Round 22 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Definitely hammy. He grabbed at it after he scored then grabbed it again after he did it. It's fairly high up too so at least a couple to three weeks.

Then he had a bit of a run around before going down like a sack of shit in an innocuous play requiring him to be chaired off.

That was after the hammy strain......the run then
tore it

Our props really weren't great. Need them to be making many more metres. Our prop rotation has been shit house.

If seen a few lately that seem to feel the twinge in the hamstring when they're pulling up from a run ....like Glenn after scoring

Yep - eccentric contractions. Whilst your leg is swinging forward your hammies activate early to slow the leg down before pulling it back. The muscles still stretching whilst contracting. High amounts of force.

So to those of you who know about this stuff, if your best on ground is grabbing at a hammy you definitely hook him and have a look at least, right? Especially with a back on the bench (I think)?

I thought Hoffman wasn't too bad for us today. Lots of good clean ups etc and almost snuck through the line a couple of times.

If you want to "reset" get rid of wallace and norman and really "reset", also get rid of that golliwog as a captain, Parker always deserved it better anyway, the peoples captain.

Wanker. Eat a dick mate.

Player with no history of hammy injuries I'm happy to leave him out there and let him make the call. Unless you're a sucker for hurt, pain receptors make it pretty hard to turn a twinge into a full blown tear. They won't let you begin to generate enough force to do much more damage.

To sum up, we were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked

with the halves we have and the type of coach we have(man motivator) we need an offensive coordinator who can come up with set plays that the players can follow. right now we have nothing and that would be ok if our halves could come up with something, but they can't.

The only positive I can think of is that the NFL season isn't too far away.

yes. we had all the ball early on and should of been able to run in some tries.

the teams confidence dropped when they realised yet again that they werent going to score any points.

with the halves we have and the type of coach we have(man motivator) we need an offensive coordinator who can come up with set plays that the players can follow. right now we have nothing and that would be ok if our halves could come up with something, but they can't.

I know a guy, a club legend who would be perfect for the job.

Well that was pathetic.

Are Thaiday and hodges teaching everyone how to tackle? It was all shirt/arm grabbing. Gillett, yet again, was useless. He has deadest had the worst case of second year syndrome I've ever seen. Makes old mates claims of him being better than D Taylor all that much funnier though. Thaiday needs to be dropped, and have captaincy stripped and given to Parker. Now it's not a knee jerk reaction, he needs to be dropped for a week or 2 to show him that he's not an endangered species and that he needs to pull not jsut his finger but his whole arm out of his arse. He has been deplorable all year as well. Is there a second row pairing in the game that's as bad as Thaiday/gillett? I don't think so.

Hunt looked better in one game than Wallace and Norman have the last 10, but even he had his stupid moments. Failing to find touch is a coach killer. Wallace has deadest made more errors in the last 6 weeks than most teams make in a season. Ive said it since before we even signed him - he's just not a good first grade half, and he takes far to long to make decisions with the ball. I've never seen a half get tackled on 5th so many times. His little grubbers are pathetic, when he even gets them away.

Norman on the bench is a wtf and the question surely must start to be asked if griffin in fact has any idea about what he is doing. Civoniceva was terrible yet again. Hate to sound like a broken record again, but why isn't McGuire getting more minutes? He's better than our other 3 props combined, and does more work too.

This season is the climax of our decision to invest so heavily in a sub-par halfback all those years ago. Hes been made to look better than he is by Lockyer all these years, and even then he didn't look very good yet we kept re-signing him and throwing more money at him. In doing so we stopped hunt from developing his game and getting experience, forcing him to become a 30 min a week hooker. If there was ever a player who you wouldn't have been angry at for leaving, it's hunt.

This season is over for us. If we snag a win against penrith we *might* have a slight chance of making the finals, but this team doesn't deserve to make the finals. We're certainly not beating the sea eagles, storm or bulldogs.

Last edited:
This season reminds me so much of 2005. Just need a win, so much frustration.

I'm scared about what the approach to the next 3 weeks is.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • LGH
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.