10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
That's concerning news about Cobbo, but I one hundred percent support the club in supporting the player and allowing him to step down. I've seen some gronks on Twitter saying he's just had a break and to toughen up, which is a disappointing reaction.

Obviously no one knows what's behind it, and it could be entirely related to circumstances off the field, but he also copped a terrible injury in Origin and hasn't looked quite the same since, outside the Newcastle game. If he's still feeling side-effects from that or he has dropped confidence a bit and he feels the need for a rest or some space, good on him for asking and good on the Broncos for allowing it.

The other changes are for the better, I feel, but the circumstances are odd. Still, as Wolfie has said every week for time immemorial, I don't see any conceivable way we lose this game.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
If we get beaten here then we could get knocked out of the top 8 by a Ben Hunt field goal next week. I can't think of a single worse outcome.... Unless Jack Bird also scores a double.
How about..... We go to golden point against Dragons. Hunt kicks off and Mam drops it, ruining his confidence for 2 seasons before he takes a huge payday at Storm.

He immediately plays Origin after joining Storm and dominates.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That's concerning news about Cobbo, but I one hundred percent support the club in supporting the player and allowing him to step down. I've seen some gronks on Twitter saying he's just had a break and to toughen up, which is a disappointing reaction.

Obviously no one knows what's behind it, and it could be entirely related to circumstances off the field, but he also copped a terrible injury in Origin and hasn't looked quite the same since, outside the Newcastle game. If he's still feeling side-effects from that or he has dropped confidence a bit and he feels the need for a rest or some space, good on him for asking and good on the Broncos for allowing it.

The other changes are for the better, I feel, but the circumstances are odd. Still, as Wolfie has said every week for time immemorial, I don't see any conceivable way we lose this game.
Didn’t Cobbo miss a week recently due to a family tragedy or some kind? People should leave the kid alone

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
You know what baffles me the most about Kevs selections- James (retiring), Turpin (moving on), Kennedy (moving on). I know there are others but their form warrants selection. All of these guys have other players still contracted for next year who are better. So why would he be selecting these guys and hurting the others development, you want big game players, well they need to play in big games.

I am hoping that Ikin and even DD got involved here because the selections this week look like an absolute cluster **** and doesn't make Kev look confident in his selections at all. I have no idea why he decided to get cute with selections recently.

A big thing for me is rewarding players and to me Palasia has been hard done by. He was very solid in the origin period when Payne and the others were missing. He put in big efforts, cover tackles that previously we only expected Payne to be in the picture for. Than he on their return he get used on the fringe, than for 10 minutes a game and finally to not be in the top squad at all.

This type of nonsense is not good psychology, how do these guys know where they stand. It's the same mistakes he made last year by dropping people randomly while showing loyalty to others with no clear reason. I hope the players know the reason and know what they are supposed to be working on or resting for or whatever the **** but the disjointed footy over the last month resembles the selection, which is obviously a reflection of leadership.

I respect Kev so much for so many reasons but this is a huge area he needs to improve on. He obviously wants to reward Turpin and James for something but does it at the expense of others. It doesn't appear to be effective in regards to getting results.

I am hoping the boys can bring it tomorrow, I really do but after this selection confusion I expect to see more error ridden footy and poor disjointed defense. I hope I am wrong and Kevs a mad genius.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Not sticking up for KW but maybe he just had to throw a team out to meet a deadline and hadn't settled on the replacements of Cobbo, James and Kennedy.
Could be that simple

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Not sticking up for KW but maybe he just had to throw a team out to meet a deadline and hadn't settled on the replacements of Cobbo, James and Kennedy.
Could be that simple

We've all sent that email where we just copied and pasted and then forgot to update the names and dates...

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
We've all sent that email where we just copied and pasted and then forgot to update the names and dates...
Good one😐

If he knew the outs but hadn't settled on the ins for whatever reason WTF does he care releasing an incorrect team.
He updated the team when HE was ready.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You know what baffles me the most about Kevs selections- James (retiring), Turpin (moving on), Kennedy (moving on). I know there are others but their form warrants selection. All of these guys have other players still contracted for next year who are better. So why would he be selecting these guys and hurting the others development, you want big game players, well they need to play in big games.

I am hoping that Ikin and even DD got involved here because the selections this week look like an absolute cluster **** and doesn't make Kev look confident in his selections at all. I have no idea why he decided to get cute with selections recently.

A big thing for me is rewarding players and to me Palasia has been hard done by. He was very solid in the origin period when Payne and the others were missing. He put in big efforts, cover tackles that previously we only expected Payne to be in the picture for. Than he on their return he get used on the fringe, than for 10 minutes a game and finally to not be in the top squad at all.

This type of nonsense is not good psychology, how do these guys know where they stand. It's the same mistakes he made last year by dropping people randomly while showing loyalty to others with no clear reason. I hope the players know the reason and know what they are supposed to be working on or resting for or whatever the **** but the disjointed footy over the last month resembles the selection, which is obviously a reflection of leadership.

I respect Kev so much for so many reasons but this is a huge area he needs to improve on. He obviously wants to reward Turpin and James for something but does it at the expense of others. It doesn't appear to be effective in regards to getting results.

I am hoping the boys can bring it tomorrow, I really do but after this selection confusion I expect to see more error ridden footy and poor disjointed defense. I hope I am wrong and Kevs a mad genius.
Why are you including Kennedy? I have to ask, have you had a look at RK's stats, the thing by which we measure all of our players? Very very few errors, penalties or six agains and way more metres and better tackle efficiency than most. He's been good this year, something like a 10% improvement right across all his stats on 21 and he wasn't bad that year either. I don’t believe he's blocking anyone better and he's outperformed most other 'bench' forwards. We have our best chance with him in the squad, at this time.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Could be that simple

They all couldn't get through today which was always the deadline.

Rabs

Rabs

BRL Player
Jul 21, 2022
For Cobbo to put his hand up and say i need a break but will play in lower grades and will be back in firsts next week as one of the Broncs best and a rep player when the finals are at risk has a heap of question marks over it, you all know how this goes, the coach always says nothing to see here.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Why are you including Kennedy? I have to ask, have you had a look at RK's stats, the thing by which we measure all of our players? Very very few errors, penalties or six agains and way more metres and better tackle efficiency than most. He's been good this year, something like a 10% improvement right across all his stats on 21 and he wasn't bad that year either. I don’t believe he's blocking anyone better and he's outperformed most other 'bench' forwards. We have our best chance with him in the squad, at this time.
GO POTATO!!!! :rofl :rofl

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
For Cobbo to put his hand up and say i need a break but will play in lower grades and will be back in firsts next week as one of the Broncs best and a rep player when the finals are at risk has a heap of question marks over it, you all know how this goes, the coach always says nothing to see here.

Everything I've seen says he's being rested entirely, not playing in Cup. Have you seen something different?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
A big thing for me is rewarding players and to me Palasia has been hard done by. He was very solid in the origin period when Payne and the others were missing. He put in big efforts, cover tackles that previously we only expected Payne to be in the picture for.
He did play well in round 17 and 18 or he most certainly put in a solid, if unspectacular performance. He had good support too and the team as a whole went quite well.

His stats were very solid as you say. 157 m from 60

Against the Saints he had James's disgraceful 74/38, Hosking 152/80, Riki 106/80, and Hetherington 142/70.

Aside from James Palasia had a goer team around him round 17. First gamer Willison had 60/20 and RK had a fabulous 134/29.

The backs were the beneficiaries of the good work most of the forwards contributed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.