Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really worried about drinky exploiting our up and in defence on the edges. Cobbo could get torn apart because the cowboys have strike out wide and no one is better at putting his winger away than the cowboys 1. Gonna be an interesting game to see what Kev does.

We should be holding no fears up against anyone this year now.

Really worried about drinky exploiting our up and in defence on the edges. Cobbo could get torn apart because the cowboys have strike out wide and no one is better at putting his winger away than the cowboys 1. Gonna be an interesting game to see what Kev does.
We thought the same about Cody last week, but he was ultimately shutdown... hopefully we can do the same against Drinkwater.

When the cows get an un-deserved yardage penalty, DRINK.

1MIY.gif

Its the way they do it lately .
Fairly compressed . Cobbo jams in and lets cover take the winger .Also looks for intercept of the pass from FB or centre to winger . Works most of the time .

Not concerned about drinkwater to be honest. Our boys have been training with Walsh all season. Drinkys like a slightly shitter version of Walsh. Just need to aim up in defence which we have all season and we will win. The cowboys have had a piss easy draw compared to us.

I think the Cows have been excellent this season. I’ve seen them play some really exciting footy.

Despite being on the wrong side of so many poor calls from the refs and the bunker, we have still found ways to win, and at times we’ve been incredibly good.

If we play to our best, which we’ll need to be, we can win this game.

It’s going to be a massive game, another one in a season of massive games.

So this game is slotted in for Saturday afternoon at 3pm, the strip club equivalent of the skank shift 🤷‍♂️
IMG 6234

Fairly compressed . Cobbo jams in and lets cover take the winger .Also looks for intercept of the pass from FB or centre to winger . Works most of the time .
That kick over the top that Keary did seems to be a big weakness in that defensive structure though. Need to pressure the half more quickly so they can't do stuff like that.

Cows are hard to get a read on for me. I'm not sure they are going as well as it seems.
They flogged the Tigpies but their most recent results have been close or unconvincing against sides with significant outs .
Keen to see them against the Titans today, a genuine mid table side that competes for the most part.
They could be in the 4 by the end of next weekend if Storm lose to the Panthers and they win today and next week which would be remarkable.
Storm play Friday night so potentially Cows are playing us for a top 4 spot.
Even their last game against Panthers potentially is easier than it should be if Penriff rest players as they have done in the past.
Semi finals are here already with the table condensed like it is. 38 points needed to make top 4 so every game matters.

Except when it doesn't. 2 or 3 times a game..

Cows are hard to get a read on for me. I'm not sure they are going as well as it seems.
They flogged the Tigpies but their most recent results have been close or unconvincing against sides with significant outs .
Keen to see them against the Titans today, a genuine mid table side that competes for the most part.
They could be in the 4 by the end of next weekend if Storm lose to the Panthers and they win today and next week which would be remarkable.
Storm play Friday night so potentially Cows are playing us for a top 4 spot.
Even their last game against Panthers potentially is easier than it should be if Penriff rest players as they have done in the past.
Semi finals are here already with the table condensed like it is. 38 points needed to make top 4 so every game matters.

They beat the Storm 45-20.
They beat Panthers 27-23.
They beat Rabbits 31-6 (in Sydney).
Flogged the Tigers.
Beat Manly 19-8, again in Sydney.
Beat a resurgent Eels 24-16.
They will beat the Titans comfortably today, only way they don't is if they're already looking forward to our game next week. Keep that in mind if they're not right on their game this afternoon, they have had next week circled ever since we beat them earlier in the year.

They are a confidence team, and they are flying high. I will not be surprised in the slightest if they give us a touch up. We can't let them get too far in front or they will go on with it.

But I also know that we have the team to rattle them and take home the win, too. And this team of ours doesn't look so panicky when they get behind anymore, because they have the belief that they can score points. It's a genuinely mouthwatering matchup and I can't fucking wait!! It's likely we will meet them again in the course of the finals so this shapes as an important game for our mentality as well as our final ladder position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Thelmus
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.