POST GAME [Round 26, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

I think letting him go is the wrong term. There is no doubt we wanted to keep him. The problem is we weren’t in a position to give him the offer we needed to. We don’t prioritise him and that is going to hurt us.
You’re correct.

Absolute hindsight hero stuff but in retrospect you’d have moved Staggs to left centre and let Haas walk if it meant keeping Herbie and Flegler

You’re correct.

Absolute hindsight hero stuff but in retrospect you’d have moved Staggs to left centre and let Haas walk if it meant keeping Herbie and Flegler
I’d hate to let Haas go ever tbh. That said the club being scared to lose him has always been part of the problem. He’s not over paid but in relation to the salary cap he costs us too much.

I think letting him go is the wrong term. There is no doubt we wanted to keep him. The problem is we weren’t in a position to give him the offer we needed to. We don’t prioritise him and that is going to hurt us.

It wasn't just the offer, it was the role the Broncos saw him playing. They don't see him as the get all the ball attacking centre and he wanted and thinks he worth that and wanted the chance to prove he's more than just metres out of his end.

It wasn't just the offer, it was the role the Broncos saw him playing. They don't see him as the get all the ball attacking centre and he wanted and thinks he worth that and wanted the chance to prove he's more than just metres out of his end.
odd. Surely all centres get plenty of attacking ball particularly at Brisbane

48% tries on the right last year (61/127), 35% on the left 44/127- that's a lot more quality ball.
They went right because that’s the side of the dominant playmaker in Reynolds. Plus Farnsworth was good at not passing it when his winger when he was wide open. I get the thinking from Farnsworth but it is a selfish outlook.

I really doubt they said this but if they did, it highlights once again the issues with our R&R team. You didn't have to know much about league to see how good Herbie was.

I really doubt they said this but if they did, it highlights once again the issues with our R&R team. You didn't have to know much about league to see how good Herbie was.
Herbie probably got better after he signed with Redcliffe. He certainly wasn’t the player he is now in 2022.

They went right because that’s the side of the dominant playmaker in Reynolds. Plus Farnsworth was good at not passing it when his winger when he was wide open. I get the thinking from Farnsworth but it is a selfish outlook.

He's well aware of the reasons, which is why he wanted to be on the right. They valued Staggs over him.

Far out Herbie absolutely shredded us. 2 tries, 2 try assists, 287 metres, 3 linebreaks, 2 linebreak assists, 7 tackle breaks. Max pain for Broncos fans.
We ended up with Max pain and not max plath😖😖

I went to the game last night and was again amazed at the thousands of enthusiastic supporters who turn up to support this team. The team repaid them with that joke of an effort. Basic skills seem to be lacking. Kevie has to wear some of the blame. Nearly zero structure there last night. Amateurs.

He's well aware of the reasons, which is why he wanted to be on the right. They valued Staggs over him.
I’m sorry but I have no idea how you would be privy to these kind of discussions.

I still don't believe for a minute Herbie didn't go for the money. You can slice it any way you want, that's what it is and always is with players.
yep wanted a position and wasn't willing to tough it out , so took the cash and easy option.

Active Now

• Stix
  • mystico
  • Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.