POST GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

yep wanted a position and wasn't willing to tough it out , so took the cash and easy option.

More money and his team is going to finish higher up the ladder than his previous team.

Smart man by the sounds of it.

More money and his team is going to finish higher up the ladder than his previous team.

Smart man by the sounds of it.
meh , they won't win shit. just delaying their holiday, not much difference on ladder position from 7-12 and we've had a shocker.

I still don't believe for a minute Herbie didn't go for the money. You can slice it any way you want, that's what it is and always is with players.
Unless you're Xavier Coates.

Herbie probably got better after he signed with Redcliffe. He certainly wasn’t the player he is now in 2022.
He passes the football, or at least gives it a go. If only Kevvie had suggested that.

I still don't believe for a minute Herbie didn't go for the money. You can slice it any way you want, that's what it is and always is with players.

All players play for the money, just the way it is. We couldnt get near what the Phins offered because we had good money tied up in Staggs and Cobbo.

Herbie ostensibly signed a 1 year deal at the beginning of or mid 2022 with the Broncos, hoping to play fullback at the Dolphins on a big dollar deal. He was stuck behind Tesi Nui and Cobbo at that point. He had an ok season 2022, but no one would have signed him in Feb 2023 over the current Broncos player stock as a mid to good outside back. Staggs was the absolute sole future and centre of our entire team in 2022/2023. At that point Corey Oates had a better 2022 season and Cobbo had a blinder. Herbie also missed half the season with a torn bicep.

Herbie comes back 2023, signs pre season with Dolphins and then has a breakout year. Nothing really the Broncos could have done in those circumstances

Interesting that the media is talking about the teams lack of enthusiasm when Carrigan scored on Saturday It is very clear there is a lot wrong at the club right now. Mind boggling how we can go from the 2023 season to basically seeming to hate each other in one off season.

Interesting that the media is talking about the teams lack of enthusiasm when Carrigan scored on Saturday It is very clear there is a lot wrong at the club right now. Mind boggling how we can go from the 2023 season to basically seeming to hate each other in one off season.
You can read a side a lot from their training and you go back a few rounds and it was made blatantly obvious through the media the simple errors being made and lack of cohesion and concentration in the practise plays it translates onto the field, even Arthars pretty much confirmed that in an interview. This season it has been staggering the amount of dismally soft tries been scored off the back of poor ball security or discipline combined with inept defence.

You can read a side a lot from their training and you go back a few rounds and it was made blatantly obvious through the media the simple errors being made and lack of cohesion and concentration in the practise plays it translates onto the field, even Arthars pretty much confirmed that in an interview. This season it has been staggering the amount of dismally soft tries been scored off the back of poor ball security or discipline combined with inept defence.
It was all too hard. They wanted it easy and weren't prepared to work for it. This playing group needs to earn our love and respect back TBH.

Because I like torturing myself,
Just watched the press conference...

it is an absolute punish to watch Kevie's press conferences.

- This "coach whisperer" BS has to go, think positively to yourself and your team, but making cringey statements at pressers... its embarrassing... honestly If I was a free agent marquee player, watching those pressers from Kevvie , I'm thinking "I don't want to play under that coach"

I 100% think it affects us signing players AND I rkn players from other teams definitely see/know about it. You can see on IG that there are certain players who are all close/talk to each other from diff clubs etc. You can bet your bottom dollar they talk about this shit.

I'm not a Kevie basher but he doesn't look confident... he doesn't look like he has the dressing room, and he doesn't look like he has the fix.

2023 was a dream run... Yes Kevie had his touches on it... but in the end it really did come down to our attacking brilliance and it coming off. I don't think we had a feared forward pack or excellent defense. We just had too much strike, and honestly Walsh/Mam had a blinder of a year overall. So sad that we choked in the GF... really is.

I can see us do better next year, but are we really going to be top4/title contenders?
I can see us as a top 8 side... but we just dont have the mongrel in the forwards. Thus relying on another brilliant year from all the backs... I don't know... I just feel you can't win September like that.
Last year it was , Melbourne and Warriors at home, into the GF. Totally different story. I just don't see us coming 1st/2nd to emulate a scenario like that again next year.

Because I like torturing myself,
Just watched the press conference...

it is an absolute punish to watch Kevie's press conferences.

- This "coach whisperer" BS has to go, think positively to yourself and your team, but making cringey statements at pressers... its embarrassing... honestly If I was a free agent marquee player, watching those pressers from Kevvie , I'm thinking "I don't want to play under that coach"

I 100% think it affects us signing players AND I rkn players from other teams definitely see/know about it. You can see on IG that there are certain players who are all close/talk to each other from diff clubs etc. You can bet your bottom dollar they talk about this shit.

I'm not a Kevie basher but he doesn't look confident... he doesn't look like he has the dressing room, and he doesn't look like he has the fix.

2023 was a dream run... Yes Kevie had his touches on it... but in the end it really did come down to our attacking brilliance and it coming off. I don't think we had a feared forward pack or excellent defense. We just had too much strike, and honestly Walsh/Mam had a blinder of a year overall. So sad that we choked in the GF... really is.

I can see us do better next year, but are we really going to be top4/title contenders?
I can see us as a top 8 side... but we just dont have the mongrel in the forwards. Thus relying on another brilliant year from all the backs... I don't know... I just feel you can't win September like that.
Last year it was , Melbourne and Warriors at home, into the GF. Totally different story. I just don't see us coming 1st/2nd to emulate a scenario like that again next year.

I'm not sure anyone saw us in 2022 doing what we did in 2023, so it is obvious you can bounce back quickly and especially with the talent we have. But something is clearly wrong off field, no player seems happy and Kevvie has sadly cracked under the pressure and it is sad to see.

I'm thinking "I don't want to play under that coach"
Cam Smith felt the same way. The problem with Kevvie is that you can tell that he isn't confident in his positive attitude. It's like he is practising at home in the mirror "I'm a winner, we are winners, we have already won" after listening to some self-help tapes in the car on the drive home.

It comes across as inauthentic (because it is) and it's not hard to see he is only doing it because Bradley Stubbs sold him on it well. The players would see this, no doubt.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Wild Horse
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • thenry
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gympie devil
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.