POST GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

The deal with Cobbo though is we might be forced, Ideally we could keep them all.
That's not what I'm really arguing against.

It's these two posts:
This win does raise a question in my mind, do we actually need Payne at his highly inflated price? He wasn't missed tonight, even more evidence that Patty carries this team.

We certainly don’t need maam or cobbo

Haas is the best forward in the comp and we were up against nobodies in the Cowboys front row.

Mam and Cobbo post I'm not even going to bother responding to.

That's not what I'm really arguing against.

It's these two posts:

Haas is the best forward in the comp and we were up against nobodies in the Cowboys front row.

Mam and Cobbo post I'm not even going to bother responding to.
I think there has been a genuine argument that Haas hasn't been the best forward at the Broncos for a few years now.

Without the passing game carrigan has he will always be second

He plays bigger minutes and pretty much matches his impact in terms of meters despite Payne being probably a superior athlete. He's far, far more influential and its pretty obvious how our pack looks more disjointed without him on the field.

He's been better than Payne at pretty much every level since 2022. I'm not seeing apart from his size and athletic ability where Payne has anything over Carrigan these days. I dread to think where we would have been without him this year tbh and thats saying a lot considering how poor we have been.

Agreed, for 2024 at least. If Patty doesn't get the medal this year something's amiss. Payne needs a good offseason to recover from his injuries and hopefully has a blinder in 2025. Props normally take a few years, we have just been fortunate Haas has been a superstar well ahead of time.

Agreed, for 2024 at least. If Patty doesn't get the medal this year something's amiss. Payne needs a good offseason to recover from his injuries and hopefully has a blinder in 2025. Props normally take a few years, we have just been fortunate Haas has been a superstar well ahead of time.

Paynes struggled a fair bit with injuries this year. I've said it for years, but playing blokes like Payne and Patty for so long is going to have an impact on their bodies. Payne improved a lot for me when Kevvie started bringing him off earlier in games.

Paynes struggled a fair bit with injuries this year. I've said it for years, but playing blokes like Payne and Patty for so long is going to have an impact on their bodies. Payne improved a lot for me when Kevvie started bringing him off earlier in games.
Its why I am really against giving forwards long term deals. 4 years should be a max deal for any forward. You only have to look at the cowboys with Taumalolo now to see it wasnt the smarted idea in the world. Sure they got really good value in the first 4-5 years of the contract but now they have him for another 3 years and he is barely first grade standard at the moment let alone justifying being one of the highest paid forwards.

I am Glad Kotoni got the carl Webb medal. He lead our team. I swear Rosie has a broncos sensor because I was watching the broncos and she started going batshit and my mum is pissed at her team

Its why I am really against giving forwards long term deals. 4 years should be a max deal for any forward. You only have to look at the cowboys with Taumalolo now to see it wasnt the smarted idea in the world. Sure they got really good value in the first 4-5 years of the contract but now they have him for another 3 years and he is barely first grade standard at the moment let alone justifying being one of the highest paid forwards.
I think the NRL should set the ground rules for ALL contracts. I posted this a couple of years ago:

All this nonsense would go away if the NRL implemented a set of standard, fixed length, non-negotiable contracts between club and player. There would be no wiggle room by either party, except under specified (TBD) circumstances - serious misdemeanor etc.​
For example:​
1. A standard contract for players with N games NRL experience, under the age of Y, is 2 years.​
2. A standard contract for players with less than N games NRL experience is 1 year.​
3. A standard extension is 2 years. 10% of the value would be exempt from the Salary Cap.​
4. Further Salary Cap relief applies to extensions after 5 years service with that club.​
5. If both club and player agree, a player can transfer to another club, but the pay contract remains with the former club and the new club reimburses the former club plus 10% of the value, which counts towards their Cap.​
6. First season players, if promoted from Development get X% relief from the Salary Cap.​
7. After N years with a club, players can enter a contract for a longer than 2 year extension.​
I don't know exactly but basically any shit that provides incentive for players to remain with their clubs, and punishes other clubs from poaching. Once you agree to your 2 year extension, that's it. No bonuses or upgrades until your next contract. So think hard about it.​
Almost all the shitfights involve players bound to a club for more than 2 years, who are now worth more on the open market.​

He plays bigger minutes and pretty much matches his impact in terms of meters despite Payne being probably a superior athlete. He's far, far more influential and its pretty obvious how our pack looks more disjointed without him on the field.

