PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

seibs Should really just let the footy do the talking. He’s 0-3 against the WB/JD combo so how bout just keep quiet and get some runs on the board.we have a great opportunity to win tomorrow night all of this shit is just going to distract the team.

All 3 of them wish they were coaching the Brisbane Broncos right now so at least Seibold has them on that count.

seibs Should really just let the footy do the talking. He’s 0-3 against the WB/JD combo so how bout just keep quiet and get some runs on the board.we have a great opportunity to win tomorrow night all of this shit is just going to distract the team.

Why don’t you just join the party and say fk Wayne, go the broncos.

Ennis is one of the only people in the media that has called out for Boyd and Macca to be replaced and he has been saying it for ages already, he must be the only one that actually watches our games rather then spewing Phil Gould talking points.

Gus has on a few occasions come close to criticising Macca before taking a more diplomatic approach.

On more than one occasion he has kept trotting out this line...

“I like that McCulla (sic) as a player, but I just think Brisbane need something more creative out of dummy half”

I love how he pronounces McCullough [emoji23]

Here we go. Can't wait.

giphy.gif

Your move Wayne\JD.

AFL have had major issues including the Essendon peptide dramas and the massive cocaine use by it's players. No sport is without it's problems. The NRL gets picked on by the media because of it's working class roots and the fact that it is an easy target.

The AFL is run better because it has the resources to ensure the best people are running the game. It doesn't have a State of Origin nor an international scene but will always easily be the #1 footy code in Oz because of it's broad appeal and professionalism, an advanced junior program, very wealthy clubs and backers and a sound template for the future.

RL has always been full of idiots from top to bottom who are simply in it for themselves eg. Cam Smith and Craig Bellamy and whilst IMO is a much more mouth watering product, it will never approach the popularity of the AFL. The Lion's attendance figures have been better than the Broncos on a couple occasions this year. That would never ever happen in Melbourne.

Victoria in general have a better sporting culture and are more outgoing where they will attend sporting events no matter what. Plus AFL is a religion down there. So AFL matches in Victoria will always have high attendances as other external factors don’t stop them from turning up. I think part of it too is because of the set up of their sporting precincts and facilities where it is made easy for the average Joe to attend.

I wouldn’t read too much into the Lions figures though. I do work out at the Gabba once a year and know the management out there. It’s been almost a ghost town there for the last half decade and the mood has been pretty damp to say the least. Most of their crowds in the past have been made up of travelling Victorians supporting the away side. It’s only pumping now because they are winning but good on them though as it’s still good for the city in general to have a successful team in one of the codes. I follow their results but don’t watch their games or AFL in general as I can’t stand it and get no enjoyment out of it. But from what I have heard they are playing an exciting brand of footy which also helps bring the fans in.

If Brisbane were winning and playing like the Lions have all year, Broncos crowds would still beat it. Also doesn’t help that Lions constantly play Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon games which are more fan friendly than these abomination Thursday nights and constant Friday nights.

These "journalists" (and i use the term VERY loosely) are worse than school yard gossiping girls. Twisting words to try and create feuds or drama amongst people. I swear i am really starting to lose it with this tabloid crap, go work for new idea.

The NRL is a soap opera for men and the Journos just take advantage of that and fuel that stigma

The 'banter' between coaches does not really fire up the players, it's when one of the team has been hard done by that the group (if tight) collectively buy in to setting the record straight.

Seibs should show a wee bit more class here and consider his position before he comments on a lowly asisstant coach's dribble.

I'd only be returning serve if it was the head coach that was having a dig. He's given JD way too much importance by replying to his ill-founded diatribe.

Just make sure you find something to fire the boys up Seibs and tear this mob a new one.
[automerge]1566437120[/automerge]
I think TPJ's 5 weeks should see a reaction from our boys. At least I hope so.

Last edited:

No surprise there. I almost think it was just mind games naming him to start.

We know Burgess is tough and plays through pain but he would virtually be playing on one leg and be more detrimental to the team rather than effective. You don’t pull a quad like that and freely run within a week let alone play big minutes

If I reflect back on the last two games he’s been involved in with semi-final footy, he was part of a team that got beaten 30-0 against Melbourne (in 2017) and part of the team that was beaten 48-18 (by the Dragons last year).

Fucking burrrrnnn

Can't believe the media didn't bother bringing this up... although I'm not surprised given their bias against Broncos

That Souths pack without the Burgess brothers is honestly horrific.

Fucking burrrrnnn

Can't believe the media didn't bother bringing this up... although I'm not surprised given their bias against Broncos
I can't believe he had the nerve to have a shot at Seibs lack of right hand plays.

You know what **** WB and **** JD. JD ain't done shit in the NRL. Seibs has every right to stand up for himself and the Broncos. Ever since he got here he has stood up for his players. Its about time they stand up for him and fucking demolish Souths on Friday.

Frankly its about time the supporters get behind Seibs and the boys also. Stop living in the past and back the future, because it's already here.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • Fatboy
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Skathen
  • Redux
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrMoore
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.