POST GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

For the love of God, please drop Mariner. It's not doing him or the team any favours continuing to start him and make the same mistakes every single week. It's better to let him learn and become a better player in QCup and recall him once he's ready, or you risk permanently damaging his confidence
Do you think he's the type of player that will learn though?

Space cadet.

Rough day but the Burger joint on the ride home seemed the right choice

IMG 1878

Have we picked on a particular player yet?! 😂
Let’s blame….. oh I don’t know, dick fingers Oates.
Not up to first grade…
seriously though, WHAT THE **** WAS THE LEFT SIDE DOING?!

There is obviously something not right at the club, the team do not look like they get on or even want to play together. It's easy to get on when your winning but when your not the cracks start to open. Kev appears to have lost the playing group. I even thought it was obvious in press conferences with Pat early in the year, Pat doesn't believe in him. I am just going to come out and say I think it's due to Father and Son aspect. He should have dropped Bill weeks ago, Walters Jr should have been a stop gap not an answer. It has also appeared that Kev has been delaying Mozer even as far as signing Walters and Smoothy for a further 2 years. Kev chose family over the team, I bet even if it isn't true in reality it appears true to some of the players. You add that and Walsh pulling the Instagram "don't believe everything you hear" about his contract extension which was a massive red flag and we are off to the bottom of the barrel.

I agree with @Wolfie we need to sign some harder edged toilers who are willing to nut up with Pat. We have to many glam boys who are not willing to go the extra yard. We also need a coach that change our culture and soon. Kev I am sorry mate but I can't see you fixing this.

There is obviously something not right at the club, the team do not look like they get on or even want to play together. It's easy to get on when your winning but when your not the cracks start to open. Kev appears to have lost the playing group. I even thought it was obvious in press conferences with Pat early in the year, Pat doesn't believe in him. I am just going to come out and say I think it's due to Father and Son aspect. He should have dropped Bill weeks ago, Walters Jr should have been a stop gap not an answer. It has also appeared that Kev has been delaying Mozer even as far as signing Walters and Smoothy for a further 2 years. Kev chose family over the team, I bet even if it isn't true in reality it appears true to some of the players. You add that and Walsh pulling the Instagram "don't believe everything you hear" about his contract extension which was a massive red flag and we are off to the bottom of the barrel.

I agree with @Wolfie we need to sign some harder edged toilers who are willing to nut up with Pat. We have to many glam boys who are not willing to go the extra yard. We also need a coach that change our culture and soon. Kev I am sorry mate but I can't see you fixing this.
The players could be bickering with each other because they're losing so much and it's been a frustrating year... losing fucking sucks just look at the mood of this forum

I’d be very surprised if the players in the team think Billy Walters shouldn’t be in the team. I could be wrong but I don’t see that at all.

Seriously, is there any good to come from continuing with this?

Sure, give Mozer a run at the 9, give Billy a "rest", he looks "tired" you know...

But, what else? What are we doing? What are we playing for?

Change the coach, right now, and start laying the foundations for 2025...now.
The thing is...We wont lose the rest of the games, Walsh, Staggs, Reynolds...they'll all put on a highlight reel every so often. Kevin will ride off that for the rest of the year (Don't forget the injuries and lack of depth bla bla bla - Kevin is entitled to that tbh) but next year Reynolds will be a year older and probably injured a quarter of the season, so at this rate, write off 2025 as well ( does Walsh stay with a sinking Broncos with shit halves after his 2025 contract? not if he wants to win a premiership). With all the injuries, I have seen no change in style of attack or defensive structure, praying on the hail Mary when we have no Mary on the field. Mam and our back up 7 wont cut it because we have been living off individual brilliance for the whole season.

Any coach can beat the broncos....just push 1 or 2 people on Walsh and push the error, most the time It will work and if not, it is always better if Walsh doesn't have the ball in hand.

Enough talking sense, this is the part where I get bat shit crazy..... from what we've got for 2026:

Mam would be better as a 7, JT style..
Walsh could play 6 as long as he is taught when not to push a pass.
If Cobbo isn't A DV statistic, set him at FB. If not then the Hammer would be a perfect fit.

Patty as Captain Coach lol, no idea....I have no faith in Kevin atm.

The thing is...We wont lose the rest of the games, Walsh, Staggs, Reynolds...they'll all put on a highlight reel every so often. Kevin will ride off that for the rest of the year (Don't forget the injuries and lack of depth bla bla bla - Kevin is entitled to that tbh) but next year Reynolds will be a year older and probably injured a quarter of the season, so at this rate, write off 2025 as well ( does Walsh stay with a sinking Broncos with shit halves after his 2025 contract? not if he wants to win a premiership). With all the injuries, I have seen no change in style of attack or defensive structure, praying on the hail Mary when we have no Mary on the field. Mam and our back up 7 wont cut it because we have been living off individual brilliance for the whole season.

Any coach can beat the broncos....just push 1 or 2 people on Walsh and push the error, most the time It will work and if not, it is always better if Walsh doesn't have the ball in hand.

Enough talking sense, this is the part where I get bat shit crazy..... from what we've got for 2026:

Mam would be better as a 7, JT style..
Walsh could play 6 as long as he is taught when not to push a pass.
If Cobbo isn't A DV statistic, set him at FB. If not then the Hammer would be a perfect fit.

Patty as Captain Coach lol, no idea....I have no faith in Kevin atm.
We will lose every game. The fight has gone out of us.

I agree with @
Wolfie
Wolfie we need to sign some harder edged toilers who are willing to nut up with Pat. We have to many glam boys who are not willing to go the extra yard.
The issue is the Broncos probably thought they were on that when they went ahead and signed Jensen, Hetherington, Smoothy, Hoeter, Pereira, Baker and Hunt. However there's a fine line between toiler and plodder.

The issue is they have zero depth. Both Mariner and Piakura have plenty of talent, but they're still developing and they've both needed spells. Unfortunately the depth is so bad they've often been rushed back into the team.

You can't tell me Piakura was right to play this afternoon and from memory they rushed Mariner back after he fractured his back against Melbourne.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • Mr Fourex
  • Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • KickHaas
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • leish107
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.