Round 22 - Raiders vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
no i mean i just dont want to hear excuses. the forwards were shite. the halves were shite. you can see it the whole game where our forwards were basically catching the ball off 1 step rather than even hitting the ball with some speed. thats just poor attitude.

whatever the hell they've been doing isnt working. the team needs to find some desire.

**** they'd probably be better off if they had the whole week off.

I don't want to hear anything from the players or coach this week. It's all empty. show us on the field. Until then, STFU, we don't care what you have to say.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I don't want to hear anything from the players or coach this week. It's all empty. show us on the field. Until then, STFU, we don't care what you have to say.

sure? maybe we should parade the players at an AGM.

kidding.

just stfu, i agree.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I prefer if the just forfeited next week.

It would save, whatever sanity we have left.

Get out.

Even at our worst I never want to see us surrender, ever.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Langer has to have one on one training sessions with Wallace.

If Wal doesn't know what he wants to do by now Langer can't help.

Seriously, a half who has played SoO should be able to see what the D is throwing at him. It's either shut down D or back off and slide depending on where the tryline is. Most defenses will jam in close to the line so as a half you know what is going to happen but wal doesn't seem to know what he wants to do.

It's like we play 6 different plays when we get close to the line instead of working to a position and setting up for a tryscoring play on 4 or 5 and keep the kick if we need it. We have no idea where the space is, today we got a bit of second phase stuff going and started going wide where one more pass sees us off down the side line but we look for a collision and quick play the ball FFS!

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'm not sure Glenn has done a hammy.. I'd be worried about structural knee damage. Worst case ACL.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not sure Glenn has done a hammy.. I'd be worried about structural knee damage. Worst case ACL.

that's what I was worried about judging by the reports.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Umm

We surrendered in the last 3 games.

No we didn't.

In Round 1 1996 we did and I thought it was one of the most disgraceful things this club ever did.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No we didn't.

In Round 1 1996 we did and I thought it was one of the most disgraceful things this club ever did.

that was political. All super league clubs (except warriors) did.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It looked like a hammy. but who knows.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
It didn't look like a hammy. They almost exclusively come from eccentric contractions when you're stretching out.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It didn't look like a hammy. They almost exclusively come from eccentric contractions when you're stretching out.

Grabbed at his hammy after he scored that try.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

If seen a few lately that seem to feel the twinge in the hamstring when they're pulling up from a run ....like Glenn after scoring

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
that was political. All super league clubs (except warriors) did.

Yep, and it was s**t.

That whole war, from both sides was disgraceful and I wish our club was never involved.

In fairness, I don't think they do either.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Grabbed at his hammy after he scored that try.

It is possible that it's both. It doesn't take a huge change in muscle balance/contraction to cause the knee to move in the wrong way and cause structural damage. If he was favouring his hamstring, that could've just weakened things enough so his ACL blew out.

I haven't seen it, so I'm only speculating.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep, and it was s**t.

That whole war, from both sides was disgraceful and I wish our club was never involved.

In fairness, I don't think they do either.

I don't think the ARL regret it. They still think they were right...but we're going off topic.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Then he had a bit of a run around before going down like a sack of shit in an innocuous play requiring him to be chaired off.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • TommieToona
  • Mr Fourex
  • HVbronco
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • bazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.