Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Staggs handles it and Madden is aware he needs to slide hard to cover. I'm glad we had a day's notice to at least give fair warning .
we need to be able to win under adversity if we think we can go all the all the way. I reckon this team can broncs by 16

Win or lose, just don't give that fucker Dearden a try. If he does one of those janky arse predictable run sideways then slip through for a linebreak imma lose my shit.

I agree folks. The Kobe out is a huge cause for concern. The Reyno one?! Sure it sucks, but we can and will win without him.
Hmmm, not sure who you are agreeing with......it seems to me the predominant sentiment is that Kobe out is coverable, but Reyno is the concern.

Between Reyno sitting out and the NRL's latest knee jerk crackdown, this game has me more worried than the past 4 rounds.

However, it's two Queensland teams so the bullshit from the ref should at least be spread over the game evenly.

We are going to miss Reyno's jamming defence terribly IMO. Our entire right side works on that structure, with Madden and Peeks there I fear it's going to be all over the place. I really hope we've worked on that at training.

The kicking we can sort of replace. The game smarts, not so much. The defence...terrifies me.
Massive test for us this game. We lost the last two Madden stood in, alternately for Mam and Reynolds - and that's from only five losses. In my mind, Reynolds' underrated captaincy has been winning us games.

A win here will be an enormous flex.

Massive test for us this game. We lost the last two Madden stood in, alternately for Mam and Reynolds - and that's from only five losses. In my mind, Reynolds' underrated captaincy has been winning us games.

We have proven we can win without Haas, time to do the same with Reyno.

Don't get me wrong, I think we can still beat these guys without Reyno. I just don't think we will, we're not quite there yet. His defence on that right hand side, and him pulling the strings in attack, is so important to this team. But I would love nothing more than us to come out and just blow them off the park in our first complete 80 minute performance since Round 1.

I'd go so far as to say if we do that,, we will take out the whole thing, Penrith be damned. I don't think Val is as great a loss for them as everyone thinks, his defence is pretty ordinary and even his attack hasn't been that good this year. We're certainly missing more with Reyno out so it will be an absolutely huge statement if we win this today.

Drinky gonna tear apart madden Staggs and cobbo and it’s gonna be unpleasant 🫣

Unless Staggs can stand up and lead those 2. We’ll see.
Yeah, I'm not so sure...
Our coaching staff have improved immeasurably this year.

Our game preparedness & game plans have gone to another level.

We have regularly contained or shut down key opposition players & plays.

Our perceived defensive week spots have also often turned out to be the opposite of that too. Not every game, I know. We've had some lapses, so much better than the last few years though.

Our team, staff & depth all give me confidence.

Broncos by 8

Yeah this. They always froth about the whole "next man up" thing with the Panthers while Cleary was out, players in Origin etc and how they don't miss a beat. Time for our guys to step up and show they can too.

IT'S GAMEDAY!

NRL2023BHQGamedayRound23

Yeah this. They always froth about the whole "next man up" thing with the Panthers while Cleary was out, players in Origin etc and how they don't miss a beat. Time for our guys to step up and show they can too.

I mean we haven’t really been in literally one fane this year, every other game we’ve been in until the final whistle. I think our guys have stepped up.

I mean we haven’t really been in literally one fane this year, every other game we’ve been in until the final whistle. I think our guys have stepped up.

They absolutely have. I'm more talking about the narrative surrounding this sort of thing. We go to their home ground without arguably our most influential player and beat the Cowboys...solid AF flex.

They absolutely have. I'm more talking about the narrative surrounding this sort of thing. We go to their home ground without arguably our most influential player and beat the Cowboys...solid AF flex.
All we have to prove really is we're not a one-man show. I don't think we know that yet.

All we have to prove really is we're not a one-man show. I don't think we know that yet.
I think we've shown we can win games without Reyno over the past 2 years. But without him, are wee a middle-of-the-comp type team? Are we only contenders with him on the park? IMO it's not so much whether we're a one-man-show but more a question of how big is his influence, how important is he.

I have more faith in the team to cope with his loss better now than 6 or 12 months ago, but he's still pretty important IMO. I'm expecting him to be the difference between winning or losing today, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Astro
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • DMZ
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.