Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

If it was a dry and fast pitch it would’ve been 50-10, onto next week hopefully we play smarter.

• Hot take, but TMM might be the best thing that happened to the Broncos this year.
He's the first player for years we should've fought to keep. I'm thinking back to the likes of Israel Folau, Lote Tuquri and Karmichael Hunt who left before their times. If Milford was worth a million dollars five years ago what is Te Maire worth today?

Cobbo is so willing but damn he’s green. You can see him going into touch before he catches the ball. And I was so dirty when he didn’t keep his width for a certain try in the second half. But you can’t get made, he’s too loveable.

Yep, this is why I kept saying he wasn't ready for Origin. We need to babysit him on the wing until he grows into his body, be patient with his fumbles and let him mature. Then we have to decide where he's playing out his long career. It won't be on the wing.

• ARey doesn’t seem his confident self at the moment. We were lucky last night that we were playing a shit team. Was it two or three passes that hit the ground? Someone mentioned it earlier, but he’s not going deep and really engaging the defenders.

No he doesn't and we don't really know why. I hope it's not chemistry. He seemed so happy a couple of months ago. Still the best thing that's happened at the club for years.

• Also, Milford is thick. Real thick. I don’t remember seeing him thicker. Maybe his thickest. I really don’t know what Wayne is going to get out of him next year, he was really poor. Unless he can loose a heap of weight and find his athleticism again, he’s got nothing else to offer.

LOL. I almost feel sorry for Wayne Bennett. No I don't.

In two minds on Riki. Obviously, he bolted on the dickfingers before kick off, which stood out.

However, he was ripping in in attack. If he'd held one of them, I think he was through the line and scoring. Ran a bunch of decoys too.

I think on a dry deck, his same performance would have been much more highly regarded.
Riki will be fine in the long run. He'll retire with at least one Broncos premiership ring.

Riki will be fine in the long run. He'll retire with at least one Broncos premiership ring.

Future news: headline Jordan Riki arrested for breaking and entering into Kevvie's memorabilia stash.

Riki had a bad game, I still think he was promoted too early after Fifita's unexpected departure. I think the plan was to let him get more games in QCUP before nabbing a full time first grade role. Instead he's been thrust into the fire early and the inconsistent performances are the result. He's had good games so I think he's got credit in the bank to cover the bad games.

**** the reffing. Get over it. 🙄 if they were really trying to hamstring us they would have called Oates try back for a forward pass. Some days you get the calls others you don't.

The real problem is we need to hang on to the ball and stop trying to score on play 2 every set.
Please try to read posts before blowing up. I didn’t blame the reffing or even suggest it was bias or some kind of plan to hamstring us. I said it was bad. It is incompetent and shows they don’t understand the rules. This is a massive problem for the game, not the Broncos, the game.

It will cost a team in the finals like it has in the past and when it does everyone will blow up about why hasn’t something been done about this in the past.

The buck stops with Adam Reynolds and Kurt Capewell on that. Gus was riding Reynolds all night about needing to assert himself. I think he was right.
About sticking it to the ref? I blame the coaching staff as well. Somebody needs to get Alf to tell Reyno the restarts are 6 blot or whatever and get in the refs ear about it.

It will cost a team in the finals like it has in the past and when it does everyone will blow up about why hasn’t something been done about this in the past.
This is the greater concern for mine....the high level of incompetence shown each week by the bunker, will cost a team a premiership....or a spot in the finals.

A few things that stuck out being at the game last night.
  • Our middle is still pretty passive in defence as a unit. Our line speed and an intent is MIA. I hope we’re keeping it up our sleeve for September.

• Hot take, but TMM might be the best thing that happened to the Broncos this year. Obviously ARey has done wonders, but it’s TMMs work of the ball, especially in our 20m that makes all the difference. We were pretty shit last night and could have leaked so many more points if it wasn’t for TMM yelling and pushing players into position. Especially around the ruck. I do wonder how many more games we would have lost this year without him.

• Cobbo is so willing but damn he’s green. You can see him going into touch before he catches the ball. And I was so dirty when he didn’t keep his width for a certain try in the second half. But you can’t get made, he’s too loveable.

• Hotwire’s defence looked legit at centre. He’s been great depth.

• Kennedy’s first ruck involvement was a 6 again. After all the chat on the forum this week it was hilarious.

