Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nightmare game to tip we look so close to a win and quality ins. They are at home but have guys out or hurt and are on a short turnaround. Im winning the work comp but with 2 rounds left games like this are huge, will probably tip Broncos due to loyalty in a 50-50 game.

Yep Manly will probably go in as deserved favourites but I'm more confident about our chances this week than the last two weeks. We're building and are due for a good performance. Of course the test will be whether we can maintain it for 80 minutes. Against Manly at Brookvale anything less won't be enough to win.

Im winning the work comp but with 2 rounds left games like this are huge, will probably tip Broncos due to loyalty in a 50-50 game.

haha nice. i'm one behind the leader in ours. got one back on the panthers last week, but its crunch time now. 400 bucks on the line.

haha nice. i'm one behind the leader in ours. got one back on the panthers last week, but its crunch time now. 400 bucks on the line.

I'm equal leader with a dude from work ..... i've got him on differential though.

Playing for $650 so i think the favourites will be my tip for the next two rounds (sorry Broncs)

Im up by 3 tips and first is 500 so I am playing it very safe right now!

I've got a feeling if we come out firing that Manly won't be able to stick with us like Melbourne did (courtesy only of Cronk, Smith and Slater).

Maybe our prop interchange needs to be:
8. McGuire
10. Civ

15. Hannant
16. Lui/Dodds

so that we have at least one quality prop on the field at all times.

Also might be my last Broncos game of the season.

I'm away for the Penrith game O/S, and not back until the Saturday after.

Fingers crossed Gyngell doesn't fark me with a Broncos Friday night semi final first up (if we get that far)!!!

Fingers crossed Gyngell doesn't fark me with a Broncos Friday night semi final first up (if we get that far)!!!

from what i saw the first week of finals is already decided. if broncs do make it we play on saturday, as both 5 v 8 and 6 v 7 are scheduled for a saturday game. it suits me as i get on a plane to the US on sunday morning :)

guys, just to clarify, not getting ahead of myself with pie in the sky stuff. those are just the "facts" :)

from what i saw the first week of finals is already decided. if broncs do make it we play on saturday, as both 5 v 8 and 6 v 7 are scheduled for a saturday game. it suits me as i get on a plane to the US on sunday morning :)

guys, just to clarify, not getting ahead of myself with pie in the sky stuff. those are just the "facts" :)

Woo woo, go Broncos then!

I'd be surprised if Glenn does play, usually a hammy that high up takes more than a couple of weeks.
He wouldn't be named if he wasn't ready. If it was a 50-50 proposition they wouldn't have named him and just instead put him in a 20 jersey an hour before the game.

I would say he's 100% good to go, I'll be very disappointed if he re-injures and is out for the season but then again, this game is effectively our season.

Footage of Broncos training earlier in the week showed Glenn running quite freely

Just on our starting props for the Manly match. I'd like to see Hannant start with M'Guire or some other young gun before bringing on the veteran Civo. My reasoning is that we often lose a little bit of punch when Civo goes off and also when he does come on off the bench he appears way more enthusiastic . Might be that he wants to always to be known as a starter prop. I know Manly are a physical side but the two I mentioned have proven up to the task before. Just a random thought...I actually don't care how Hook gets it done just so long as we bash the ship out of Manly and have a wet sail into the semis...

Half of me agrees, the other half loves the start the Petro and Hannant give us. If we jump out to a lead and get run down again I will be in tears...

I think once McGuire comes on he should stay on. Then alternate Hannant and Petero for the rest of the game, although that'd mean either of them would probably need to play the entire first half.

Hannant and Petero were the biggest reasons for our success in the opening 20 mins of the last 2 games. Unfortunately they both seem pretty unfit at the moment. Hopefully McGuire can provide the same level of ball playing while bringing more minutes.

I think once McGuire comes on he should stay on. Then alternate Hannant and Petero for the rest of the game, although that'd mean either of them would probably need to play the entire first half.

Just take Petero off after 20 and then take Hannant off after 30. Petero should be right after a 10min break.

Can't see why we can't have all three on at any one time (obviously not for long periods) but McGuire has a very similar game to Parker and could just as easily give Thaiday, Parker, Te'o or Glenn a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • MasterWright
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ozired
  • Spooky1013
  • Browny
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Behind enemy lines
  • theshed
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.