Round 25 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think once McGuire comes on he should stay on. Then alternate Hannant and Petero for the rest of the game, although that'd mean either of them would probably need to play the entire first half.

+1 Billion!

Josh McGuire = James Graham. Graham comes on after 20mins and basically keeps the Dogs going strong for the rest of the game, whilst they have another strong working prop in Tolman and a bruiser in Kasiano. Hannant > Tolman and Civoniceva I think can still outgun Kasiano (who is still a very promising player though). Frankly, if Hook just copies the Dogs prop rotation I would be very happy.

+1 Billion!

Josh McGuire = James Graham. Graham comes on after 20mins and basically keeps the Dogs going strong for the rest of the game, whilst they have another strong working prop in Tolman and a bruiser in Kasiano. Hannant > Tolman and Civoniceva I think can still outgun Kasiano (who is still a very promising player though). Frankly, if Hook just copies the Dogs prop rotation I would be very happy.

Can't agree that McGuire = James Graham. Graham does 1 thing I haven't seen McGuire do (yet): play maker (sort of) in the middle especially with his well-timed short passing game. In doing so, he is one their key players who keep the game plan together, which is one of our weaknesses, and why we fall apart when things go wrong.

However, I too agree with Jeba about the forward rotation.

In any case, as someone observed somewhere - can't remember where, when we lost Lockyer we lost control of the game plan. I totally agree, which is why we fizzle when things swing against us. I hope our "leaders",our senior players, really stand up from now on so that we keep our shape, structure and determination no matter what.

I don't really mean in a playing sense, but in terms of the role that Graham plays that McGuire should, which is coming on after 20 and staying on the whole time.

I don't really mean in a playing sense, but in terms of the role that Graham plays that McGuire should, which is coming on after 20 and staying on the whole time.

agree with you on this for sure

This is it, our run starts here, against one of the competition favourites, this is where we stand up. After last weeks effort I'm confident we can do it, CMON BOYS!!! We tried hard last week but things just didn't go our way, this is the week where we have some luck and we work hard! P7 Baby!

If we can contain their right side attack in the Stewart brothers and Lyon, our forwards should roll right thru the middle and give us every chance of the win. Hopefully Reed is in a tackling mood tonight.

As said previous, this is our start and we can do this, Cmon the Broncs!!!

Hodges and Reed are generally pretty good at shutting down opposition centres. We've had a lot of trouble there when those guys have been injured/SOO

Reed's been pretty poor this year, that could've just been because he was next to Norman and Hodges isn't that good in defense, just their replacements were shitter defending at centre. Lyon could destroy us outside.

I'm more worried about Thaiday marking Tony Williams.

I'm more worried about who's going to pull the team together when things don't go our way. So far, our improvement seems to have stopped when we lost momentum, and the game plan fell apart. At least the good recovery (of sorts) v Storm gives me some hope someone will take control of our shape and structure.

For mine, that's the key, even more than the performance of any single player.

We have to control the middle, and ourselves (hmmm ... Maybe I should rephrase that ...)

I'm more worried about who's going to pull the team together when things don't go our way. So far, our improvement seems to have stopped when we lost momentum, and the game plan fell apart. At least the good recovery (of sorts) v Storm gives me some hope someone will take control of our shape and structure.

For mine, that's the key, even more than the performance of any single player.

We have to control the middle, and ourselves (hmmm ... Maybe I should rephrase that ...)

But even that mini comeback only came about due to the raised forearm that clocked Thiaday. Prior to that we weren't even in the contest. Agree we need someone to step up and drag us back when things aren't going our way. It probably starts in the forwards with a couple of big charges up the middle.

I'm actually a bit surprised how confident a lot of people are.

But even that mini comeback only came about due to the raised forearm that clocked Thiaday. Prior to that we weren't even in the contest.

credit where its due the storm really picked up their act in the second half. they gave us nothing. they are a top 4 side for a reason.

I'm actually a bit surprised how confident a lot of people are.

yeah i wouldnt say im confident, but i know we can beat them if its our night.

i'm pretty nervous tbh.

Well you can understand why. Pretty much our best squad minus JYY, short turnaround for Manly and injuries. But now that it's game day, I'm completely nervous and less confident than yesterday.

yeah i wouldnt say im confident, but i know we can beat them if its our night.

i'm pretty nervous tbh.

Me too. I'm just amazed how many randoms on Facebook etc are tipping Brisbane, like on the NRL page and stuff - not Broncos pages or my friends who are mainly Broncos fans themselves.

Just seems odd that they seem such a popular tip riding on the back of 5 losses and playing one of their bogey teams away from home...

I'm more worried about what Geoff Toovey will whinge about in the post match press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dee
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ezpz
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Howie
  • Painin the Haas
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.