• ARey doesn’t seem his confident self at the moment. We were lucky last night that we were playing a shit team. Was it two or three passes that hit the ground? Someone mentioned it earlier, but he’s not going deep and really engaging the defenders.

• Also, Milford is thick. Real thick. I don’t remember seeing him thicker. Maybe his thickest. I really don’t know what Wayne is going to get out of him next year, he was really poor. Unless he can loose a heap of weight and find his athleticism again, he’s got nothing else to offer.
Bit puzzled by your statement about Kennedy???

He didn't give away any six agains. His first touch, actual contact with the football was after TMM had knocked on and the defence had grounded the ball anyway.

So, where was this six again?

Yeah I think he's extremely overrated. I don't think he's a dud, but he's as average as they come.
Who is rating him highly? I’m probably the one that talks him up the most and even I just say he’s serviceable. He’s easily the best attacking dummy half at the club, though he has struggled since returning from injury and his fitness needs work.

Billy is a smart player who tries his guts out but I don’t think he is quite as polished at hooker as Paix is. The gap between Billy and Paix has been closing in that regard though.

About sticking it to the ref? I blame the coaching staff as well. Somebody needs to get Alf to tell Reyno the restarts are 6 blot or whatever and get in the refs ear about it.
Blaming the refs is fine over the beer after a game, but come training any pissweak excuses that involve shirking responsibility need to be nipped in the bud. The refs will get it right 18 times out 20. One of those wrong times will favour you. One will favour the other side. In theory. Trying to split hairs is a loser's game.

Serial 6 agains usually happen when your team is under the pump and can't keep up with the pace of the game. So that's either fitness or something else that's causing fatigue. That's why we have assistant coaches: to look at the tape and fix the shit that leads to other shit.

The other reason they happen is dumb, hot headed or obstinate fuckers who stray from the game plan. The solution to that is to get rid of them. Which we did.

Of course, Reynolds as captain has to defend his team to the ref, but not be a **** about it. He does a pretty good job of that I think.

As for players who routinely blame the ref rather than own their mistakes: there's a home for them, it's called Canberra.

I thought last night was vintage Milford

Ezra burned him for that try in the first half, then later in the game when Newcastle actually had a bit of momentum in the game, he kicks it out on the full and essentially throws the game away
My favourite Milford moment last night was his kick attempt at goal. He should almost be investigated for match fixing if that was his best effort.

Blaming the refs is fine over the beer after a game, but come training any pissweak excuses that involve shirking responsibility need to be nipped in the bud. The refs will get it right 18 times out 20. One of those wrong times will favour you. One will favour the other side. In theory. Trying to split hairs is a loser's game.

Serial 6 agains usually happen when your team is under the pump and can't keep up with the pace of the game. So that's either fitness or something else that's causing fatigue. That's why we have assistant coaches: to look at the tape and fix the shit that leads to other shit.

The other reason they happen is dumb, hot headed or obstinate fuckers who stray from the game plan. The solution to that is to get rid of them. Which we did.

Of course, Reynolds as captain has to defend his team to the ref, but not be a **** about it. He does a pretty good job of that I think.

As for players who routinely blame the ref rather than own their mistakes: there's a home for them, it's called Canberra.
Not sure if you go to games or watch on TV but grab yourself a set of sportears next time you’re at a game. We were getting six again calls left right and centre, Knights players were getting called out by name not to get involved but no six agains.

Not sure if you go to games or watch on TV but grab yourself a set of sportears next time you’re at a game.
I wonder if you could record it.....and then play it here (BHQ)..... RE sports ears?

Really? I thought he was only on for 10 minutes. What did he do wrong? I noticed 10 tackles, 2 misses and 2 hitups. Sounds pretty busy to me, you know like, in just 10 minutes.

Turpin needs a swift kick up the arse, didn't move a muscle for Newcastle's first try. Well, not until it was too late. RK might have done better but I guess he thought Turpin was moving too.

Still, sensational results really in 2022. Such an improvement on 21.

Yep really. He's clearly not ready to be an NRL player, he had to go off with a head knock for a start which just proves it.

Wow that’s something different from those two…
Think you read into something that wasn’t there: Cronk and Von were pretty balanced and solely focused on the 20 mins where we fell asleep.

Psrker on the other hand, holy hell

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.