Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game just became a great opportunity to win without Reynolds.. I like it.. bulk of the pressure & favouritism on the Cowboys now..
Broncos are still favourites at this stage. 1.80-2.00.

Precautionary? So Kev feels safe enough to lose this one and thinks a win over the Eels & the bye gets us a top 4.

A team built around the health of 1 player is really starting to get ol
Wah? We haven't even played yet

Have we won games with Jock Madden? I remember he was terrible in one or two games for us.

We'll lose a lot without Reynolds, but I don't think Madden is that bad (we nearly beat Penrith a 2nd time with him). He just needs to defend well and kick to the corners, Mam and Walsh can step up too. We need to get to a lead early, as we might struggle in a tussle without Reynolds game management. Hetherington is a big loss too, but Willison is a good addition.

Day game, away, missing our main playmaker and captain, and against a desperate Cowboys who always go to another level when playing us...

Broncos 40 - Coyboys 0

Wah? We haven't even played yet
Last years capitulation coincided with AREY out ......or playing busted

Years before .....if Lockyer was out, we'd struggle

Some would agree even Milford's lack of form, coincided with the rest of the team looking weak.

This will be a test. I guess Jock Madden plays kinda like Arey......minus the footy brain and or the exact skill set.
He'll need to be on his game for us to get through this......

Is Reynolds rested or busted? What happened?

I want to believe you, but based on?

That time a year ago when he had a big influence in winning the broncos vs Tigers game .

He looked pretty handy to me .

He was Aussie schoolboy captain .

That time a year ago when he had a big influence in winning the broncos vs Tigers game .

He looked pretty handy to me .

He was Aussie schoolboy captain .
Yeah, he is still young and hasn't found his defense yet. Reyno also used to have issues. Jock can only get better, and he's got a great platform to improve. It will click eventually.

(Don't **** it up, Jock)

We’re far too erratic without Reyno. We lack that calming influence and the composure in attack which results in us forcing plays too much which just leads to bad errors and unable to build pressure.

Cowboys got a reality check last week against the Titans, just like we did. I think it’s wishful thinking to think they’re going to put in the same performance.

We'll lose a lot without Reynolds, but I don't think Madden is that bad (we nearly beat Penrith a 2nd time with him). He just needs to defend well and kick to the corners, Mam and Walsh can step up too. We need to get to a lead early, as we might struggle in a tussle without Reynolds game management. Hetherington is a big loss too, but Willison is a good addition.

Day game, away, missing our main playmaker and captain, and against a desperate Cowboys who always go to another level when playing us...

Broncos 40 - Coyboys 0
Drunk I Love You GIF by CBC

Madden plays well in Cup but I am yet to be convinced it's the type of plays well in NRL type football.

He was better last week playing for other people which is what is needed in NRL- nice pass for Rogers to score, nice kick for Delouise to score, lovely pass for Simms to score.

Tempo control is his issue, his first instinct is run all the time. Just run. 427 times he's got the ball in nine Cup games this season and run 118 times. That's over a quarter.

His kicking game was excellent last round, killed the Falcons. He needs to just find a middle of using the kicking from last week and picking his moments to run but throw in his good work for his outside backs.

And be ok if you can't run 20 times- which you're not going to do ever in an NRL game. That much running says you're not sitting back waiting for a chance- you're forcing it.

Just for reference Reynolds has run the ball 45 times in 19 games.
Cheers for the info, always got the good info on the youngins 🙏 Hopefully kev tells him to leave all the flashy stuff to Mam and Walsh, just steer the ship.

Ah ****, at least we'll get to see if we can win without Reynolds. Madden has everything to prove right now. Good luck to him.
All he has to do is kick us to good field position...our power game can do the rest plenty of space created by walsh and mam needs to keep running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • porouian
  • Bronco bob
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • NSW stables
  • Turks85
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.