PRE-GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lose this game badly and surely the media noise from uninvolved parties drowns out the obfuscation of the old boys. Who knew we would ever be relying on the likes of Sloth, NRL360 and Badel to trigger meaningful change at the club.

You have to admire what Des has done with that rabble Titans team. Imagine what he would cook up if he had roster of you blokes

- Selwyn is in the hands of the NRL
- Thought we prepped well last week, see what happens this week
- Expect to see good hard football
- Going to find out if they respond tomorrow
- Re-affirmed Reyno is captain and will be captain as long as he wants it
- Someone decided to start hammering in the background for something
- Love the club, love coaching, happy coaching
- Stupid question Joel, I'm not even going to answer that (about being the right coach)
- Just answered that, move on
- I don't read what the old boys say, I'm not going to comment on that
- Want to see us do much better in the effort areas
- Piaks is right to go, needs to play well tomorrow
- Patty, Payne and Riki normally last ones on field at training, nothing new
- Excited about tomorrow
- Life is unfair sometimes, our boys need to adapt to that
- People outside can say what they want, it is what it is

Peter Gough is the ref for this one.

according to Slothfield in his best / worst refs for each club article, we have a 75% win record under Gough over the last 4 years

Edit: thought i'd check the Titans and Gough is also the best ref for them with a 55.6% win record

I know someone who has a betting system for NRL which picks sides based on their respective records under the match ref.

Eg: we have a 75% win record under Gough.. Titans have 55% win record… the differential favours us 20%… there is a threshold to place a bet and then the bet size increases as the differential increases.

The system kills it at NRL level, but no success in Union, soccer, NFL, AFL etc.
There isn’t a bigger game deciding factor in the NRL nowadays than who the ref is… which is really, really sad.

Off topic I know, but anything is better than talking about getting smoked by the Titans…

- Stupid question Joel, I'm not even going to answer that (about being the right coach)
- Excited about tomorrow

Probably the better press conferences ive seen from Kevy. Good to see he's having none of the commentary from the old boys, replacing Reyno etc. This team just needs to stick together, weather the storm and start working hard again. I guarantee the results will come.

Probably the better press conferences ive seen from Kevy. Good to see he's having none of the commentary from the old boys, replacing Reyno etc. This team just needs to stick together, weather the storm and start working hard again. I guarantee the results will come.
There wouldn't be a storm if they worked hard in the first place.

- Excited about tomorrow

Thanks for the recap - saves watching it. He's starting to get the same questions - and give the same answers - as Seibold did in 2020.

Thanks for the recap - saves watching it. He's starting to get the same questions - and give the same answers - as Seibold did in 2020.

So what you are saying is, the reporters should ask better questions. I agree.

So what you are saying is, the reporters should ask better questions. I agree.
I'm saying this is how it starts. Let's hope we win tomorrow.

Media training 101: the questions don't matter. Only the answers. hth

If we don’t win this weekend then surely that ‘ridiculous question’ will become not so ridiculous. Sadly I just think these boys are counting the weeks till the comp is over , I don’t imagine they’ll just suddenly wake up this weekend and change their playing style but I’m going to have some sort of faith in them that they can win this game and put in effort.

All the same cliches I’ve heard from a dozen coaches right before they’ve been sacked…

Apparently journalists have no accountability, that bloke who asked Trent Robinson about the supercoach points probably still has a gig. Tough job.

Apparently journalists have no accountability, that bloke who asked Trent Robinson about the supercoach points probably still has a gig. Tough job.

Look at Dean Ritchie. Has no sources, gets nothing right - promoted to 360 one night a week

If we don’t win this weekend then surely that ‘ridiculous question’ will become not so ridiculous. Sadly I just think these boys are counting the weeks till the comp is over , I don’t imagine they’ll just suddenly wake up this weekend and change their playing style but I’m going to have some sort of faith in them that they can win this game and put in effort.

even if Kevin Walters never wins another game for the rest of his coaching career, it would still be a ridiculous question to ask a coach.

There isn't a single coach in world sport, that would ever answer that question with anything other than "Of course i'm the right man to lead the team moving forward". and it doesn't matter how poor that coaches record is

Big results for us tonight (Warriors and Dolphins losing). Assuming the Storm and Bulldogs win this weekend (and they're in in pretty good form atm), if we beat the Titans we'll only be 2 points off the top 8!

There's still hope!!!

Praying Election Day GIF by Creative Courage

Really can’t be bothered with a long miserable train ride home today so please fucken win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
  • azza.79
  • rj9
  • broncos4life
  • upthebroncs
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • Tristan1990
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • maddo
  • Santa
  • Big Del
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.