POST GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Never play songs about the broncos because a certain tabby goes apeshit over it

Against a decent side I fear we would have got walloped, but we did well to stay in the fight & then pull away against what was a pretty shit cowboys defence.

The butchered scrum play with Walsh feeding made no sense to me, I don’t understand why you have your most potent attacking threat feeding the scrum?

Mozer is an infinitely better hooker than Billy Walter’s, his delivery is fast, crisp & direct, unlike Billy who is slow, clunky & has receivers holding their runs waiting for the ball. I know people baulk at the accusation, but Billy is not the starting 9 if his father isn’t the coach. That’s not say he shouldn’t be in the side, I think he’s the perfect 14.

I maintain Riki is a pretty boy moonlighting as a footy player, soft as butter. He’s this generations Alex Glenn without the footwork.

Against a decent side I fear we would have got walloped, but we did well to stay in the fight & then pull away against what was a pretty shit cowboys defence.

When do you get to enjoy anything in life if all you're thinking about is "what ifs", I don't think you get to enjoy anything if that's all you're worried about.

Where’s all the staggs and mariner haters tonight.
Saving yourselves for the next loss?? Flogs
WTF, been bog average all year. Staggs has been his usual. Mariner is a space cadet. Can't coach speed.

Look at the season as a whole. Get back to me...i will wait.

Bottom 4 team, you do realise that?

If you could keep Willison and swap out Payne for a hard nosed experienced prop (28 years old or older, 200 games), you would consider it.

Same for Cobbo. I’d rather a 800k 28 year old centre than Cobbo for our teams balance.
Cobbo won't play for us again. He may not play NRL for an age. Hass should be horse traded as his 1.3 million contract is just ridiculous for what he brings to the team.

Happy for the win, but……

Too many of the same old issues are glaringly obviously prevalent throughout the side.

A couple of weeks ago (vs the Dogs?) they scored a try after 4 of our blokes stood and watched it bounce. Saw that happen again today, unforgivable.
Far too many Walsh passes are dropped for it to be a coincidence, does his technique need fine-tuning?

Pleased for Staggs, he never stops.

What does it say about Sailor when a one handed, broken and gassed player is still preferred to be kept on the field?

Some seriously poor calls from Klein throughout the game, shock, horror.

Not going to get carried away with this, but it’s a start. Bye next week, let’s see if we can get some sort of momentum to finish the season with something to push on with next season.

Far too many Walsh passes are dropped for it to be a coincidence, does his technique need fine-tuning?

He runs at a million miles an hour, it would be difficult to just drop one off with soft hands to a short runner, he needs to be looking at it though.

Didn't mind Karapani on the wing - made his tackles and combined well with Staggs on that side in defence. Didn't make bulk metres but had the least amount of possessions and wasn't taking many (if any) kick returns. Only made one error diving for that loose pass that was a half-intercept chance

Let the Cobbo thing take as long as it needs - at least Karapani seems to be able to focus for a whole game, not just when he feels like it

The butchered scrum play with Walsh feeding made no sense to me, I don’t understand why you have your most potent attacking threat feeding the scrum?
I didn’t mind it. It was a trick shot that tried to hide what walsh was doing which gets too predictable if he’s standing first receiver all the time. Mozer just misjudged the pass

I'm happy for him to stay in the 14 for the remainder of this year, but Mozer must be in contention for the 9 at some point next season. If he continues on his current trajectory, Kev's credibility hinges on it.

Mozer is stronger than I expected for a kid his age .
Early this year I was asking questions about his ability to tackle grown men at NRL level . Well ,, not a problem it seems . I like the way he makes a very deliberate back wards motion with his hands when he passes at close range . Eliminates fwd passes to Fwds on the burst . Also his long pass is higher quality than Billy or Smoothy from my observations .

I didn’t mind it. It was a trick shot that tried to hide what walsh was doing which gets too predictable if he’s standing first receiver all the time. Mozer just misjudged the pass
Before I type this, I want it to be known I am a Mozer fan. But, how does Mozer get away with ‘just misjudged the pass’. But, if it was Billy Walters, ‘He’s only in the team because hems Dad’s the coach and he can’t pass for shit.’?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • kwomo
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.