POST GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Before I type this, I want it to be known I am a Mozer fan. But, how does Mozer get away with ‘just misjudged the pass’. But, if it was Billy Walters, ‘He’s only in the team because hems Dad’s the coach and he can’t pass for shit.’?
Because a 1 off misjudged pass is better than 40mins of always looking confused, poor quality ball, 1 or 2 penalties and some stupid play.

Before I type this, I want it to be known I am a Mozer fan. But, how does Mozer get away with ‘just misjudged the pass’. But, if it was Billy Walters, ‘He’s only in the team because hems Dad’s the coach and he can’t pass for shit.’?
Start the mozer can’t pass thread then.

I might need to watch it again but was there an angle that showed Dearden get it down? From what I saw, he looked both short and held up anyway.
No. He was short IMO but the last tiniest movement was obscured and ur went up try.
Klein guessed, bunker couldn't conclusively say otherwise.

Who let him get away with it? It was a blunder. In terms of comparison, he's a rookie. Many think he's not even ready for NRL yet.

I was out and only saw the full time score on the way home.
I had to keep checking the score while watching the replay we were that bad in the first half.
Cows were horrid and we pulled some 2023 style out in the second half.
2 tries from an individual 2 from kicks.
So good to have win I don't care how it was done.
We did look a bit more structured between the 20 mtr lines using the decoy shapes a fair bit to make ground.
Pat was immense again.

I've only watched the highlights but can anyone answer, Did we actually kick to the corners and defend well in the 2nd half like i read somewhere? Or were Cows just shit and gave us leg ups?

If it was the former, it would be so good to hear tbh.

Some of the decisions yesterday on a second look are even more bewildering. Deardon's arm touched the ground short before the line. There was no 'momentum' he rolled his body forward so no try. The pass for Feldt's try was a good 2 metres forward if you go by the line Townsend threw it from to where Feldt caught it. Drinkwater's bomb spill being ruled as going backward is just laughable. The amount of times Cows had their hand on the ball to stop a quick play the ball and the amount of times the held the players head or free arm into the turf to stop them getting up was severe and yet Klien penalised them only once for it.

Mariner letting that ball bounce right in front of our sticks proves he still has much to learn. Maybe Walshy's busted wrist will soften the force of his passes in the next game. Riki is so low on confidence at the minute perhaps that try will be his turning point. I hope so because what I'm seeing from him at the minute is a clone of Baker with a better body shape.

No. He was short IMO but the last tiniest movement was obscured and ur went up try.
Klein guessed, bunker couldn't conclusively say otherwise.
After they had given it they showed an angle looking from the left showing he clearly didn’t ground it. Why the **** do they not show all angles while it’s being reviewed? All the angles they did show were just questionable, obscured footage.

After they had given it they showed an angle looking from the left showing he clearly didn’t ground it. Why the **** do they not show all angles while it’s being reviewed? All the angles they did show were just questionable, obscured footage.
The TV director only shows some of the views
The Bunker has access to all of them
Not that this is anyway explains the awful decisions the bunker makes

Happy for the win, but……

Too many of the same old issues are glaringly obviously prevalent throughout the side.

A couple of weeks ago (vs the Dogs?) they scored a try after 4 of our blokes stood and watched it bounce. Saw that happen again today, unforgivable.
Far too many Walsh passes are dropped for it to be a coincidence, does his technique need fine-tuning?

Pleased for Staggs, he never stops.

What does it say about Sailor when a one handed, broken and gassed player is still preferred to be kept on the field?

Some seriously poor calls from Klein throughout the game, shock, horror.

Not going to get carried away with this, but it’s a start. Bye next week, let’s see if we can get some sort of momentum to finish the season with something to push on with next season.
Walsh’s passes look like they have way too much force in them a lot of the time. I think that’s mostly to blame for the drops.

Bunker apparently has more/better angles than we see on the tellie

Obviously been a poor season and still lots to work on. In saying that if you can’t enjoy that game for what it was and respect the team for destroying the Cowboys and rallying after what has been a horror few weeks then all jokes aside you may need to assess your life, maybe a break from footy is needed to find some balance.

Liked how early Mozer came on. Billy soaked up the early intensity, helped set up the first try and then Mozer was able to get the team rolling through the middle late in the first half.
Billy soaked up nothing, useless as always he was lost at dummy and again half missed tackles . Anyone notice the complete change in attack once Mozer got on, is ability to give mush crisper passes, and how he holds the A&B defenders, up thus the whole defenive line speed, when he takes those few steps out over the ad line before passing. ( Cam Smith like)
Need to give Mozer 80 mins and put a workhorse back rower on the bench not Billy, someone like a
Plath.

Billy soaked up nothing, useless as always he was lost at dummy and again half missed tackles . Anyone notice the complete change in attack once Mozer got on, is ability to give mush crisper passes, and how he holds the A&B defenders, up thus the whole defenive line speed, when he takes those few steps out over the ad line before passing. ( Cam Smith like)
Need to give Mozer 80 mins and put a workhorse back rower on the bench not Billy, someone like a
Plath.
You can't expect Mozer at this stage to play 80, so you need to have someone else share the minutes with him until he is ready to play 80 (and he may never play 80 the way the NRL is going). At this stage, the only options we have are Billy, Paix or Smoothy, take your pick.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Turky Murky
  • Behold
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.