vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the BOM our game will be played in weather that will have- high (80%) chance of showers. Winds southerly 25 to 35 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures between 10 and 15.

Does not sound even remotely like conducive weather for our much sought after high score. Wet weather footy is invariably a low scoring affair. Still, anything is possible with these guys.

I think I'll just need to make do with our boys getting a well earned win and seeing Piakura produce a MOM performance on his debut.
Our ball handling is horrible on a dry track.

At least Riki isn’t playing
But I rate Riki. let's not forget when we were struggling he was the first to stand up and strongly support sticking with the club. I think even when he had busted ribs he still suited up for us, and if Reyno stops throwing him shocking hospital passes he'd not only save his ribs, he'd score a few more.

Too many people on BHQ have picked Riki as a scapegoat. His meteres gained and tackle efficiency far exceed Capewell. And what no one ever mentions is Riki has only scored one less try than Staggs for the season. That last stat right there is pretty telling.

Despite getting Paddy back in the middle, we will miss Riki's defence out wide today.

All 3 have been ordinary .

Capewell / Staggs / Riki .

Capewell is definitely not the buy of the season on field . He may have shown young blokes how to prepare for games , but hasn`t set the world on fire .

Staggs over rated . Can`t pass , can`t kick . Lacking as a centre .

Riki never was .

But I rate Riki. let's not forget when we were struggling he was the first to stand up and strongly support sticking with the club. I think even when he had busted ribs he still suited up for us, and if Reyno stops throwing him shocking hospital passes he'd not only save his ribs, he'd score a few more.

Too many people on BHQ have picked Riki as a scapegoat. His meteres gained and tackle efficiency far exceed Capewell. And what no one ever mentions is Riki has only scored one less try than Staggs for the season. That last stat right there is pretty telling.

Despite getting Paddy back in the middle, we will miss Riki's defence out wide today.
The word scapegoat gets used around here so often it’s lost all meaning.

Staggs has been poor too, so has Capewell recently. Riki has trouble holding onto the ball - that’s not scapegoating

The word scapegoat gets used around here so often it’s lost all meaning.

Staggs has been poor too, so has Capewell recently. Riki has trouble holding onto the ball - that’s not scapegoating
As I said the situations he is in when the ball is passed to him suggests otherwise.

When I mentioned scapegoat, I was not referring to you directly, I was highlighting how he has been (in my opinion) too harshly judged on here by many and the term fits the situation I speak of. He's been wrongly singled out as a major problem in our defence, when it is the exact opposite.

As I said the situations he is in when the ball is passed to him suggests otherwise.

When I mentioned scapegoat, I was not referring to you directly, I was highlighting how he has been (in my opinion) too harshly judged on here by many and the term fits the situation I speak of. He's been wrongly singled out as a major problem in our defence, when it is the exact opposite.
I don’t think he’s a major problem in our defence. He has improved quite a bit in that regard.

He used to have moments where he’d clock off around the ruck and it would result in tries on our line or line breaks/big metres. I think he’s been pretty defensively sound lately.

I’m not sure he needs to be played 80 minutes each week though. I think if Kev is going to burn a bench spot on someone like Kennedy playing 8 minutes, it would be better served giving Riki a spell for Robati or Piakura.

My biggest gripe with Riki is that he has a lot of unforced or simple errors. Yeah he drops the odd bad hospital pass but he also drops it on standard hit ups and the ones that kill me most is his errors when playing the ball.

I don’t think he’s a major problem in our defence. He has improved quite a bit in that regard.

He used to have moments where he’d clock off around the ruck and it would result in tries on our line or line breaks/big metres. I think he’s been pretty defensively sound lately.

I’m not sure he needs to be played 80 minutes each week though. I think if Kev is going to burn a bench spot on someone like Kennedy playing 8 minutes, it would be better served giving Riki a spell for Robati or Piakura.

My biggest gripe with Riki is that he has a lot of unforced or simple errors. Yeah he drops the odd bad hospital pass but he also drops it on standard hit ups and the ones that kill me most is his errors when playing the ball.
I have to agree I don't see him as an 80 minute player at the moment. we would be better served rotating TC, Piakura and RIki both in bench rotation and actual games played throughout the year.

I think they are all ineligible for origin (not sure) but it would mean they share the season's workload and we avoid this 'red lining ' towards the end of the season that a few pundits are putting forward as to why we fell off the cliff.

He has defended ok / good .
Attack has been non existant . Compared to 2nd rowers of other teams he is no threat .

He has defended ok / good .
Attack has been non existant . Compared to 2nd rowers of other teams he is no threat .
I'd hardly say non-existant my friend when he is only one less try than our super star centre Staggs.

I'd hardly say non-existant my friend when he is only one less try than our super star centre Staggs.

The super star centre has been far below super star form so I wouldn`t be gloating about his stats .

I was comparing Riki to opposition 2nd rowers .
You know the ones busting up other teams for tries and try assists ?

The super star centre has been far below super star form so I wouldn`t be gloating about his stats .
I am not 'gloating' about his stats. I'm simply highlighting that his attack has yieleded only one less try than our centre so which planet would you say that was 'non-existent'. If you dialed down the hyperbole it would be appreciated.

I'm simply highlighting that his attack has yieleded only one less try than our centre so which planet would you say that was 'non-existent'.
And all that does is highlight how poor both of them have been this year.

Both have talent. Neither living up to it.

And all that does is highlight how poor both of them have been this year.
Be that as it may. The point I was addressing was that his attack was "non-existent". Which is demonstrably incorrect.

I definitely remember him mentioning it in an interview, but can't find the video. The report below has some quotes from him saying that's his intention.

I remember Freddie i think it was interviewing him after a game ( cant remember which one ) and he said in that he wanted to play fullback.

Wonder if there will be any fallout from the latest act of stupidity from that **** Payne Haas. I doubt anything will happen today, and in the scheme of things in isolation its not overly bad, but its not a good look and i reckon the NRL will be getting in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • cento
  • bb_gun
  • bazza
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.