Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Yep that has to be the goal.
Lose and we play Panthers away
Win by 2 and we play St George away
Win by 24 and we play St George at home
Win by 33 and we play Warriors at home
A tie in for/against goes to the side with better attack, which is us, so the margins are actually 1, 23 and 32. Possibly meaningless distinctions, but if we are up by 22 with 3 minutes to go I want Alfie in everyone's ear that a field goal secures a home final.

Also, if we have a sideline conversion late in the game while up by 30, maybe Isaako should consider coming down with cramp.

Trying to win by 24 will have them forcing passes and attempting plays without building enough momentum in the middle. It’s the sort of play that we’ve expected to be able to do against the lesser teams and it’s why it’s backfired spectacularly.

Instead of chasing points, we need to chase momentum, possession and field position. The points will come.

Also, if we have a sideline conversion late in the game while up by 30, maybe Isaako should consider coming down with cramp.
No that would be a perfect time for Thaiday to get a last hurrah with a conversion

If we win, we end up on Storm’s side of the draw so it looks like we will be playing them to make the GF if we make it that far unless they lose their first game.

You would sellout Suncorp stadium easily if the Broncos hosted the Dragons in a finals match, the chance to kick Hunt and his Dragons out of the finals? Yeah wouldn't take much for tickets to sell out quick.

If we win, we end up on Storm’s side of the draw so it looks like we will be playing them to make the GF if we make it that far unless they lose their first game.

Playing the Storm any time before the Grand Final is pretty much suicide IMO. They are our biggest bogey side ever, best to go all out in the GF, rather than burning out before.

Last edited:
Playing the Storm any time before the Grand Final is pretty much suicide IMO. They are our biggest bogey side ever, best to go all out in the GF, rather than burning out before.

I don’t know if I could take another Grand Final loss, especially to the Storm.

And with Billy retiring oh boy will they lift for this Grand Final (assuming they make it). Wouldn't it be quite ironic that if we met the Storm during the finals, Ashton's brother Korbin won it for us(after the 2008 Ashton Sims drop ball against the Storm).

Last edited:
Not now as Chooks are minor premiers. So if we get through first game then aren't we away to loser of Storm Bunnies. Then its the winner of Chooks Sharks for place in GF probably v Storm. Lets not **** it up tomoz. Confident against Dragons home or away.

You don't know or you don't want to remember?

images

Manly are capable on their day. I think we'll win a close one personally.

Manly are capable on their day. I think we'll win a close one personally.
I agree, this winning by 30+ rubbish being bandied about is complete fantasy. I'll settle for a victory and see where it takes them.

I agree, this winning by 30+ rubbish being bandied about is complete fantasy. I'll settle for a victory and see where it takes them.

And Manly will get up for playing in front of a decent Suncorp crowd like earlier in the season. In saying that I think we still win 1-12.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • NSW stables
  • Manlyman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.