POST GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Massive win sort of papered over how concerning how easy it is to spread and make easy meters against our defensive line. We were saved by mistakes and a few fantastic tackles by Staggs.

Mozer is something else. Fast passes straight to the chest.

Obviously been a poor season and still lots to work on. In saying that if you can’t enjoy that game for what it was and respect the team for destroying the Cowboys and rallying after what has been a horror few weeks then all jokes aside you may need to assess your life, maybe a break from footy is needed to find some balance.
Believe it or not, it is actually possible to enjoy the win and still be able to critique it for what it was.

I just played around with the ladder predicter, and I don't want to get anyones hopes up, but if we keep winning and other results go our way, we can make the 8, even make it to 7th!!
Those panthers and storms wont know what hit them when they play a resurgent broncs in the preliminary!

I might need to watch it again but was there an angle that showed Dearden get it down? From what I saw, he looked both short and held up anyway.

There was no angle to show him get the ball to the line ... At least on the kayo coverage.

Giving every benefit of the doubt to the bunker (and I'm not sure they deserve any), maybe they confirmed it due to thinking there was insufficient evidence to overturn it.

Obviously been a poor season and still lots to work on. In saying that if you can’t enjoy that game for what it was and respect the team for destroying the Cowboys and rallying after what has been a horror few weeks then all jokes aside you may need to assess your life, maybe a break from footy is needed to find some balance.
The second half was very enjoyable and I might be one of the most cynical people on this forum.

I just played around with the ladder predicter, and I don't want to get anyones hopes up, but if we keep winning and other results go our way, we can make the 8, even make it to 7th!!
Those panthers and storms wont know what hit them when they play a resurgent broncs in the preliminary!
So basically we need to cowboys not to win another game and/or the dragons to win a maximum of 2 games
And also the dolphins need to win only 1 game if only 1 of the above occurs?
That seems very unlikely, but our biggest issue will be winning our remaining games
Timing of the bye is terrible given we just played a good 40 mins…

There was no angle to show him get the ball to the line ... At least on the kayo coverage.

Giving every benefit of the doubt to the bunker (and I'm not sure they deserve any), maybe they confirmed it due to thinking there was insufficient evidence to overturn it.
What’s frustrating about the bunker is for all we know there is another angle not shown that conclusively proved or disproved it
They need to do a split screen and show all the angles the bunker can see and the bunker should identify to the viewer which angle is being relied upon.
Or… just get rid of the useless bunker

IMG 1928

So basically we need to cowboys not to win another game and/or the dragons to win a maximum of 2 games
And also the dolphins need to win only 1 game if only 1 of the above occurs?
That seems very unlikely, but our biggest issue will be winning our remaining games
Timing of the bye is terrible given we just played a good 40 mins…
You never know! A couple of key injuries here, a brain snap causing suspension there, an off field incident or 2 and an alien abduction and things could turn our way!

I've only watched the highlights but can anyone answer, Did we actually kick to the corners and defend well in the 2nd half like i read somewhere? Or were Cows just shit and gave us leg ups?

If it was the former, it would be so good to hear tbh.
For the first 50 minutes we just made dumb error after dumb error and gifted them all the possession and tries
After they learnt to respect it we flat out belted them in the final 30. Amazing what happens when you treat the football with some respect

For the first 50 minutes we just made dumb error after dumb error and gifted them all the possession and tries
After they learnt to respect it we flat out belted them in the final 30. Amazing what happens when you treat the football with some respect
Thanks. Hopefully it continues.

Thats how I think you need to approach your footy, in the modern game the points are there for the majority of teams. Show respect with the ball, concentrate on getting to a good kicking position. Make the opposition work hard to get out of their half with solid kick chases and good line speed and minimise the cheap penalties given late in the count. With that the points will come. In the end the little things add up, if you rely too much on individual brillance or fall into the trap of playing catchup football the errors will creep in and you just don't give yourself a chance to win.

I might need to watch it again but was there an angle that showed Dearden get it down? From what I saw, he looked both short and held up anyway.

I thought after the try was confirmed , the next replay looked like he was short of the line .
And may well have been a Dbl movement .

Massive win sort of papered over how concerning how easy it is to spread and make easy meters against our defensive line. We were saved by mistakes and a few fantastic tackles by Staggs.

Mozer is something else. Fast passes straight to the chest.
What are you talking about easy meters? Their average set distance was like 10 meters less than hours. I don't think they made easy meters anywhere last night...

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Turky Murky
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.