Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Toovey reckons Ballin, King & Buhrer will be fit.

Wolfman likely won't be.

Bugger.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
You may find this hard to believe about a Manly player but.... Tony Williams was found to have no case to answer.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Will be announced shortly I'd imagine, Mini's just been charged.

EDIT: Well, there you go, cheers Dex.

Looking at what Toovey actually said, I still think all those players are in some doubt. Just sounds like the typical coach diagnosis, remember when Hook reckon Locky would be right straight after the Dragons final? :laugh:

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah, Ballin would be in most doubt I reckon, calf injuries usually need a rest because if you do it properly it'll cost you a month.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Where do ya'll think Hoffy's heads at?

Happy to be in the side, wherever, or pissed off because one of the worst performing players in the team has displaced him (essentially because he was late for one training session)?

The Broncs first try Norman at second man to Hodges was ****ing vintage and I'd hope we keep him there.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
..and could be boosted by the returns of forwards Josh McGuire (eye) and Alex Glenn (hamstring).

"Those guys will have to prove their fitness through the week. There's no guarantees at the moment for spots in our team but, if they're fit enough to play, I imagine they'll play," said Thaiday.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
..and could be boosted by the returns of forwards Josh McGuire (eye) and Alex Glenn (hamstring).

"Those guys will have to prove their fitness through the week. There's no guarantees at the moment for spots in our team but, if they're fit enough to play, I imagine they'll play," said Thaiday.

That would be epic.

Te'o, McGuire and Gillett off the bench and we are a major force.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not exactly sure how McGuire will have to prove his fitness...I'd imagine it's either safe for him to play, or there's a risk. Maybe an eye exam?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I'm not exactly sure how McGuire will have to prove his fitness...I'd imagine it's either safe for him to play, or there's a risk. Maybe an eye exam?

IIRC, his current eye injury (a burst blood vessell?) is different to his major one (detached retina) and perhaps only marginally likely to cause an increased risk of a further detached retina. That is, unless his whole eye is 100% there is an increased danger that his detached retina will get re-injured and no-one wants that at any cost.

Can he wear something like this (I've seen better ones these days)

Attachments

• 221325_display_image.jpg
    221325_display_image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 132
Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Where do ya'll think Hoffy's heads at?

Happy to be in the side, wherever, or pissed off because one of the worst performing players in the team has displaced him (essentially because he was late for one training session)?

The Broncs first try Norman at second man to Hodges was ****ing vintage and I'd hope we keep him there.

Hoffman was just as bad if not worse in attack than Norman, kent needs to cop it sweet and if he is lucky he might nab a centre spot when Justin is gone.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Or like this:

Attachments

• slide_223839_927960_free.jpg
    slide_223839_927960_free.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 54
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
just tell mcguire to close his eyes and keep pumpin the legs!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That would be epic.

Te'o, McGuire and Gillett off the bench and we are a major force.

Yes but according to some even at our best we're no chance so what are you excited about?

Hehe... Just kidding. It would be great to have all 3, it would mean our team won't turn to shit when our starting props are replaced.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I really hope McGuire is back.

I'd play him for 80 and just manage Petero/Hannant/Dodds to fit in around him.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
well the wolfman is out. surgery and six months on the sidelines.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd say he would have been the least of our worries though, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Midean
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.