Round 24 Discussion

I made a comment earlier in the year that if you're ever upset about the way Broncos are going, just look at the Eels and it will make you feel better.

Boy, was I wrong...

Well, we are pretty much realistically out of the finals contention now.

Great win to Parramatta.

Didn't know if they could get the job done tonight. They seemed out of their element in the first half and I thought after the Sandow No-Try they would have let that disappointment get the best of them but they really rose to the occasion and put in a great half of footy.

Issac De Gois as MotM was an interesting choice. Made a few good choices in the second half but I would have given it to Hayne myself. I thought he came up with a lot of their big plays and was the difference between both teams.

Even Chrissy Sandow would have been worth a shout. I'm not his biggest fan but his kicking game was largely on point and I thought he held his own defensively too.

As for Manly...

I just think they got a taste of their own medicine tonight. Another team turned the heat up on them, refused to go away and they wilted. It's pretty simple stuff but it's amazing to see how teams seem to wilt and do stupid things when they come up against them.

Oh and...

that Chris Sandow No Try was disgraceful.

I have no idea how these video referees make the mistakes they do.

I'm not sure if it was Patten in the vid ref box, but I wouldn't be surprised, since he's as shit as video ref as he was a player.

Patten was ......he's fucken hopeless or a cheat.

Also......Hopaote's should have been an 8 point try.

I don't understand how it wasn't?

As far as I know, this is the rule right here.

http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEditor/Documents/NRL13_0408_2013 NRL Law Book_FA.pdf

Unless they changed the rule in 2014 or this rulebook is a joke, I don't understand why Sandow wasn't allowed to kick that from in-front.

Possible Eight Point Try

If a player fouls an opponent who is touching down for a try, a penalty kick at goal shall be taken from
in front of the goal posts after the attempt to convert the try.
Section 13 (9)
Touching down includes:
A. In the act of scoring; and
B. Until the try scorer regains his feet

Last edited:
It seems they only award the 8 point try if the foul play stops a player from scoring.

It's a lottery with these refs.

It seems they only award the 8 point try if the foul play stops a player from scoring.

I don't believe it is possible for an 8 point try to exist in your scenario. The player has to successfully score for the penalty goal attempt to proceed, otherwise what you have is a conversion attempt from in front.

The last 8 point try I can remember this year was for the Warriors back in the opening weeks, might have been agains the Dragons.

Awesome win by Parramatta I thought Manly were cruising to victory at halftime but the Eels came out after halftime and played superbly and put the Sea Eagles of their game.

I'm not sure if it was Patten in the vid ref box, but I wouldn't be surprised, since he's as **** as video ref as he was a player.

I always thought Patten was a pretty good player unlucky not to play Origin at some point to say he was shit is off the mark. That call against Sandow though was an absolute joke and pathetic, no wonder players and coaches get so frustrated with referees.

Well, we are pretty much realistically out of the finals contention now.
Not really, should games go to form Souths will dish up the Cows and the Roosters should get the wobbly Warriors . If we should win against the Knights our lot will be much improved.

NQ have a differential that is 110 better than us, are 2pts ahead of us and have fixtures against Souths, Sharks and Manly to come, the latter two at home.

We have the Knights, Dragons and Storm, the first two at home but crucially the last one away.

To finish ahead of NQ, we need to claim 3pts more than them, which essentially means we have to beat the Storm in Melb or the Sharks beat NQ in NQ. And even then, you have to assume NQ lose to Manly at home and we also beat the Knights and Dragons.

The chances of us finishing ahead NQ are basically 1%. '

Warriors have a 25pt differential better than us. They have the Roosters and Titans at home and then Penrith away. If the Roosters win this week, and we win by enough, then if the Panthers beat the Warriors we can possibly lose to the Storm by a narrow enough margin that we make it.

It is a hell of a lot to ask. If the Warriors beat the Roosters than it becomes an impossible ask.

Broncos are fucked.

They were fucked when they lost to Rabbitohs. They had to win that game.

Thanks for nothing Manly !!

Anybody think that Hayne will have a case to answer with regards to the alleged headbutt ?

I can see where he might argue that it wasn't intentional...but it looked pretty deliberate to me.

That's a penalty try. An 8 point try is when they do score but are fouled during or immediately after scoring. Which was exactly what happened.

Terry Campese is about to run around in the NSW Cup on Fox. Capewell is also playing at 5/8 for the Panthers.

Nice try there to Capewell. He looks to be quite porky around the belly to me. He hasn't always been like that, has he?

Poor old Campo. Doesn't really look up to NSW Cup standard...

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • pennywisealfie
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • DMZ
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.