Round 22 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
how does it change?

i dont understand how we can go through that week and then come out and play half assed again.

the players have lost confidence in each other.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I thought our attitude was good this week. It was an improved performance. Our confidence is running on empty, as soon as the bounce of the ball went against us a few times in the second half the team just seemed to go back into the their shell. We weren't as horrible as most are making out. The effort was there, the execution was not.

Macca was brilliant, he has to play 80. Hunt showed enough at 6 to stay there next week.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I thought our attitude was good this week. It was an improved performance. Our confidence is running on empty, as soon as the bounce of the ball went against us a few times in the second half the team just seemed to go back into the their shell. We weren't as horrible as most are making out. The effort was there, the execution was not.

Macca was brilliant, he has to play 80. Hunt showed enough at 6 to stay there next week.

you may be right.

we started to look ok in the second half when they actually started to use the ball and move it quickly. but then it fell in a heap and no one was there to steer us in the right direction.

hunt should be 7. norman should be 6. im still maintaining this.

i dont want to hear more excuses this week about the forwards not doing their job for the halves.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Everything is leaning towards Hook having lost the players TBH. This is how teams play when the coach doesn't have the players. I hope we can turn it around.

Also McCullough needs to be on for the 80 minutes and Hunt needs to be given the 7 jersey and be told it is his team now.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think the injury to Glenn killed us. He was head and shoulders our best from what I was hearing, to lose him, and then that what sounded diabolical last play when we got caught on our own 40m line, that killed our comeback.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Everything is leaning towards Hook having lost the players TBH. This is how teams play when the coach doesn't have the players. I hope we can turn it around.

Also McCullough needs to be on for the 80 minutes and Hunt needs to be given the 7 jersey and be told it is his team now.

Hook can get the players back by making wholesale changes. Players are complacent.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hook can get the players back by making wholesale changes. Players are complacent.

He clearly needs to do something. Injuries haven't helped but Football is 90% attitude 10% talent most of the time.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Confidence can only be rebuilt by winning, yet winning is difficult without confidence. Chicken and egg... We're going to need things to go our way to win before we can get on a roll. Unfortunately with an unlucky bounce from a drop out, Glenn going off, a poor call giving the Raiders a penalty on the last, things didn't go our way today.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think the injury to Glenn killed us. He was head and shoulders our best from what I was hearing, to lose him, and then that what sounded diabolical last play when we got caught on our own 40m line, that killed our comeback.

He was seriously the ONLY player who looked capable of doing anything. It wasn't like he was running onto sweet balls either, it was all him. When he scored his second I said to my missus they have to get him off, just in case. I saw the trainer say to him 'you can come off if you want'. Next touch = gooorne.

I don't know much about these things and you probably do Coxy but if you feel the tickle-twinge in your hammy it means get the farkin ice on it before it becomes a tear, right?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Hook has to recognize that Beale is better at fullback even if he drops a couple. Hoffman can drop back there in D most times from the wing which is where he belongs because that is how he plays. We need some impact from our 1

Gillett has to go back to the bench, he has done jack sh@t since starting, it's not working so go back to what was.
Thaiday has to play wider which was working early in the season.

I thought we were better around the ruck today with a few more plays but still too many 1 off runs early in the set.
This style of play works if you have a Lockyer at the back of it but right now we need some NRL standard coaching not under 20 standard.

What is with the little skip that Hannant has developed which stops his momentum just before the line, toady McGuire started doing it too.?

As I have said before, dummy half running and safety first play will win a fair share of games but you will never win a comp unless you take some risks in attack. Our players might even start enjoying their footy again because they all look like they don't like being out there atm.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He was seriously the ONLY player who looked capable of doing anything. It wasn't like he was running onto sweet balls either, it was all him. When he scored his second I said to my missus they have to get him off, just in case. I saw the trainer say to him 'you can come off if you want'. Next touch = gooorne.

I don't know much about these things and you probably do Coxy but if you feel the tickle-twinge in your hammy it means get the farkin ice on it before it becomes a tear, right?

Yep. Especially hamstring or calf. A twinge there isn't something you can work through. Glute/Groin/quad/abs you can probably get by. But a twinge in the calf or hamstring is almost certainly going to tear.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Langer has to have one on one training sessions with Wallace.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Frankly I think that's the problem. I doubt Langer can coach attack. He was an instinctive player. I doubt he even knew how he did stuff. If he's been working with Wallace, I'd be worried.

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
i dont want to hear more excuses this week about the forwards not doing their job for the halves.

Uh.... What? You were happy with that forwards performance? I don't know how often we got pinned in our own 20 metres, when we got them there, they would make 45 metres without blinking an eye. I thought that was an extremely weak team performance.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Won't help at all. Wallace needs to hope that technology is good enough for a brain transplant.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Uh.... What? You were happy with that forwards performance? I don't know how often we got pinned in our own 20 metres, when we got them there, they would make 45 metres without blinking an eye. I thought that was an extremely weak team performance.

no i mean i just dont want to hear excuses. the forwards were shite. the halves were shite. you can see it the whole game where our forwards were basically catching the ball off 1 step rather than even hitting the ball with some speed. thats just poor attitude.

whatever the hell they've been doing isnt working. the team needs to find some desire.

**** they'd probably be better off if they had the whole week off.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.