Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Macca is actually our chief at the moment, seems to be yabbering at everything that moves and acting the real captain, he's abilities are just kinda inconsistent (although he always seems to be on the improve).

I really think Macca is actually our chief at the moment, seems to be yabbering at everything that moves and acting the real captain, he's abilities are just kinda inconsistent (although he always seems to be on the improve).

The most disappointing thing about Macca was he is the goose who threw the pass to Wallace when Norman was set up to go for the field goal.

I'd also love for Wal to maybe move to hooker with Hunt and Macca acting halves, Maccas got such a crisp pass when he's in motion. When we're in the red zone that is.

The most disappointing thing about Macca was he is the goose who threw the pass to Wallace when Norman was set up to go for the field goal.

Yeah he has some stupid decisions in him when under the pump which is disappointing, yeah he's young but I'd like to see se improvement there.

That and the kick out on the full from dummy half. He's so good for much of the game but has clangers that are momentum changers.

From how far out was that? Broncs were never in a realistic field goal kicking position.

About 30-35m out and 15m in from the left touch line. Which is why it made so much sense to pass left on that play!

About 30-35m out and 15m in from the left touch line. Which is why it made so much sense to pass left on that play!

It's a surprise tactic. Surprised everyone, super effective.

Yep, Macca is a frustrating one. Can make 60 quality tackles, get the forwards rolling all night and launch some good short side assaults but he'll usually do something stupid. I still remember last year his massive kick out on the full against the Tigers. Vossy seems to remember it too.

Tonight is the first night in a few rounds I actually think we're a good chance of winning this. I know it's Manly, I know Brooky is bit of a hoodoo for us but to me the Broncos have been building since the Canberra game, have practically all the stars back & will treat this as a big game. This is our season and boy I'd love nothing more than to see us win.

I can't even remember the last time we beat Manly. Shirley we are due one now.

Last year brus - and we all got to play on the field afterwards too

He is still improving. He still certainly has mistakes in his game and his overuse of the attempted try from dummy half makes we want to throttle him sometimes.

A lot of my mental sanity invested in this game tonight.

Two wins by Broncos from past three games against Manly at Brookvale.

Yep, Macca is a frustrating one. Can make 60 quality tackles, get the forwards rolling all night and launch some good short side assaults but he'll usually do something stupid. I still remember last year his massive kick out on the full against the Tigers. Vossy seems to remember it too.

Tonight is the first night in a few rounds I actually think we're a good chance of winning this. I know it's Manly, I know Brooky is bit of a hoodoo for us but to me the Broncos have been building since the Canberra game, have practically all the stars back & will treat this as a big game. This is our season and boy I'd love nothing more than to see us win.

So what he has some clangers. I will take the occasionally f*** up from him in exchange for all the good stuff he does. If most of the other 17 put in the effort that he did we could take there clangers and still not be in the f***ed up position we are in.

Yeah, how stupid of him to pass the ball to the most experienced half we have in that situation. I can hardly see how Wallace's complete inability to do anything constructive in that situation is Macca's fault

It's just frustrating because honestly I (and others) think he's destined for greatness.

Yeah, how stupid of him to pass the ball to the most experienced half we have in that situation. I can hardly see how Wallace's complete inability to do anything constructive in that situation is Macca's fault

Wallace wasn't in a position to do anything constructive. The whole team was yelling pass it to Norman. Wallace was never in the right position to get the ball. Macca may as well passed it to a prop. :001_rolleyes:

FWIW I thought Norman was standing too flat anyway. Almost certain any field goal attempt would have been successfully charge down. Of course we might have gotten the ball back but I've moved on and already forgotten about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.