10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Why are you including Kennedy? I have to ask, have you had a look at RK's stats, the thing by which we measure all of our players? Very very few errors, penalties or six agains and way more metres and better tackle efficiency than most. He's been good this year, something like a 10% improvement right across all his stats on 21 and he wasn't bad that year either. I don’t believe he's blocking anyone better and he's outperformed most other 'bench' forwards. We have our best chance with him in the squad, at this time.
I am not a stats man, there is more to the game and personally don't have that much against Kennedy. I see more reason to keep a guy like Palasia in the squad for the reason I outlined. I rate him more and he put in for us when we needed him and Kennedy will be moving on and offers nothing over him.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Well evidently not, he was solely responsible for the thrashing don't you know? Just ask Kevvie.
What would he say to those who have just been pulled.
- Sorry mate, I’m playing ducks and drakes.
- Sorry mate, I’ve changed my mind.
- Sorry mate, I’ve had second thoughts.
- Sorry mate, I fucked up.
Lol.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Well evidently not, he was solely responsible for the thrashing don't you know? Just ask Kevvie.
Lee was meant to play last week and Hoeter has consistently played on the left, hence Pereira taking Cobbo's wing . but hey don't let that stop the hating 🤙

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Screw that, this just makes his selections even stupider.

Cobbo (along with Oates) were our only half decent players last week and Cobbo is essentially dropped?
But leave that aside for a minute, so he knows apparently he is going to ‘rest’ Selwyn but names him anyway?

Ryan James has a broken finger(nail) and yet he picks him anyway? And Kennedy is dropped for what reason exactly AFTER being named?

So already 3 players in the extended squad are used within 18 hours of naming the squad? What the heck man!

You should probably read why he's out before coming to the conclusion that he has been dropped, apparently Selwyn requested it himself. No reason they'd make that up

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
by the way, the Broncos website have Kobe starting

Broncos v Eels | Thur 25 Aug​

1 Te Maire Martin

2 Corey Oates

3 Kotoni Staggs

4 Brenko Lee

19 Jordan Pereira

6 Ezra Mam

7 Adam Reynolds ©

8 Thomas Flegler

9 Jake Turpin

10 Payne Haas

11 Kurt Capewell

12 Jordan Riki

15 Kobe Hetherington

Interchange​

14 Billy Walters

16 Corey Jensen

21 Keenan Palasia

22 Zac Hosking

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Lee was meant to play last week and Hoeter has consistently played on the left, hence Pereira taking Cobbo's wing . but hey don't let that stop the hating 🤙

So you've been happy with James?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
So you've been happy with James?
haven't been happy with alot of players including some of our stars reynolds, staggs, hass and Capewell to be specific. it's footy we've lost confidence but I'm much happy then last year.
people are just unrealistic with their expectations and get blinkers but reality is we're still rebuilding.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Jensen starting at lock? I highly doubt it.
FB IMG 1661336725449

Reactions: Dee
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

But Turpin's poor service out of dummy half, his lack of running, his lack of vision and game awareness is all good, is it Kev? He doesn't need to work on those, but Paix is being punished for not being a tackle bot like Turpin.

It's either he's got rocks in his head, or he's feeding us some bullshit and there's something else going on.

He surely can't be that oblivious, can he? A couple of bad tackles is going to hurt us less than our lack of spark out of dummy half.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I am not a stats man, there is more to the game and personally don't have that much against Kennedy. I see more reason to keep a guy like Palasia in the squad for the reason I outlined. I rate him more and he put in for us when we needed him and Kennedy will be moving on and offers nothing over him.
Oh, I see your point but Palasia is pretty beaten up. He's definitely struggling a bit lately but he's certainly a good solid first grader. Yes, he's staying but he's not quite the metre gainer, tackling machine you might say. There really isn't that much more to the game than the evidence of their efforts.

Stats apply to everyone, no fear or favour and you would expect the best to have good stats and so it is. That's exactly what the stats show, consistency or lack thereof. Wasn't that the basis of that Moneyball movie, the players with the best stats over the distance?

Palasia did put in for us over the games Haas and co were out but make no mistake, he didn't do it alone. If RK had the minutes Palasia got that night he would have easily surpassed 200 metres, easily.

I like Palasia but please, don't be like the other nongs with their bullshit outright lies about errors, penalties and 6 agains for RK.
Anyway Palasia is sticking around and I'm looking forward to more from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.