w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Mead beating Pearson to a spot in the 17

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Oh come on now Freak,

Yeah. It's not a refusal thing. It's a gross incompetence thing.

Nah, give 'em hell meady. Best of luck if you play.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I think Hunt is going to be good for us at 9. Has more ability to run the ball than Macca, and provided his service is reasonable, I think he'll keep the defence guessing and get us rolling forward.

That said, we can't expect him to fill the void defensively as Macca would. He's capable of effecting a solid tackle on a bigger man, but gets sloppy with fatigue. The other middle men need to step up and make their tackles count.

Provided that happens, I see his running game really coming to the fore and punishing the Titans.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I think Hunt is going to be good for us at 9. Has more ability to run the ball than Macca, and provided his service is reasonable, I think he'll keep the defence guessing and get us rolling forward.

That said, we can't expect him to fill the void defensively as Macca would. He's capable of effecting a solid tackle on a bigger man, but gets sloppy with fatigue. The other middle men need to step up and make their tackles count.

Provided that happens, I see his running game really coming to the fore and punishing the Titans.

I think we will see an attack minded team from here on . Exciting stuff, may take a few weeks but could be special.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think we will see an attack minded team from here on . Exciting stuff, may take a few weeks but could be special.

As long as that left side defence doesn't leak points it could be the spark we need

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Agreed. The change at 9 dictates we have to adjust our play style accordingly. It will take some work but if Hunt runs the ball from dummy half and doesn't have to worry about kicking duties over much, I think it's going to open up space for the halves to do their thing.

I don't like to use the term too much, but I do see the Titans as a danger game for us. A team out of finals contention has nothing to lose, and are playing solely for pride. I'd expect them to play more freely in search of points than a team looking to grind out wins for ladder position.

Still, I'm seeing a win here. Titans will be good in parts but I don't see them competing for the duration.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Agreed. The change at 9 dictates we have to adjust our play style accordingly. It will take some work but if Hunt runs the ball from dummy half and doesn't have to worry about kicking duties over much, I think it's going to open up space for the halves to do their thing.

I don't like to use the term too much, but I do see the Titans as a danger game for us. A team out of finals contention has nothing to lose, and are playing solely for pride. I'd expect them to play more freely in search of points than a team looking to grind out wins for ladder position.

Still, I'm seeing a win here. Titans will be good in parts but I don't see them competing for the duration.

Mate they've had plenty to play for over the last few weeks and they have consistently muffed their lines.

They got close earlier in the year through a few arsey tries.

The Eels loss will ground a few of our guys - we got out to 12 nil and then the game plan went out the window.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
9.17am: Corey Oates is training on the left wing in a huge boost for the Broncos. David Mead was originally named on the left wing but Oates looks like being fit for the Titans clash.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
As long as that left side defence doesn't leak points it could be the spark we need

Yeah, that needs ro be addressed before the finals, the good teams will exploit that.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
9.17am: Corey Oates is training on the left wing in a huge boost for the Broncos. David Mead was originally named on the left wing but Oates looks like being fit for the Titans clash.

Oh shit @meady foiled again.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

When defending at half, Hunt always goes high to wrap the ball up and slow the runner down, either rasslin' them to the ground like a drop bear, or clinging on and waiting for the cavalry.

At hooker, he gets to go low like Macca as the defence is more compressed and the middle forwards are responsible for wrapping the ball up. This is why Nikorima has been serviceable at hooker during his time, as well as Marshall in his limited minutes.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Oh shit @meady foiled again.

just another reason why we can't move Oates next year.

it seams most people don't want Mead or Pearson on the wing for us, but if me move Oates, we don't really have any one else ...

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
just another reason why we can't move Oates next year.

it seams most people don't want Mead or Pearson on the wing for us, but if me move Oates, we don't really have any one else ...
I want Michael Purcell part of our squad next year. He should be a pretty handy winger

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I want Michael Purcell part of our squad next year. He should be a pretty handy winger

maybe ... but what we can be certain of is that Oates is more than a handy winger, in fact he is an incredible winger

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
maybe ... but what we can be certain of is that Oates is more than a handy winger, in fact he is an incredible winger
There will never be another Oates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Alihaider
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Skathen
  • something
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Cavalo
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Swordfish
  • BooKhaki
  • Mr Fourex
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.