Round 24 Discussion

This is the loss they had to have.
great stuff by the cowboys though, their defence AND attack was pure class.

That performance by the Cowboys is a performance that wins premierships. A balanced playing line up all chipping in and doing their part and everyone playing their part for the full 80 minutes. Quality performance against a quality opponent, the Cowboys made the Rabbitohs look 2nd rate. Still have got some doubts over both sides their for the title hopes though.

Souths title hopes will be rocked by A.Reynolds injury if he is out long term that will rock them badly.

I've noticed Lui has been getting his hands on the ball more and taking more responsibility in attack this year.

I wonder if that's the Cowboys trying to change their ways and not rely so heavily on Thurston. I must say, it's working. Thurston isn't trying as hard as he would have in previous years and his form is great.

However, I just cannot see Cowboys winning the premiership this year. Not enough quality players in their squad imo.

Last edited:
Warriors are an absolute rabble today. They're going to lose by some margin and you can put a line through them for the finals now IMO.

I've noticed Lui has been getting his hands on the ball more and taking more responsibility in attack this year.

I wonder if that's the Cowboys trying to change their ways and not rely so heavily on Thurston. I must say, it's working. Thurston isn't trying as hard as he would have in previous years and his form is great.

However, I just cannot see Cowboys winning the premiership this year. Not enough quality players in their squad imo.

Agree, they're just a couple of pieces short imo ... Lui has been great for them as you said, as much for the fact that he's just getting his hands on the ball more in attack and taking a lot of the focus off Thurston.

I've always thought the cowboys' achilles heel was their propensity to shoot themselves in the foot with soft errors but they were lights out in that regard last night..

This is why I chuckle when people make bold predictions about the Warriors .. Sure they're a big scary looking side for ten or so weeks every year when their tails are up, but they just don't have the football smarts or the mental toughness to be a serious threat.

and they prove this year after year.

Some incredibly bad kicks by Milford so far.

Watching Milford in the halves is just painful, and after Hodgeos performance at the back yesterday....I dunno man

This whole game is painful. Between this and scooping my eyes out with a melon baller, it's a close contest.

Wouldn't read too much into Milford at 6 with the Raiders. Terrible side, terrible coaching. Kid is gifted and has proven it, get him here and we'll find a place for him to shine.

The Warriors were hopeless after the break no doubt but the Roosters key players are finding form and I still believe the Roosters are a shot at the title.

This is why I chuckle when people make bold predictions about the Warriors .. Sure they're a big scary looking side for ten or so weeks every year when their tails are up, but they just don't have the football smarts or the mental toughness to be a serious threat.

and they prove this year after year.

My dad watched a little bit of the game and he thinks the Warriors will never win a premiership. I believe they will at some point but as you said they need to work on their footy smarts and mental strength. The talent is there though.

Last edited:
Gee the Raiders v Sharks game has reached the lofty heights of a cripple fight

I wouldn't judge Milford on this season, it's obvious that he's clocked off somewhat. He'll be quality for us at FB with good players around him.

I retract my statement regarding Milf. He's decided to do something

**** the sharks.useless pricks

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.