Round 23 Discussion

Here they go.

3 tries in about 5 minutes.

Suddenly they're taking passes, supporting one another and playing better.

They'll rack up a score but there were some worrying signs in that first half.

Don't forget they are also missing their best and most talented player. They do a better job of playing without him than most other teams do of playing without their main man.

Friend is a loss I suppose.

But that doesn't explain a bunch of their other performances this season.

Not sure if trolling but I was referring to SBW.

If you think about it, I was emphasizing your point if anything.

Still, I don't know if SBW is that big a loss. His form has been mediocre by his lofty standards so far in 2014 & Friend means a lot more to them and would have been a much bigger loss considering the conditions.

Just can't catch a break.

You pick the favorites, they lose. You don't pick them, not only do they win, but they win convincingly.

FMD.

If you tipped the Tigers you need to give yourself an uppercut. Ditto Sharks. I can forgive tipping the Raiders though.

The Tigers SF?!

I knew you were a freak, I didn't know you were THAT much of a freak.

Guess you were pulling for the bounce back factor and the Roosters complacency kicking into over-drive sans Friend & SBW?

You weren't too off in the first half but as Ari said, Roosters are a second half footy team and they just clicked. Crazy how they seem to go off the boil like that. No doubt they've got a premiership winning roster but their respect for the football is shocking. It's not too late to turn it all around and come up smelling roses but they've got to put an 80 minute performance on either the Warriors, Storm or Souths to really flex their muscles.

It's a tough run to the finals, they'll either sink or swim.

I tipped Raiders because of the hoodoo. I tipped Storm.

I tipped Tigers for 2 reasons.

1. I was hoping they would bounce back.
2. Just about every other time I picked the Roosters, they lost.

Roosters and Rabbitohs have fucked me over so many times this year.

Hell, I came close to winning 3k a week after I won the 5k. Unfortunately, I tipped Rabbitohs to beat Tigers and they lost.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, the Tigers play both the Raiders and Sharks in the coming weeks. The Raiders and the Sharks also play each other next week.

The standard of NRL football is about to reach new lows.

Lol at Ricky Stuart. How the **** do all these nuffies keep starting over Vaughan though? I get that he still plays huge minutes, but get him starting, srsly.

There must be plenty of trouble in the Tigers playing group. To get beaten 48-4 after trailing 8-0 is embarrassing and to concede 112 points in 2 games is dire.

As bad as the Tigers were the Roosters were terrific in wet conditions and crucial players are finding form at the right time. The Roosters are still a shot at the premiership.

Warriors lead 10-0 early in the NYC.

Abbey scores his 13th try of the season. Kid is only 17 but has shown plenty of talent.

Now their skipper Sam Lisone scores.

This could be a good result for us, especially if we beat Newcastle next week.

Pretty soft try. Lisone just played on an edge and targeted the Knights rookie halfback.

Knights have done well to hit back here.

They lead 24-22 at HT.

Mamo has been the stand-out player for me. Just a very determined runner, fights in every tackle and he just creates opportunity through a combination of his speed, agility and strength.

Former Bronco Harry Pondekas scored a nice try to make it 22-10, beating 3 Warriors defenders to a Mamo grubber in the in-goal and suffering a concussion in the process.

Newcastle NYC win 40-34.

Dramatic game, sin-bins, spitting allegations and a lot of missed opportunities.

Just thought the Knights showed more grit on their line and NZ were guilty of handing over too much possession at poor times.

Knights are playing a really nice, expansive game here. Running the big Warriors players ragged at the moment.

The Knights are playing well because the refs have penalized the Warriors out of the game.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.