

Doesn't mean anything on their own. A 6 again on tackle 4/5 is worth 20 6 agains on tackle 1.

If there was a stat on total extra tackles gained from 6 agains, I'd look at that with a lot more interest.

Half of Melbourne's 6 agains are blatant offisdes and hold down on tackle 1 to kill the momentum of the other team.
Another theory is we're not that good. Just throwing it out there.

Point of useless trivia: Broncos and Cowboys sit tied on a points differential of -256, but 2 competition points apart.

This time Milford has an excuse for being lazy and useless. Kevvie had him warm up on the exercise bike before he went on and he was gassed when he got out there.
You couldn’t have scripted a better opportunity for Milford to come out, take the game by the scruff of the neck and ice the win, showing the Broncos and all the critics just how wrong they were.

Instead, he came on and proved everyone right.

I’d rather bring Thaiday out of retirement to play 6 than have to watch another minute of Milford. Even when he sucked, at least Sam gave a shit.

The better team lost this game and I make no apologies saying that. If I supported the Western suburbs fucking Magpies I would believe the same. A professional competition really shouldn't have to put up with amateur hour officiating like this one does.

What happened isn't allowed under the rules. A team that's not penalized cannot use a challenge to look for foul play against them.

That's two weeks in a row that cruical incorrect (BS) decisions have gone against us. 1 cost us the game, the other turned the game against us.

It's also two weeks in a row, I'm waiting to see how Annersley spins the **** ups.

what worries me is that too much more of this BS and our young squad could drop their heads ... Kev and his coaching team will have their work cut out to keep our team's heads up

That's two weeks in a row that cruical incorrect (BS) decisions have gone against us. 1 cost us the game, the other turned the game against us.

It's also two weeks in a row, I'm waiting to see how Annersley spins the **** ups.

what worries me is that too much more of this BS and our young squad could drop their heads ... Kev and his coaching team will have their work cut out to keep our team's heads up
I’m assuming and this is a big assumption but less so now that we seem to have a good management group. They’re letting them know behind the scenes that this shit better not carry on, or else they’ll come out guns blazing. Double D doesn’t strike me as the type of bloke to let shit slide for too long.

One can hope

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • marw
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.