PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

This Seibold v Wayne/JD saga is good for the team. Takes the light off them completely especially with having SOS back in the team this week since the sharks game, missing TPJ & Turpin, Glenn and Gillett coming back from injury, Boyd still struggling in the halves etc.

This is a game I just can't see any way we can lose. We play an out of form team down on troops at home. No way are South's capable of beating us on Friday. No way.

They have two actual halves and a great rep hooker. More than what we can say...

Cook imo has been worked out now, teams are nullifying him especially with South's pack being low on quality right now. I just can't see them getting close to us.

Cook imo has been worked out now, teams are nullifying him especially with South's pack being low on quality right now. I just can't see them getting close to us.
I'm holding you to this wolfie. Whoever loses this is going to look like a knob.

Any team with Walker, Reynolds, Cook and Murray are a massive threat.

I've seen this far too many times over the past couple of decades watching footy. A team is down on form, getting slammed left right and centre and then suddenly boom, they play themselves back into form.

We still have a lot of weaknesses Souths can exploit easily. One of the main ones being our ruck. We're slow around the ruck and that's when Cook works his magic and on the back of that, Walker and Reynolds can tear us a new one especially with a weapon like Murray in the side. Not to mention Roberts has a tendency of playing well against his former clubs.

TPJ is a massive massive loss. We really miss his energy when he isn't playing and we have a tendency to be a little flat. Turpin is also a loss as he brings a lot of energy and never say die attitude as well.

We have brought in O'Sullivan but there is no guarantee he will hit the ground running and if his last stint is anything to go by, he'll actually start off a little slow. Plus our spine playing tomorrow night has not trained together prior to this week.

This is not going to be easy game and it's far from a guaranteed win.

if they needed a reason to play for him they have it now. Bennett got what he wanted though, Seibs bit.

However, JD comments have ensured plenty of pressure will be on souths to score points come finals.
Are you suggesting that it's a win for Bennett because Seibold returned serve, If so ,Why?

You know what **** WB and **** JD. JD ain't done shit in the NRL. Seibs has every right to stand up for himself and the Broncos. Ever since he got here he has stood up for his players. Its about time they stand up for him and fucking demolish Souths on Friday.

Frankly its about time the supporters get behind Seibs and the boys also. Stop living in the past and back the future, because it's already here.

He just has more to lose than gain by getting into a mud slinging match with JD. I'm not supporting souffs actions, just think we should have taken the high road on this one.

We need to start well in defense, we don't want to be chasing points otherwise it will just build their confidence.

Wayne will have them fired up, if we can weather that early on then I think we can come home the stronger.

The big IF is how the refs will rule in the ruck. The judiciary has backflipped under media pressure, let's see how the refs start penalising the ruck from this weekend. I'm expecting a backflip and much quicker pay the balls which will bring Cook into the game.

The pressers after the game could be interesting although regardless of the result I expect both coaches to play down all the trash talk leading up to the game.

Like I said yesterday I think the opposite, he's shown he's much smarter this year and is creating from dummy half with his passing. Last season he ran and passing was a afterthought this year he has been excellent playing from dummy half and showing great diversity.

Try assists have gone from 8 to 17.
Line break assists have gone from 9 to 15.

His kicking to is bringing greater results- 7 repeat sets up from 2.

Much smarter more well rounded player in 2019. More skills. Running may be down but he's compensated for that awareness by the defence.

Cook can ONLY excel when his forwards are winning fast ptbs and while they'll get a few I don't think it'll be enough. I'm expecting a good win. I believe you're right @Wolfie

Like I said yesterday I think the opposite, he's shown he's much smarter this year and is creating from dummy half with his passing. Last season he ran and passing was a afterthought this year he has been excellent playing from dummy half and showing great diversity.

Try assists have gone from 8 to 17.
Line break assists have gone from 9 to 15.

His kicking to is bringing greater results- 7 repeat sets up from 2.

Much smarter more well rounded player in 2019. More skills. Running may be down but he's compensated for that awareness by the defence.

You could be right, I haven't seen a heap of south's this year but the last few weeks I've seen them he seems to have been worked out without their first choice pack.

He just has more to lose than gain by getting into a mud slinging match for with JD. I'm not supporting souffs actions, just think we should have taken the high road on this one.
The benefit for us is a semi final type pressure build up which our young group can only learn from.
Also don't forget we are a full year ahead of where we expected to be because we sacked that old fucker.
Instead of going through the pain of this year in 2020 its already done and we are a year closer to our next premiership. Probably 2021 but maybe next year if we can get a half to improve.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • cento
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.