PRE-GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team with a middle of Haas, Carrigan and Jensen
One of these things is not like the other.

Even so, when has Haas ever been known for his defence?

Wasn't there a stat last year that the Broncos had a negative point differential when Jensen was on the field? Which explained his 'mysterious' omission?

It has been like this (maybe not to this extent) all year. A team with a middle of Haas, Carrigan and Jensen with Willison coming off the bench should not be getting steamrolled but hey, this is what injuries and ESPECIALLY dropping the ball will do.
Also what a weak back 5 brings as well when they can't make any meters in yardage.

Herbie's 170m per game and quick ptb's haven't been replaced... and now Cobbo's 140m are gone.

Mariner = 125m
Staggs = 113m
Jesse = 108m

Oates will have some work to do this week

Also what a weak back 5 brings as well when they can't make any meters in yardage.

Herbie's 170m per game and quick ptb's haven't been replaced... and now Cobbo's 140m are gone.

Mariner = 125m
Staggs = 113m
Jesse = 108m

It's not a surprise that we get dominated for field position each week. We get absolutely dominated at the start of sets and by the time our forwards get back onside it's tackle 4 and we've made 15 metres.

Our Coaches should have identified this area as a weakness and come up with a game plan to mitigate it because other teams have and are exposing it. If we can't make any metres in yardage then we need to limit the amount of metres the other team mates through our defence, line speed, aggression. Improve our edge defence as teams have made very easy metres shifting the ball against us this year not just against the Bulldogs. Surely it can't be that hard?

Kevies bench usage is also terrible, Haas shouldn't be playing 50 minutes straight whenever we fall behind in the first half. Quality over quantity, I don't think making him play longer minutes improves our chances of winning at all as it lessens his impact on the game. Ideally he's taking a hit up most sets but it's clear he has to conserve his energy for the bigger minutes.

Is there a chance that Kobe going to play Q Cup this weekend for Wynnum. He is named on their bench

It's not a surprise that we get dominated for field position each week. We get absolutely dominated at the start of sets and by the time our forwards get back onside it's tackle 4 and we've made 15 metres.

Our Coaches should have identified this area as a weakness and come up with a game plan to mitigate it because other teams have and are exposing it. If we can't make any metres in yardage then we need to limit the amount of metres the other team mates through our defence, line speed, aggression. Improve our edge defence as teams have made very easy metres shifting the ball against us this year not just against the Bulldogs. Surely it can't be that hard?
As stupid as Cronk sounds whenever he talks, he made a good point the other day when he was asked about what some of our issues are. He said a big issue for us is that we are losing the contact, and therefore our play of the ball is slow and we are letting the opposition get easy meters.

Thinking about the last few months (and comparing it to last year), this is so true! Every single on of our players gets dominated in every tackle - especially our backs (except maybe Carrigan and a few runs from Arthars). And our passive defence allows the opposition to always find their front easily and steam roll through us! This is then compounded by the million errors we seem to make.

Last year we were dominating the contact - where's the aggression we had against Melbourne in the finals!?

Hmm now I know why Rosie had the shits most of the time this year

Is there a chance that Kobe going to play Q Cup this weekend for Wynnum. He is named on their bench

Interesting, although QCup team lists can be a bit funky. I mean they haven't named their 17th player (as least per QRL.com), but have #16 as the 18th man. They have Zac there but he's listed as an out but who knows

Nevertheless, if it's the case, it'd finally be something to show players aren't above being dropped and that we may be seeing Semu debut, although that it's taken this long just points out another issue

Mariner = 125m
Staggs = 113m
Jesse = 108m

And to think they won’t extend Oates when we still rely on him so much. We really need Staggs to up his work rate.

And to think they won’t extend Oates when we still rely on him so much. We really need Staggs to up his work rate.
From what I’m seeing Staggs is holding off on making the hard yards out of our end to conserve energy in the hope of scoring at the other end.
So I’d agree that he’s sort of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

This game should give us a fair idea where we are in the comp. Who is the genuine bottom 4 contender?
It's gonna be interesting to see how they approach attack. The Broncos Footy style hasn't worked well all season and culminated in a pretty startling mismatch on the weekend against the Dogs who came with a smart game plan and stuck to it vs the Broncos who had nothing except for a couple of individual plays. Will they persist, double down, or fall back to a more structured plan? Do they have anything to fall back on?

It's gonna be interesting to see how they approach attack. The Broncos Footy style hasn't worked well all season and culminated in a pretty startling mismatch on the weekend against the Dogs who came with a smart game plan and stuck to it vs the Broncos who had nothing except for a couple of individual plays. Will they persist, double down, or fall back to a more structured plan? Do they have anything to fall back on?
I just hope that if the Titans try to copy the Dogs strategy (which they might), we have a plan to counter it. Would suck if the same thing happened again.

I just hope that if the Titans try to copy the Dogs strategy (which they might), we have a plan to counter it. Would suck if the same thing happened again.
Agreed ugh that would confirm my fears about Kev.

I'm pretty sure, regardless of game plan, coaching, styles, whatever.. Surely we can at least attempt to RUN HARDER, TACKLE HARDER.

Let's see if that works this week lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ffs...
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • MrMoore
  • Santa
  • rj9
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.