PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Anytime we get given Ben Cummins or Ashley Klein as referees, we get a refereeing performance like we did on Friday. They are 2 of the most anti bronco referees in the NRL hands down.

Reason I am bringing this up is because have any of you noticed how we barely get Gerard Sutton refereeing us anymore ever since some peanut carried on about how much we win under him and the media jumped all over it?

Social media runs the game, don’t let anything make you think otherwise. The NRL needs a compete overhaul
This not a new thing either. Many years ago the Sydney media called Bill Harrigan 'BRONCO BILLY' in huge headlines because we won more games under him than any other ref.

From that day on Harrigan cheated us every single game. Media pressure did the job. It may have been deliberate or subconsciously done but it was terrible nonetheless. *****.

Last edited:
mna Souths are starting to break to pieces....Burgess and Burns hurt again, Reynolds on one leg.....this game is TOTALLY winnable right here.....man things are slowly looking up for us.....obviously the judiciary results will be important....but lets see...

Also, anyone see Forans game....look we can do a lot worse if the Dogs are prepared to move his contract on.....for the right price he'd be a canny old hand to help guide this forward pack around the field...

I love when halves put backrowers through gaps for line breaks and tries. We at the broncos have been sadly deprived of this nuance play for far far too long.

Last edited:
mna Souths are starting to break to pieces....Burgess and Burns hurt again, Reynolds on one leg.....this game is TOTALLY winnable right here.....man things are slowly looking up for us.....obviously the judiciary results will be important....but lets see...

Also, anyone see Forans game....look we can do a lot worse if the Dogs are prepared to move his contract on.....for the right price he'd be a canny old hand to help guide this forward pack around the field...
Up until now I've refused to comment on all the other candidates suggested that might be worth bringing into our team. However, if we could get Foran with the dogs paying part of his wages I'd snap at the chance. I just think his competitive nature added with his experience would be what we needed to win a GF.

If Dogs were willing to stump up $600k-$650k of his rumoured $1M contract I would look at it. My problem is he is too injury prone to be worth paying more than $400k

I wrote the same thing, weeks and weeks ago because the Dogs have been playing well for quite some time. People on here are delusional if they think the Dogs game is a given. We might be bundled out of qualifying in that game.
Yet it's only us and the roosters that have beaten them since rd 15... and I would say we handled them pretty easily.

Not saying it will be an easy game, because it won't, but our previous game against them handled them easily and yet it was largely shrugged off, because it was "only the dogs"

This game is the only game I give a shit about this season now. I don’t think we are any chance whatsoever in making the GF, so I’m just going to try and enjoy the last part of the season. But I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to beat another side more in regular season! I can’t shake that vision of Wayne laughing his head off in the coaches box. I want payback.

bit like the bulldogs right....be that real irritant to other teams aspirations....yeh fuk it why not..!

If we could drop Shibasaki back to bench and bring Perese to start I would be so happy.
If Shibasaki never played in Broncos colours again, I would be so happy. He’s the Moga of our current crop.

This game is the only game I give a shit about this season now. I don’t think we are any chance whatsoever in making the GF, so I’m just going to try and enjoy the last part of the season. But I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to beat another side more in regular season! I can’t shake that vision of Wayne laughing his head off in the coaches box. I want payback.

What’s actually interesting about this match up is if we were to win, we’d be only 3 points behind Souths with only 1 loss more than them with 2 rounds left to go.

It’s crazy when you look into it because you look at their season in comparison to ours, you’d think they would be a 12 point better team on the ladder.

Especially when you consider their opening half of the season they were 10 from 11 and we were like 4 from 11 I think and then you look at our bumbling season where we have been diabolical in big patches throughout the season with basically one of the worst spines in the comp with no decent attacking structures. Then add on crucial injuries and suspensions, Origin representation, letting rep players go mid season, etc, and as bad as we are playing for the most part, all things considered at least we are competing and doing alright results wise in comparison.

South have had their problems too but if I’m a Souths fan, I’d be alarmed considering how big a point gap they had on us and they’ve had almost the same amount of issues to contend with throughout the season. If anything we have had more excuses then them and they have a far better and settled spine.

You could also argue that both teams have gone backwards after the coaching swap, so for all this talk about we shouldn’t have let go of Bennett, I’d say both coaches are probably both equally below par. Seibold depending on the next 3 weeks can maybe get us as high as 7th which is one place worse than last season for Brisbane and Bennett looks likely to finish 6th when you consider the Eels draw compared to Souths which is 3 places worse than 2018.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It doesn’t excuse our season but I’d argue we have a lot more upside then Souths moving forward if they get blasted out in Week 1 of the finals.

I’d much rather we re-sign Fifita before going after any “name” players regardless of how cheap we might get them.

Agreed. In all honestly we probably shouldn’t be looking at the market until we can move Boyd, Gillett and Macca on to free up significant funds. If Bird gets another long term injury I’d say that’s the end of that experiment too. That’s like $2.5 Million worth of cap we are not getting bigger all value out of.

What a defensive dog's breakfast: Boyd (?), Shiba running around headless, Oates leaving his wing. Three (3) defenders coming in one (1) attacker, leaving the try scorer free Bloody hell, what a shambles
yeah I'd agree with that. I'd actually be more forgiving of darius than the other 3 as he is playing out of position (not that he isn't blameless) but surely this is what our 2nd row, centres, wing train for?
Darius is running from the centre of the field to fill a whole. Its not as if he is slacking off. If you watch fifita there he is probably as culpable as anyone.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.