He's been better than Payne at pretty much every level since 2022. I'm not seeing apart from his size and athletic ability where Payne has anything over Carrigan these days. I dread to think where we would have been without him this year tbh and thats saying a lot considering how poor we have been.
idk 2023 i think there was a bees dick between them that dick being carrigans passing game 2024 he is playing somewhat busted

idk 2023 i think there was a bees dick between them that dick being carrigans passing game 2024 he is playing somewhat busted
Its way more than just his passing. Payne is a massive man who is a supreme athlete. Patty is a footballer. Considering the size difference and athletic ability, Pat is matching Payne in most aspects. Payne isnt matching the other things Patty is bringing.

On top of all that, Pat rarely gets a break. He regularly is playing 70 mins plus straight every week. I'd say he's playing busted as well and has been for years, its just with Pat its him constantly playing under fatigue. If Pat doesnt play so long, Payne doesnt get a break and get to freshen up. That improves Paynes game.

1/2

Geez, talk about a game of two halfs....We basically did to the Cows what the Tits did to us last round.

Though, need I say how the Titans followed up that game of football?

Cows must be filthy, they had no right to lose that game given their trajectory. I hope it doesnt hurt them too much but i feel it "may" affect their seeding in the 8. This could prove a critical loss.

Do Karapani and Staggs both speak English? That first half defensive display on our right was awful. No communication, no reading or counting of numbers, one of them rushing up whilst one drops back...I have to ask why didnt the Cowboys just direct paly here for the entire first 40 minutes?

Thats a huge area of the game that needs improving, albeit its argubly a makeshift edge..

Piakura has the most "looks good but is hoplessly ineffective" tackle technique i've seen in a 2nd rower for some time. Check out Cotters run in the 60th minute...

He needs to be pulled out of the NRL squad and taught how to tackle one on one. Unfortunately, we have zero depth in this position and thus has to learn the hard way. What's Gilly up to these days?

2/2

Brave game by Walsh - 50% effective Walsh is...still good.

Mozer, now he isnt a 80 minute hooker, but he is shaping up to become a NRL standard rake, and is absolutely part of our future.

Very busy in defence, you should check out how many tackles he's involved in when he is out there. His service though is the biggest on-field difference between him and Walters. That and engaging markers out of dummy half to allow his forwards to hit the advantage line.

Plus, look how often his pass hits the right mark of the receiver, particuarly Reynolds. Most of Walters passes to Arey see him catching it at head height or above. This game was no exception.

Walters is a important part of the roster, but he really is on borrowed time for the 9 jersey at this rate.

Anyway, great game, no, we dont belong nor should we make the finals. We haven't earnt it and wouldnt do anything if we were there. Too many key players out etc...

Start building for 2025.

1/2

Geez, talk about a game of two halfs....We basically did to the Cows what the Tits did to us last round.

Though, need I say how the Titans followed up that game of football?

Cows must be filthy, they had no right to lose that game given their trajectory. I hope it doesnt hurt them too much but i feel it "may" affect their seeding in the 8. This could prove a critical loss.

Do Karapani and Staggs both speak English? That first half defensive display on our right was awful. No communication, no reading or counting of numbers, one of them rushing up whilst one drops back...I have to ask why didnt the Cowboys just direct paly here for the entire first 40 minutes?

Thats a huge area of the game that needs improving, albeit its argubly a makeshift edge..

Piakura has the most "looks good but is hoplessly ineffective" tackle technique i've seen in a 2nd rower for some time. Check out Cotters run in the 60th minute...

He needs to be pulled out of the NRL squad and taught how to tackle one on one. Unfortunately, we have zero depth in this position and thus has to learn the hard way. What's Gilly up to these days?
You hope it doesn’t affect them too much? Why?

You hope it doesn’t affect them too much? Why?
Cause some of our fans still love the cowboys even though all their fans absolutely hate us with a passion. Seems our fans sometimes cant seem to see past their QLD eyes. I doubt you would ever hear a dogs supporter say something nice about the Eels or souths/roosters vice versa.

Cause some of our fans still love the cowboys even though all their fans absolutely hate us with a passion. Seems our fans sometimes cant seem to see past their QLD eyes. I doubt you would ever hear a dogs supporter say something nice about the Eels or souths/roosters vice versa.
Yeah I’ll never get it.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • upthebroncs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.