Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane basically only need 16 players at this strength.

Dodds would be my preference but honestly, couldn't give a rats really.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
I'd go for Dodds too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Hook will keep Capewell on the bench

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I'd go for Dodds too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Hook will keep Capewell on the bench

I hope not, Glenn or Parker can cover that short stint in at dummy half if McCullough has to go off for 10 to have a breather.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
As Pete said, at full strength and fitness, that last player is just filler. So I don't really care if Capewell fills it, at least he can cover the backs.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
It's very hard not to get your hopes up when Brisbane line up a full strength team.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is one game where missed tackles will cost us dearly.

Manly have so much speed and mobility on the fringe and beyond, and lateral defence in the middle has to be spot on as well,
and they are peaking at the right time.

For mine, this is a game against the (my) premiership favourites

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So awesome to have McGuire and Glenn back.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
For mine, this is a game against the (my) premiership favourites

100% agree. manly have been favourites for the last two months in my eyes. people were questioning them when they were losing games but it was clear that once they got their full compliment back on the park they were going to be a force. they've done it all before.

people have been talking about how manly havent had a full strength team since round 1 until last week. well have we? this week is as close as we will get barring yow yeh.

im excited.

Last edited:
I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
I love the way Dodds tackles so he'd get the nod from me. Whoever it is wont be getting more than 10 minutes ggame time

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I love the way Dodds tackles so he'd get the nod from me. Whoever it is wont be getting more than 10 minutes ggame time

Big improver.....starting to really nail a couple.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Big improver.....starting to really nail a couple.

Have you not watched him before? His defence has always been strong. He was one of our strongest middle men at some points of the last 2 seasons. Just needs to improve his ball carry.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Uh-oh, hopefuly Gillett's defensive issues dont get in the way.
Gillett was very good last week in defense, unlike the Dogs game where he showed good value in attack early on, until he went to poo with the rest of the team... Let's hope he keeps improving and goes back to his best.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Uh-oh, hopefuly Gillett's defensive issues dont get in the way.

Absolutely, and it applies equally to EVERY player. Last week I think it was "only" 16 missed tackles which is a great improvement, and reflected the closeness of the scoreline. But, it has to be better on Friday AND we need to match Manly point for point.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
man i reckon you'd be hard pressed to find a game where a team missed 16 tackles or less and still lost the game.

EDIT: just had a look and our final stats were updated to 24 missed.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Absolutely, and it applies equally to EVERY player. Last week I think it was "only" 16 missed tackles which is a great improvement, and reflected the closeness of the scoreline. But, it has to be better on Friday AND we need to match Manly point for point.

No, I don't like the idea of a draw :D

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i was just thinking about how the medias been a bit quieter about the broncos this week, at least in comparison to the last two.

just logged on to nrl.com to see the broncos have gone behind "closed doors". already in sydney - interesting.

edit: seems its already been mentioned in the other thread :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Scdeac
  • Old Mate
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.