14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Palasia
17. Hoskings

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I believe Kevvie says here he is playing lower grade.

Walters spoke to the media on Tuesday to clear up that Cobbo had not been dropped — instead he will be rested after raising his concerns to the coach this week.

Asked if there were any disciplinary issues behind Cobbo’s absence, Walters said: “No, nothing there. He’s just fatigued.

“He’s a young fella, he’s had a big season with Origin and the like. He should be right for next week against the Dragons but this week we’ll give him a spell and get him right for next week,” he added.

Walters confirmed Cobbo’s rest has nothing to do with concussion, reiterating that “he’s just genuinely fatigued, he’s a young bloke and as I said he’s had a big season... he’s just a bit tired.”

“It shows how honest Selwyn is with himself and the club so it’s a big call but those calls have got to be made,” Walters added.

The Broncos are sitting eighth and need to win their final two games to guarantee a finals spot, but even so, Walters said it wasn’t a hard decision to sit Cobbo out of Thursday’s game against the fifth-placed Eels.

“We always our players’ interests at heart and what’s best for the player,” he said.

“He just didn’t come up to where he needed to be this week so we’ll leave him out and give him a spell.”

I can't see anything in there that says he'll be playing and not resting this week.

Rabs

Rabs

BRL Player
Jul 21, 2022
Ooops could be my mistake, listening again Kevvie says " he is with the reserves today", i mistakenly took it that he would be playing with them..

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I give a big thumbs up to Walters for the tough decisions his made, but I say he had pressure on him to make the changes. They were all correctly made and I believe Cobbo having the week off is a tough but ok choice. Keep him fresh for the run home and away from a hard machine like Sivo. Cobbo is only young and he needs to be maintained early in his career. I am still disappointed that Paix is left out of the side, though he may just be rested for this week and brought back ready and willing next weekend.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So Kevvie decides to manage the players now? Why not several weeks ago when it was clear they were fatigued?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Screw that, this just makes his selections even stupider.

Cobbo (along with Oates) were our only half decent players last week
I thought Hoeter was okay too.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Walters:
“Kotoni was disappointed with his performance against the Storm. I expect him to bounce back. He is one of our leaders and players we look to at certain times. He needs to be that player for us and I’m sure he will be. This group has a lot of pride. What happened the other night really hurt so we put it in the bin and we’ve moved on. Kotoni would agree he needs to be better for us and he will be on Thursday night.”​
“It’s a mental thing, they’ve got to get their thoughts correct. We had Parramatta on a five-day turnaround after playing the Titans on a Saturday night then backed it up on the Thursday with travel. These guys will be fine, they will be up for the fight. They have been all year and I don’t see why they wouldn’t be on Thursday night. The Eels have come back into the fold in the last couple of weeks. They’ve been a good side for a long time now. They are big and physical so we need to match that with them.”​

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Hosking should start over Riki. I know he's going to Penrith next year but he was pretty solid in his two games with 150m and 35 tackles both times.

Something tells me it won't be long before he starts for the riff.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Hosking should start over Riki. I know he's going to Penrith next year but he was pretty solid in his two games with 150m and 35 tackles both times.

Something tells me it won't be long before he starts for the riff.
It's basically Him vs Garner next year for Kikau's spot, my money is he will be starting games in the backrow for them maybe from even round 1.

C

cento

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
Cobbo getting dropped better not have anything to do with storm announcement today

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Cobbo getting dropped better not have anything to do with storm announcement today
If Cobbo asked for a release with the amount of media snitches in our club, we would know even before Cobbo.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If Cobbo asked for a release with the amount of media snitches in our club, we would know even before Cobbo.

Yeah a popular name like Cobbo, there’s no way the media don’t hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.