Round 24 - Broncos vs Knights - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence mate but if all there was to fullback was catching and running Hoffman would be one of the best fullbacks in the comp

That's rubbish. All of our playmaking outside of hunt was coming from barba when he was at fullback.

In regards to Hoffman he has been criticised for only being able to catch and run and has no ability to create. So you wish to combat this by placing someone there that can catch and run (although slower than Hoffman) who has no playmaking ability to speak of?

Okie dokie

Yet we still pick him at fullback and five-eight.. We all copped it calling for Nikorima in the team because he wasn't ready. Obviously he still isn't. So who is next? I don't want Hodges at fullback because he stifles our attack most of the time.

Yeah I forgot the two tries he set up, my bad.

Yet we still pick him at fullback and five-eight.. We all copped it calling for Nikorima in the team because he wasn't ready. Obviously he still isn't. So who is next? I don't want Hodges at fullback because he stifles our attack most of the time.

every time he is playing fullback over the last couple of years, or even given a roaming role, like late last year when he was switching with Hoffman, he seems to lift his game. and pick his times better (as well as picking the right option most of the time.)

If we were to pick Oates at fullback we may as well just hand the Knights a head start. and even Griffin isn't that stupid.

Hodges and Gillett are the same. Can be deadly in structured play, but often dance around trying to create something from nothing.

The halves and/or the coach need to tell them to stop it with that shit. Grow some balls.

He set up more than two tries but I'm not going to get into a war over semantics.

I don't get your logic. Basically your saying that because Griffin is a shit coach we might as well go full retard for shits and giggles?

He set up more than two tries but I'm not going to get into a war over semantics.

I don't get your logic. Basically your saying that because Griffin is a shit coach we might as well go full retard for shits and giggles?

It's the Broncos way lately.

I would prefer Maranta goes to fullback.

Unfortunately, that would force Reed or Copley on the wing, but I would prefer that to happen then Oates being moved to fullback.

Oates is a second rower. It should stay that way.

How is it full retard? Selecting Hodges at fullback means Reed goes back into the centres, Maranta and Vidot on the wings and Oates getting his 5-10 minutes off the bench whilst we're in defense. We may as well be giving he Knights a head start...

Hodges should have been our fullback every since KHunt left the club. I know early season injuries probably prevented this from happening at the time, but it is really his best position. He's going to be selected in the team, whether or not he will get through the game un-injured should not be taken into account. His best position is fullback so he should be selected there.

Broncos have a good chance of making the 8 this week.

Warriors and Eels have tough games. Warriors going up against Roosters and Eels going up against Manly.

Hopefully Roosters dish out the same performance and Broncos beat Knights by a good margin.

Last edited:
How is it full retard? Selecting Hodges at fullback means Reed goes back into the centres, Maranta and Vidot on the wings and Oates getting his 5-10 minutes off the bench whilst we're in defense. We may as well be giving he Knights a head start...

I not same massive Reed fanboy, but suggesting that his inclusion at centre is a worse idea than Oates at fullback is whack.

Oates isn't a fucking fullback. I don't know how else to put it. Why arent you calling for McGuire at 6?

Oates at fullback :/

Seriously dude?

Not sure about FB but I think Oates could have been a damaging centre for a couple of years, he certainly showed he was no slouch in his few games on the wing and he'd be a powerful runner out wide.

1. Lachlan Maranta, 2. Daniel Vidot, 3. Jack Reed, 4. Justin Hodges, 5. Dale Copley, 6. Ben Barba, 7. Ben Hunt, 8. Josh McGuire, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Corey Parker, 11. Alex Glenn, 12. Matt Gillett, 13. Sam Thaiday. Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace, 15. Martin Kennedy, 16. Ben Hannant, 17. Corey Oates.

Lol.

Reed at centre, Copley on the wing. **** you griffin you dirty piece of shit I hope someone punches you in the throat. Get used to asking people if the want fries with that you dopey old ****

I can only assume Maranta will play fullback in defence, and Hodges will take over in attack.

I not same massive Reed fanboy, but suggesting that his inclusion at centre is a worse idea than Oates at fullback is whack.

Oates isn't a fucking fullback. I don't know how else to put it. Why arent you calling for McGuire at 6?

Because that is actually full retard. Again, Oates was a try scoring machine on the wing last year but has been moved to the bench and gets 5-10 minutes a game. Our other fullback options have no play making ability either. Maranta, Hoffman, Hodges.. Oates is fast, strong, huge, can catch a high ball, can defend. Yeah I get that he wouldn't be seen as an option normally, but I felt as though if he was given a shot there he would do well. Physically he is of the Inglis, Hayne mould and it would help us fit our best 17 on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.